What's on your Monday Menu?

catwoman7
on 9/18/23 4:23 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

the community when I first joined OH about nine years ago was very different than what it is now. We had a lot of pre-ops and new post-ops on here back then, some of whom talked about binge-eating during their two-week pre-op diet, eating hotdogs their second week out of surgery, asking how soon after surgery they could go out drinking, etc. The vets back then (and I wasn't one of them then) usually responded with "tough love" - which was probably appropriate. But now I think a lot of new people join Facebook groups instead (which is why I think they can be toxic!!). The people who are left here (and I'm only basing this on this particular thread, so I may be wrong) are for the most part people who are a ways out and have been successful with their programs. A lot of us are just dealing with the lifelong struggle of maintaining or dealing with a regain. So I view them very differently. Like you, they know what they need to do (and me too!). You have done great!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 9/19/23 9:56 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I do not believe I have done great. I have gained 30 lbs. Yes, I did good up to year 4 and I have maintained since my gain but still feel I am a failure since my BMI says I am still overweight. There are others who are still regular weight those are the successes. Not me. That is why I need to be here.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 9/19/23 10:16 am - Warren, OH

You are not a failure. You are normal. The body is supposed to "heal itself" and regain is actually expected. You fought it off much longer than most people. Losing it again is a very slow process because your body is better now at keeping weight on. I lost that 30 pounds over a few years of Weigh****chers.

During the pandemic I joined online Weigh****chers and started attending meetings every day. I found those leaders inspiring. Not like they used to be years ago. Their information now is up to date and makes sense.

I completely changed my feelings about food and the weight came off slowly but surely. I now eat anything I want and do not gain. I have also regained my restriction. I have to eat slowly or get full too quickly.

Enjoy being strong and healthy. I see your pictures and you look beautiful. Have patience with your body and I think it will surprise you one of these days. Everything happens at the time when it is right for you. Not gaining anymore is a big win.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 9/19/23 8:01 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My regain came between year 4 and 5. I thought when I got to year 4 I missed it but guess what it found me.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 9/19/23 9:13 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I was great through year 5. Then it became a real fight.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Lisa91941
on 9/20/23 8:09 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I would love to know how your Dexa scans turn out. I'm also interested in learning how much of my weight is muscle vs fat. Also I struggle with which is fat and which is extra skin on my lower half. I know some of it is extra skin, but I can't help but feel that when I squeeze it, it's got too much chunk to it so it must be fat! I was very bottom heavy, so my extra wiggle is mostly concentrated in my upper thighs. (TMI? lol.)

Lisa91941
on 9/18/23 9:13 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning and happy Monday! Yep, QJB, you stole my turn. Up since 3ish. But that's ok. We had a real nice weekend. Had the kids and grands over for dinner last night after a very chill day. Got a 3 mile fast walk in and then lots of reading and tv. Made amazing babyback pork ribs. Yay for leftovers.

Today's HIIT class is complete and it was work. We had a smaller than usual group and man did she work us. I'm going to feel this tomorrow for sure. I have no real plans today until this evening. But may go wander around the little mall just to get out of the house. Tonight is the fancy fundraiser and private concert by Daughtry. Not sure this is my genre, but our daughter is going with us and she is all sorts of excited. Food is by a local French restaurant, but it's feeding a group of about 300, so it won't be spectacular. Views of the ocean to die for. Going to be a late night. Hoping I get the sleep idol tonight.

QoTD: I am very reward oriented and use that as best as possible. I've been working hard at strength so that I can do all the walking and climbing on our upcoming cruise. I keep that goal in mind every day as I decided which way I am going to move my body to be successful at that. After the cruise, I'll need to pick a new goal. When I set out on a walk each day I pick a destination point. Once there I have no choice but to turn around and walk all the way back. Sometimes I hate myself for my destination point pick, but when I make it back home hate is replaced by pride. I also weigh everyday and with each plus or negative, I consider what I did the day before and what contributed to my success or lack of success. And there is always the terror of being heavy again. I remember in my soul how crappy I felt and how I'm working so hard to not go back there.

bites today!

B: I have one last rolled beef taco. I'm going with that

L: leftover pork ribs and pop chips

D: TBD!

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 9/18/23 9:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I enjoy some Daughtry.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 9/18/23 9:53 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I think his name is spelled Daltrey. Roger Daltrey.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Lisa91941
on 9/18/23 10:00 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Ha! Uhm, don't think so. But would make a bit of sense for this older crowd.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 394 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics