What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/13/23 2:51 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Hey! Well, I slept pretty well, so... sorry, Lisa! I hope you broke the streak!

Cue the Eurythmics - here comes the rain again! It's unbelievable how much we've gotten. I just hope this doesn't translate to the amount of precipitation we get this winter, because we'll be buried if this is snow!

I think I will go to Starbucks this morning and work on the job search there. I just need a change of scenery. Other than that, I need to finish making the icing for my class this weekend and work on some cookie stuff, but I really just don't have enough to keep myself truly busy.

QOTD: Do you reread books? I rarely do, but I recently decided to read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil again. I can't even remember why I wanted to--something was making me think of it. Anyway, it's interesting because I read it in the mid-90s when it came out, and even though I don't often recognize how much the world has changed in 30 years, it really has.

Accountability: I didn't know it was going to be roast day when I posted! Grim made a delicious one and he was kind enough to share with me and the cat :)

B: Fit Frappe Protein Coffee & Egg White Frittata

S: Starbux Flat White

L: Roast Beef

D: Buffalo Chicken Salad with Cukes

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/13/23 3:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! QJB, I have a feeling that y'all's kitties are a wee bit spoiled! It's the way it should be :o)

Another not so good day. Just a lot of stuff. The insurance company got back to me with a list of providers that take my Medicaid. Sadly all of them had already said they don't take patients like me. Anyway I wrote them back and I now wait for this reply. I also wrote some of the places to ask again and if they don't I told them they should take themselves off the list. Being on disability is so hard and frustrating. On one hand I'm extremely grateful that it is available but frustrated by the lack of people who take it in my area. Double edged sword!

The meth making neighbor was gone almost all day yesterday so it was nice to be able to stay home for most of it. I'm going to make chicken breakfast sausage here in about an hour. Either that or do it after my mom wakes...I don't want the smell to wake her up! I made healthier gingerbread muffins last night...was not a fan, not enough spice and they were dry. They tasted good and all but I prefer spicier gingerbread. I think for Christmas this year I'm going to make pfeffernusse cookies. They are my favorite cookie. I won't ice them like some folks do though. I'll be able to store them in the freezer and just get out a few as it only takes a few to enjoy them. I used to make them for my grandpa a lot as he was in to strong spiced things too.

Plans for the day are unknown. Thanks to the plumbing thing money is extremely tight. So we have to cash in some change to get us through. I'm just thankful we have that. Other than that we'll hopefully be able to stay home today too. I had to use the weed trimmer yesterday and my back is screaming today. I used it a whole 10 minutes maybe? lol.

QOTD: I do some. Tolkien I do and sometime others. I've read the Iliad a few times. I have to really like it to reread it.

food is unplanned.

wanted to share some pics. Mona Lisa and my mom with a mask she has for the kids,..LOL

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 9/13/23 3:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope your letters have some impact! It seems like something that could make them think differently at least.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 9/13/23 10:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/13/23 5:16 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Saying patients like you seems specifically exclusionary. Yuck. I hope you get some traction.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 9/13/23 10:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Me too. Texas and a lot of Texans are good at crapping on people who have Medicaid or any Assistance program. No matter why.

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 9/13/23 10:55 am, edited 9/13/23 3:55 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm not sure services for Medicaid are better anywhere else, unfortunately. We have an incredibly bad, broken, crappy system.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 9/13/23 8:18 pm - Amarillo, TX

You're right! I know some states are a wee bit better but overall it's crap.

I find it ironic that the main thing I'm on disability for is the thing I can't get treated for.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 9/13/23 3:32 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Wednesday!!

QOTD - yes, not all books but I have comfort books that I have read dozens of times (Dune, Little Women, Savage Summit, The Romanovs: Autocrats of All Russia, Born to Rule; The Shining are probably the books I have read the most). I will go back and read some of my non fiction if something new/adjacent comes out and I want to compare, I occasionally read a book and go to put it on my Goodreads and it's something I read years ago (sometimes I will have thought "hmm, maybe I read this before" and sometimes I will be shocked with no recollection, lol), sometimes I want to read but don't want to concentrate and re-reading is great for that (kind of like having Law and Order just running in the background but with books!). I've even re-read a few series when the series has been over just so I could experience it again.

I liked In the Garden of Good and Evil and the movie wasn't horrible. I tried to get my nephew to go on a Garden of Good and Evil walking tour with me when I visited him in Savannah but that was a no go; we did the Segway tour of the Bonaventure Cemetary instead which was awesome.

My Fitbit still isn't giving me a rest day, although today it gave me a range instead of a flat number so I'll get in some rowing and some boxing this morning. Lots of listen only meetings today and tomorrow so I should be able to get some of my planning for our next fiscal year done so that will be good.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X 2

ratio yogurt

deli ham and pickles

crustless pizza

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 9/13/23 8:40 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Never thought of The shining as a comfort book.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 389 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views