What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 9/24/23 12:52 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Sunday mornin y'all!

Not much going on today. Yesterday was pretty awful for my nephew. He has some sort of stomach bug. BUT of course my brother and SIL didn't cancel some were all exposed, he even got on my lap and very near to my face. We spent two hours at the park, and within 20 minutes of the actual get together he wanted to go home, which they should have never left. The parents are so inconsiderate. Anyways, I see naps in my future. I'm super groggy and having nightmares every time I sleep.

QOTD: What's your plans for the week ahead?

Nothing planned here. Hoping to hear back from the insurance company.

B: hard boiled eggs, avocado cilantro yogurt dressing and a slice of Jewish rye/pumpernickel bread

L: shrimp and corn chowder

D: cod and a small side salad

Snacks yet to be determined.

Mel

catwoman7
on 9/24/23 5:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I have to run some mail out to the nursing home where my client lives. They forward her mail to me, but I get an occasional piece that needs to go to the financial person instead. Got one of those last week. I'll pop into see my client while I'm there. Otherwise, I need to watch a film for tomorrow's film discussion group and really work on my classes, since I've majorly slacked off on those and need to get back on top of them. This week I have my PT appt, an appt with the endocrinologist to start up on my new osteoporosis drug (which involves daily injections - ugh), my film group, a "Name that Tune" game fundraiser I signed up for, and my cookbook group. I think that's it.. well, and classes.

B: crumpet with butter and jam, skyr, coffee with half & half

MS: maybe a protein shake, maybe not

L: Ratio yogurt, Danish bread

AS: protein pumpkin pie

D: salad (and maybe borscht if I can work up the energy to make it!!)

have a great day!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/24/23 6:25 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Randomly, mmm, crumpets! There used to be a specialty place around here that sold crumpets and other teatime delicacies but they gave up the ghost during covid.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 9/24/23 11:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've been working with sourdough lately and I'm always trying to find things to do with the discard. A friend told me he makes crumpets out of his, so I looked for a recipe and made them - twice now! They take up about a cup of sourdough, so it's a perfect way to get rid of a bunch of it in one fell swoop! Plus they're not very big (at least the ones I make aren't), so the calories aren't terrible (84), so it's pretty easy to fit one into my plan every once in awhile...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/24/23 6:37 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Fingers crossed that you don't pick up whatever your nephew has. Never a good way to start the week.

QOTD- Just planning for my trip. We have an all day offsite Tuesday and I get my braces adjusted just before leaving. I've been prepping a few things like putting out my camping mattress to let it get nice and fluffy. Love self-inflating mattress and glad I upgraded a few years ago. It's hard sleeping on hard surfaces the older I get. Anyway, I'm making protein grab bags like I did last year. Each will have foods equal to about 100g of protein. So long as I get those in as a base, can eat any other regional food. That's the plan.

I've been treating my dogs who seem to be full of holes. Old boy has what looks like a hot spot that I've shaved down and been treating. I talked the vet into some antibiotics, so that should help. Young dog has what looked like a fresh bite or cut on the back of his leg and I don't know where he got it. Also treating. The neighbor's red dog has been huddling on my porch to hide from the storms. Maybe they got into it.

Today is the standard cooking and cleaning. I called a handyman to see about work on the pole barn and well house that are beyond a single person. Also going to have someone check my crawl space and attic going into fall. Busy, busy. It's also wasp season coming. Boo.

Oh, and I signed up for a digital fitness pass and queued a bunch of classes. Also learned how to cast my phone to my TV so I can watch the instructors in front of me. Am excited for this to work toward my goal of better fitness and stamina before the Galapagos in December.

Menu is ratio yogurt, half a turkey sandwich, scrambled eggs with chorizo, protein oatmeal balls, half a banana, seaweed, rambutan, whisps, going to try cottage cheese again.

Cheers!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 9/24/23 8:30 am - Warren, OH

CH- You keep yourself so busy and organized. I started back to work and need a routine again. I spent the summer staying up too late and napping during the day. I am forcing myself to go to bed at night and get up in the morning. Also need to be better about meal planning. I tend to just skip meals and will end up too tired if I don't eat enough.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/24/23 3:09 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Kind of you to say. Things don't always go according to plan and naps do happen in my life...but I also don't sleep for more than 2 hours without waking, so if I can nap, I don't regret it!

Sometimes a schedule can make all the difference. Some things are worth setting alarms for. I do it for my supplements a lot, especially since I'm on one prescription now that's supposed to be taken 4-6 hours after the others so it doesn't cause problems. Sounds like food is a big one for you! Why did you go back to work?

White Dove
on 9/24/23 3:27 pm - Warren, OH

I retired long ago and did not work for years. Then wanted something part time and started doing taxes. I normally work four months a year and am off the other months. But was asked to work for a month in the fall for people who have tax extensions and file in October. I will probably be fine if I can get myself into sleeping more at night.

Setting alarms for those pills is a good thing. My Apple watch and Siri is great for alarms and I will use that to remind me to eat before I run down like the Energizer Bunny. I plan to work a full 40 hours this week coming up and see how it goes.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/24/23 5:14 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Ahh, that's right- taxes! That's nice of you to work with all the people with extensions. Sounds like it's going to be a busy week. Someday I'll probably have to use more than TurboTax. Outside of health expenses, my taxes are pretty straightforward, unfortunately.

Glad you have reminders to eat! My body goes through ravenous phases and "food, what's that?" Phases, so I get it.

White Dove
on 9/25/23 12:39 am - Warren, OH

TurboTax will probably be all you need unless you end up in some unique situation.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views