What's on your Thursday Menu?

Emiepie
on 9/21/23 5:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yum!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 9/21/23 6:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Why I love my Aldi!!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 9/21/23 6:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I picked up a can of that the other day! (the salted caramel is still my favorite, though!). I'd pretty much given up on using whipped cream on things because I have a tendency to go nuts with it, but of course I just HAD to buy this...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 9/21/23 4:13 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! QJB, glad it's not gotten really bad. Colds are just about the worse since there isn't a lot to do for them.

Not much planned today. I need to make more mini snowflakes. I really love the end product but the jump rings in that size is a PITA. Tomorrow I'll need to make a two layer cake with buttercream frosting. My nephew's birthday is Sunday and the party is Saturday. His request is a vanilla cake with green swirls and yellow frosting. The green is his favorite and the yellow for a game called pikmin. I made it easy on my self and ordered a pikmin cake topper. I didn't even know pikmin existed until Sunday. But he loves the game. I need to go get butter and a small container of whipping cream for the frosting.

Yesterday had a prevailing sadness for me. Most days I can shake it off somewhat but yesterday it was like a cloud hanging over me. I think today is better already even with more severe pain. I really do try to be more positive about things but it's been hard lately. I'm sorry if I am too whiney but I promise I do try to be better.

QOTD: I like celestial seasoning's sinus soother tea a lot when I have a cold. If it comes with a cough some robitussein(sp?).

Food is up in the air for part of the day. I have 2 hard boiled eggs and 4 pita crackers + coffe x2 for breakfast and lunch will be some shrimp and corn chowder. Dinner is the unplanned one. We'll just have to see. It may just be more chowder.

Mel

lmfontana4
on 9/21/23 7:56 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Melody-sending a hug and love your way.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 9/21/23 2:44 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

Mel

White Dove
on 9/21/23 5:44 am - Warren, OH

I believe Mucinex is the best medicine for a cold. I get in lots of water and usually have to flavor it with Crystal Light. I also drink Coke Zero. Lots of sleep helps the most. I lose my appetite and force myself to eat because the body needs some energy to fight it off. What you at yesterday was probably ideal.

When I was growing up my mother would make me a hot toddy with hot tea, lemon, honey, and whiskey. I hated the taste of the whiskey but it did help. The Greek mothers in our neighborhood would give you a mixture of vinegar and honey on a tablespoon. They believed that was the cure.

Whiskey was a stable in our house. We used it to rub the babies gums when they were teething. Kids technically did not drink alcohol, but did not consider adding whiskey to tea or coffee to count as drinking. That was medicine. Maybe some of that contributed to the Irish having so many alcoholics.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 9/21/23 7:06 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My mom did the whiskey on the gums as well. It is crazy some of the things we did growing up and now people would be horrified if we did them now. Sorry, I think even after throwing tons of Jarts I turned out well. I also used to get whippings when I was bad. I say beat the kids' asses. (why I do not have any)

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 9/21/23 7:48 am
RNY on 08/21/12

My mom put Mercurochrome on every cut and scrape. Everyone did, back in the day. Turns out, mercury is good at killing bacteria AND people. It's now banned in the US.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 9/21/23 11:13 am - Warren, OH

People hit their kids because they believed it was the right thing to do. I know my brothers did get beaten and I have bad memories of that. The school where my son went had physical punishment.

I made it clear to the school that they better never lay a hand on my child. One day I was at school and the fourth grade teacher told me that she had spanked Kevin. I was in shock, but managed to ask what had happened. She said that she felt she had no choice. He asked why another kid got spanked when he did something and when he never got spanked when he did something much worse.

The person doing the physical punishment has to believe they are doing the right thing. I felt it was wrong for me. Other parents believed differently.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views