What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/25/23 2:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning Everyone! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend.

I spent 99% of it preparing for my class Sunday. If I set up the back tables like a market I can usually sell a few hundred worth of cookies and supplies but yesterday, despite bringing a lot of cute things, I only sold $66 worth of extras :( The class itself was okay but half the people were very quiet, and one entire table were friends and laughed a lot but they had a negative sarcastic humor so they were just very loud about how "bad" they thought they were doing. It was all jokey, but I still felt like the room just had a weird energy. That sounds negative--a few people who attended have already signed up for some future classes so obviously they had fun, but most times my classes give me energy, but for some reason this one drained me.

I could have gone to bed the second I walked in the house at 6pm but there was a new Hallmark Mystery (Haunted Harmony - Murder in G Major), so I stayed up to watch the first half but then I gave up and went to bed. God I love a cozy mystery. I'm still plugging away at mine, btw! I have a complete outline and two chapters written already!

Also, if you follow my business pages on social media you probably think I am on a beach in Aruba somewhere this week. I'm not. I just needed a break from my social media page for a minute. I usually have posts scheduled a few weeks ahead of time but I don't have anything to post this week, and after a year of never missing a day, I decided to take a week off, so I am pretending on am on a lovely vacation somewhere while I furiously make things to post for the next month! Play along, please :)

QOTD: do you think you'd be happier if you lived somewhere else? Sometimes. If I have to live in the US, Massachusetts is definitely where I belong. But I still dream of living in a small town somewhere in France, though.

Accountability: Solidly "meh." No days in which I stuck to 500 calories but no big disasters either. My cousin brought me a big can of peanuts last week and I have been plugging away at them. I should throw them away today.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 9/25/23 2:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday! Let's get through this last week in September together!

Had a good weekend, worked out twice and relaxed Saturday finished by dinner with a friend, yesterday was team building ball game with with which was fine. They have manta rays at the stadium so we went and visited them. Busy work week ahead with meetings 8-5 today and tomorrow with dinner both nights. I have my workout in this morning and I think after they day of meetings, I found a short stretching series I will need.

qotd - nope, I think happiness doesn't come from a location because no matter where I've moved, I was still there, lol. Although a better social safety net would be great.

menu today

lots of coffee with half and half

cold brew skyr

no idea on lunch but I have a pack of pepperoni-cheese roll ups in case it's awful

dinner probably steak or chicken plus asparagus and a glass of wine

have a terrific Monday!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 9/25/23 3:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm gearing up for a busy week, starting with a 7:40 PT appointment this morning. What on earth was I thinking? I backed off a little on my exercises this week (esp one that involves weights - I bought some lighter ones this weekend) because I was aggravating my bursitis, which is why I'm in PT in the first place. I'll have to have a chat with him this morning and see what he thinks. Otherwise, I have my film discussion group at 10:00 (we watched "Obit" - my 4th time seeing it - love, love, love this documentary!) and class this afternoon. So today is do-able. Can't say that for most of the rest of the week - plus I have to have a book read by Friday. Yikes. Oh well - maybe it'll take my mind off food!

QOTD: I would move to Europe if I could. Saner place (at least most of it), and much better social safety nets. But as far as the US, I'm pretty happy where I am and can't think of too many places I'd move to if I had to. Although it'd definitely be in the northeast or the Great Lakes area (preferably in or near a large city). Even though the weather can suck, these areas feel like "home" to me.

I'm not even going to categorize this into meals because I often end up flipping them around so much. But overall:

coffee with half & half

Ratio yogurt with raspberries

Danish bread with a little butter and jam

borscht

Thai-style salad

protein pumpkin muffin

protein pumpkin pie

Click protein shake (this one I'll take to the film group)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 9/25/23 4:29 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin everyone!

Been a long night so I'm hoping for naps today. Lots of grogginess too.

Not much planned today that I know of. Hopefully our meth head neighbors will be gone today and we can stay home. As usual I need to work on chainmail. My "boss" wants about five of the tiny snowflakes if I have enough rings. If I have enough I'll use em all up. They aren't my favorite thing to make with the 24awg wire rings. It's tedious and just annoying LOL. I guess I like variety and feel stuck making the same thing over and over. It's my own design but I still get tired of it.

QOTD: I live in the reddest part of one of the reddest states. If I live in Austin or what not it'd be different. I would love to live elsewhere for the mentioned reason.

food is terribly unplanned.

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 9/25/23 5:01 am
RNY on 08/21/12

24 gauge must be very fragile? I imagine it would be really hard to keep the links round.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 9/25/23 5:43 am - Amarillo, TX

They are stainless steel but yes...very fragile. I couldn't use them for anything else...these will just be pendants. Someday I hope to learn to weld. We'd do em in titanium if we could find them in those sizes.

it takes a very delicate hand.

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 9/25/23 7:57 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'll bet they're fragile.

Welding is on my list of things to learn.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

duffman12979
on 9/25/23 6:38 am
VSG on 11/14/14

Good morning JB and Menu folks! I have been locked out of my account since after our cruise in April. The recovery email is no longer in use and I finally said I miss you guys enough that I need to create a new account. ( and I need to get my butt in gear).

I did so well the first quarter of this year and then gained it all back. I have been getting my butt back to the gym, and am done with excuses. It really starts with exercise with me, exercise seems to help keep my attitude in check.

I hope you have all been well.

We have 3 weeks of work and then off for 2 weeks, Joddie and I will celebrate our 30th Anniversary on a cruise.

QOTD - I really like where we live, but, Joddie and I could easily fit into the Island Life somewhere. We love to watch Bahamas Life, I could live somewhere else for 3-4 months a year....

B - Premier Protein Shake

L - Premier Protein Shake

D - Grilled Ribeye and Asparagus

E - gym night

Stay Healthy My friends, Mike

catwoman7
on 9/25/23 7:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

welcome back, Mike! A couple of us at the OH conference were wondering where you've been - were your ears burning??? Great to have you back!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

duffman12979
on 9/25/23 10:30 am
VSG on 11/14/14

Haha - my ears were ringing, I am working on getting my original account opened back up

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 389 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics