Melody P.
on 9/21/23 2:50 pm - Amarillo, TX

Hope your kitty is ok!

Mel

Mkess
on 9/21/23 7:32 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Thursday,

QJB- I hope you shake this cold and go back to your originally scheduled programming.

I'm making progress. I have a knee brace fitting in a half hour. The actual hip replacement surgery got approved by my insurance. My lab work came back good. I have my Covid shot today. The only piece of the surgery puzzle that's missing is a CT scan. Even though the insurance approved the surgery, they've denied the CT scan 3x including 2 appeals. My surgeon is doing a peer to peer review this week and I hope that's the answer. If not, I'll need to go to the state board with this.

QOTD- when I have a cold, I usually just function as much as I can and let the cold run it's course. If it's bad, I make take OTC stuff, tea and honey, chicken soup, steam in the shower, etc.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, a couple bites of shashouka.

L: mushroom soup and duck leftovers.

D: 2lb T-Bone. I wanted to try aging the steak so I got a substantial weight. Im excited about the results. It's way too big to even consider eating the whole steak. I'm going to make a plate for a neighborhood guy that I talk to. It's his birthday today. I said I'd bring him a bite, like I sometimes do. I hope he is plenty surprised with 1/2lb of the steak, sides, dessert, iced tea and grape soda.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Greateight
on 9/21/23 7:36 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Way to keep battling Matt. At some point, someone is going to realize that you need the scan for the already approved surgery.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 9/21/23 7:45 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I have aged steak before I did a whole Delmonico. Wrapped in cheese cloth and turned it every so many days. I think I did it for 30. We had it for a holiday diner. It was wonderful. Hope your steak is everything you expect it to be.

So proud of you staying focused on the surgery and not getting discouraged. It will definitely happen with that attitude good for you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 9/21/23 7:54 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

So very happy the surgery was approved.
Hopefully you get the good news about CT scan shortly. It's mind boggling for me that ins companies dictate what drs can and cannot do. How are they expecting the surgery to be done without a CT scan?
So...are you saying man cold happens only to the guys who can inflict their misery on their SOs?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 9/21/23 7:56 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It's ludicrous, covering a surgery but not the prerequisite. Stupid, stupid system.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

lmfontana4
on 9/21/23 8:10 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Great news on the surgery. The CT scan denial is puzzling though if it is part of the surgical workup. Hopefully the peer-to-peer review will get it approved.

You are such a generous person sharing your steak with a neighborhood guy! I wasn't sure if he is a neighbor in your building or a homeless person in the neighborhood...

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 9/21/23 2:43 pm - Amarillo, TX

Insurance entities are so asinine. They require me to get blood work yet they won't pay for the vein puncture. I'm so glad things are looking so up for you! Hoping they get their crap together and approve the CT scan!

Mel

Lisa91941
on 9/21/23 7:36 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Quick post before I jump into my day. Great night sleep. However my daughter mentioned us all going to the Halloween event at Disneyland next month and wow did my dreaming imagination run with that. Bizarre.

I did get in a yoga session in the morning and then a few rounds of good stretching throughout the day, but bailed on my walk. As soon as I finish typing this I am out the door to get today's completed. Then it's a pedi, lunch and shopping with a friend, doing a return and stopping at the market for a couple of things to get me through dinner tonight. I really need some basic veggies in my fridge, but I've been very lazy about actually grocery shopping vs picking up an item or two.

QoTD: Cold medicines make me extremely nauseous. So I have to weigh out the reward vs the risk. And I drink lots of warm beverages.

Menu today

B: egg, 20 cal zero carb tortilla, a bit of cheese and avo

L: shared chicken fajita plate, no rice, no tortillas

D: Orange spiced risotto and shrimp with either a side salad or roasted butternut squash. Both sound good so we'll see what I grab at the market.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

lmfontana4
on 9/21/23 7:44 am
RNY on 03/24/21

QJB-I am glad you have been able to rest while you are feeling under the weather. I hope you feel better soon.

Another day in the office with a couple of meetings, the usual paperwork. DS started college yesterday. I am not sure he is mentally prepared/ready to be in school again. He had a paper to write for his first English assignment which is due Friday at noon. He kept lamenting that he didn't have time for himself since he had class today (from 9:30 am-2pm), meal prep, some homework, his lifting workout, and more homework. I am hoping that he can stop stressing about time and settle into the new routine. Geez, the kid had all summer to do nothing but hangout with friends, sleep in late, workout, and a little help around the house (usually one load of laundry per day, maybe weekly vacuuming). I have told him he doesn't have to start college if he is not ready but that his other choices would be technical training (then a job), a fulltime job or the military. He is not going to be sitting on his ass doing nothing.

QOTD: Airbourne is my new go to at the start of feeling a cold come on. It seems to either stop the progress or at least shorten the course. Extra Vitamin C, plenty of water. Sudafed for stuffiness. Depending on how poorly I feel rest from working out may occur. I have been lucky to avoid the cold, flu, and COVID lately. Knock on wood.

Accountability: Nailed it yesterday

B: triple zero greek yogurt with keto granola, berries, cold brew with half n half

L: Asian chicken salad with light sesame ginger dressing

D: Berry chicken salad with light poppy seed dressing

S: protein frosty, 6-pc sf chocolate

E: leg weight workout, yoga

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics