What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/19/23 2:25 am, edited 9/19/23 3:44 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Thanks for all of your good motivating thoughts yesterday. I am just feeling so defeated but I know that giving up will only make it worse, so I'll keep plugging along. I'm heading out at 7am to go pick up my mom and bring her to her second cataract surgery. It'll be another morning of driving 2+ hours each way and sitting around. I've got a good audio book and hopefully it goes quickly.

I got a lot done yesterday! I knew that I wouldn't have any time to be productive today, so I did all the baking and icing prep for my class. Too much time on my feet really made my knee unhappy, but hopefully sitting all day today will help get the swelling down again.

Two days in a row of decent sleep? Yay for me but worried for Lisa.

QOTD: Is there anything you wouldn?t eat based on moral or religious grounds? I just can't bring myself to eat any animals that I find particularly cute, like rabbit, lamb, or veal. I call myself an ugly-a-tarian ;)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 9/19/23 2:37 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good Morning! Bad sleep for me too! I hate that. I wish I could channel my inner Jen and bound out of bed and workout and not obsess over how few hours of sleep I got but alas, I lay here and fester.
QOTD: I feel like I should not eat octopus. My vegetarian friend told me all about how smart they are. And I loved two recent books I read that feature octopuses (sounds SO weird but both were SO good - Sea Change and Remarkably Bright Creatures). But I must say if I'm at a Spanish restaurant and they have grilled pulpo, sometimes I do get it. Shhhhh don't tell Grim but I don't eat red meat except bacon. No beef, no lamb, no ham. I just don't like it.

I am also on the struggle bus. Majorly. I can't even stand to see myself in a picture. I did a good amount of food prep for the week so today will be some combination of:

A new boars head lunch meat turkey called Pits or something like that - smoky and delicious!

Egg salad

Corn salad with peppers and onions and jalapeños and cilantro and a mayo/sour cream salt pepper garlic powder dressing

Italian chicken sausage

The last of the ground turkey taco meat

Have a fave day and I hope all your road and waiting time flies by!

Lisa91941
on 9/19/23 7:32 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Have you watched My Octopus Teacher? It's a film and it so soothing and relaxing and the cinematography is gorgeous.

Dcgirl
on 9/19/23 8:49 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh I will have to check it out! It's so weird how I am really into octopuses recently!

Sheila_H
on 9/19/23 8:11 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Shhhh, I love octopus! There is a insalata di mare (seafood salad) that has octopus in it and for me it's in my top 5 dishes.
Also, in Belize I had the grilled octopus, kinda hard but with their spices very good.
Having said all of this watch My Octopus teacher on Netflix and then you will know why I am embarrassed to say I love to eat octopus.

Another funny story: off the coast of Sardinia. My brother and I were snorkeling and he saw an octopus. Mediterranean octopus are not as big as the ocean octopus. He got his arrow gun and shot it. We brought it to the beach and I saw a side of my SIL that scared the heck out of me. This woman didn't even blink. Took the octopus from my brother and started smashing its head against the rocks. I literally covered my kids' eyes because I had no idea what was happening. The octopus wrapped his tentacles around her arm and the whole thing looked like out of a horror movie. Come to find out you gotta do that in order to get the ink out of the octopus before cooking it. I never cross my SIL, I'm too scared of her.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 9/19/23 8:50 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG that's a crazy ass story, Sheila! I can't even imagine seeing that - I would also NOT cross your SIL. She's a beast!

Dcgirl
on 9/19/23 8:50 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG that's a crazy ass story, Sheila! I can't even imagine seeing that - I would also NOT cross your SIL. She's a beast!

lmfontana4
on 9/19/23 1:40 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

That story about your SIL! What a sight that would have been. Traumatized you also it sounds like. I have never tried octopus. It would never be something I would order for myself at a restaurant in case I didn't like it and usually the people I am with wouldn't either (insert sad face here).

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Teenie
on 9/19/23 8:34 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Your meal prep looks great. Hope you get back on track.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 9/19/23 3:07 am - Warren, OH

I am with you on the baby animals. I wish I was disciplined enough to just go vegan. I believe that it would be easier if I was from a culture that did not consume meat. When you are raised on it and live around it, it is a lot harder to try to be different.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views