What's on your Sunday menu?

Lisa91941
on 9/24/23 8:21 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Checking in. I've got my almost 3 miles done for the day and we are going to the Blue Angels air show so there will be lots more walking. I was raised on Navy bases, so this is not my first rodeo...more like 15th, but nothing blows my skirt up like The Sound of Freedom! And the weather looks to be perfect. Usually it is near 100 on Blue Angels weekend and we are expecting a high of 78 today.

Yesterday I made really good food choices, got in over 10K steps, got my walk in and attempted a 10 minute all abs workout routine. Failed out of that at the end of the 7th minute. Ha! But my weight jumped up last night. Scale is trying to kill me.

QoTD: Getting ready for our cruise that starts on Sunday, trying a brand new restaurant that just opened down the street and my workout classes.

Food is going to be a challenge today. I will have an egg with some cheese and half an apple for breakfast. Then it's up in the air (no air show pun intended). I think I'll throw some beef jerky and a protein bar in my backpack for just in case.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 9/24/23 8:33 am - Warren, OH

My friend's son is a Blue Angel so it is extra special when they come here. I love watching them. Enjoy the show.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 9/24/23 8:49 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

It's ironic how it is usually scorching out when the air shows come around. Hot Sun, hot temperature and radiating tarmac pavement. Glad it will be cooler for you to enjoy. It's been a few years since we went to the local base for an air show. Thunderbirds since we have an Air Force Base.

where are you cruising?

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

lmfontana4
on 9/24/23 8:38 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I use to dislike sharing before WLS but now most meals are too big! I get the meme though.

Mel- hope your nephew didn't get you or your mom sick. Hope you got some extra rest today.

Saturday I took DD to the mall to do a little shopping. Homecoming was last night. When I was in high school homecoming was basically a football game and anointing a king and queen. Now it is a week long celebration with a formal dance on Saturday. Last weekend DD and DH found a few dresses they purchased for the dance (and other events) but yesterday she found one she liked better. DH was a little miffed that she wanted to wear what we purchased instead. He takes some things very personally, me I would have said whatever you want.... Anyway sounds like her and friends have lots of fun. Today, DD and I went to Tina the Musical (very good) matinee then out for Poke Bowls. Her first time but she opted for cooked chicken, no fish as she doesn't like.

QOTD: DexaScan scan tomorrow morning for body composition testing, meal prep, an online class on Mastering Imposter Syndrome, and a workout. Thursday DD and I have a Japanese cooking class (really a demonstration since you watch but then eat the food prepared). Otherwise it's work with a few meeting thrown in.

Meals are mostly the usual but a Poke bowl instead for dinner.
E: pilates

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 9/25/23 12:46 am - Warren, OH

More than 30 years ago, I read an article saying that every successful business woman secretly feared becoming a bag lady. That stuck with me and helped me a lot when dealing with people. Now it is called imposter syndrome and being understood and addressed. That is a class that would be interested in taking.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views