What's on your Monday Menu?

White Dove
on 9/11/23 10:32 am - Warren, OH

So sorry about your mom and your injury. I am 75 and lost my last cat this year. I decided I am not going to get more due to my age and having to worry about someone taking care of them when I am not here. Good move with the lawn service. $175 a month is a bargain when it involves the leaves too.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Dcgirl
on 9/11/23 3:25 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Aww :( That makes me sad, since I know the joy my cat brings me. Do you think you would adopt a senior cat? Let him or her live his final years in luxury? (no pressure either way, I just really adore having a pet cat!)

White Dove
on 9/11/23 4:26 pm - Warren, OH

Thanks. I have had a cat or cats in my life for over 50 years. I loved and spoiled all of them. I am living in a senior complex now that does not allow pets, except for emotional support animals. My cat was 17 when I moved and I did not want her to be rehomed at her age (or any age) so I had her certified as an emotional support animal. I do miss her a lot.

The condo president lost her kitty at about the same time and she went to Pets R Us and adopted a male who is about four years old. My long range plans were going to be to foster after I no longer had Gracie. But I did not plan to be in a condo and thought I would always live in a house with a yard.

For now I am working on my challenges of limited mobility and health concerns. I have not completely ruled out giving a home to another cat. It will depend on whether I stay here or move again and on how well I feel.

Chewy is an amazing company. When I called to cancel my orders for food and supplies, they sent me a beautiful flower arrangement and a sympathy card the next day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 9/11/23 12:32 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

QJB- despite being rained out it sounds like you had an amazing weekend. I hate when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep. I have started listening to a podcast that is designed to train your brain to help you fall alsleep. It is called Nothing Much Happens. It is on iHeart app. Here is the link.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/263-nothing-much-happens-bedt i-29945275?cmp=ios_share&sc=ios_social_share&pr=false&autopl ay=true

you should try it out. It focuses your mind on task to fall asleep.

I had a nice weekend. Didn't do much except my workouts. Saturday dinner out to Mexican. I am really sensitive to higher carb meals. I had a small helping of nachos and a few bites of a chili rellano that wasn't too good. Dessert was an ice cream cone from DQ. Boy did that zonk me making me super tired and lethargic. Sunday I was back on track with eating.

short week this week with leaving for the OH conference on Thursday. I am staying until Monday morning. On Saturday I will meet up with a friend who I haven't seen in person in about 20 years! Should be fun.

QOTD: I like to get tasks done when I can't sleep or up early. Perhaps I would be better about cleaning my house. Take up a hobby. Not sure what.

Accountability: on track

usual meals

e: inferno hot Pilates with weights and bands.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics