What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/10/23 11:36 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Gooooood Morning, Monday Menuers! Hmm, I have been up since midnight for absolutely no good reason, especially since I was very worn out after teaching yesterday. But I decided not to torture myself by tossing & turning, so I just got up and made myself a double espresso. I've finished reading the internet and now I'm watching Golden Girls reruns. It's definitely the start of a good week!

I had a fun weekend, too! Saturday we drove to CT and kept our streak alive of showing up to minor league games that get canceled for rain. Lol, no biggie--we had fun, anyway :) We decided to take a scenic trip on smaller roads through RI & CT instead of the highway so it was good sightseeing. Lady Godiva, I am pretty sure we must have been close by to you! What town are you in?

QOTD: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with your extra time? Apparently I waste time on the internet and watching old tv shows! But I like to think that if I wasn't tired I would use my time to do more crafts and artsy things that are always on my to-do list but I never seem to find time for.

Accountability: Saturday while we were waiting around at the game from the rain delay, we indulged in some ball park treats. I had a half of a fried Oreo---- YUM! If I had had anymore I'm sure it would have put me in a blood sugar spiral, so I am glad I stopped myself.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/11/23 2:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

I've been up a while now. I've got the roast a going in the crock pot. It's supposed to barely be above 70° here today and in the 70's all week. I'm a 100% here for that. We also have good chances for rain which we really need.

I'm contemplating a lot of changes in my life lately. I think a lot of people think I'm whiney and complain too much. I just feel better to put it in writing and then let most of it go. It's a release from me. I got unfriended on fb by a few "friends" I met through chainmail. I'm not at all bothered. I do have a lot going on in life that's pretty heavy.

Not sure what today'll hold. I'm hoping the drug makers go to work today so we can stay home. I need to work on cleaning a bit and to make some earrings. Hoping for a nap or two. My pain levels are just horrid and I think I'm at the tail end of a uti. Hoping to hear back from my PCP tomorrow or at least some time this week regarding a neurosurgeon in Lubbock.

QOTD: chainmaille or some other craft.

B: two eggs and a small avocado

L: beef roast with potatoes, carrots and onions

D: ????

I wanted to share this photo that popped up in my memories on FB this weekend...and a pendant and earring set I finished. The stone is Norway moonstones.

Mel

Emiepie
on 9/11/23 8:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds like perfect roast weather to me.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 9/11/23 10:54 am - Amarillo, TX

Just heard back from PCP's office. No dice. Texas Tech's clinic is too full. I have contacted my insurance to see if they can help.

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 9/11/23 2:57 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning everyone. We had a nice but weird trip to Connecticut to see the Yard Goats play -- but they didn't. It was supposed to be a doubleheader, making up another rained-out game -- and both got canceled. It was still fun.

QOTD: if I didn't have to sleep, I think I'd do all the things I currently do, but more of them. I can't think of any new things.

Here's a screenshot of the map around the ballpark. Look at the place at the bottom of the image.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Queen JB
on 9/11/23 4:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh man, why didn't we think about trying to get into Heaven to get out of the rain?!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Mkess
on 9/11/23 8:21 am
VSG on 08/09/21

So I know baseball is Heaven but that's a pretty definitive claim for a surrounding establishment. That's a pretty good selling point.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Grim_Traveller
on 9/11/23 11:43 am
RNY on 08/21/12

And, there was no line. I'd never get in to heaven if there's a line. I don't have the patience.

There's definitely a line for hell, so I won't get in there, either.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

lmfontana4
on 9/11/23 12:36 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Love it! "heaven less busy then usual"!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 9/11/23 3:06 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday! It's almost 4 am as I type this and I have played all my brain games, gotten in a killer rowing working and have everything ready to go for the office!

QOTD - well, I think I am living this life, lol. I read a lot and would probably read more, maybe some more workouts too.

I had a good weekend, got everything I needed to done, lots of good time with friends too, plus working out.

I do think my Fitbit is trying to kill me. I switched it to focus on active minutes a few weeks ago and I keep waiting for it to tell me I need a rest day (it did that a couple of Mondays ago, said I needed to sleep more than I needed to workout, lol) but since then it has been crazy upping the daily goals every day, today's was "get above 67 active minutes". Madness. I am at 60 as I type this so being sure to do a lap around the office every time I ge****er or go to the bathroom will get me there:-)

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3 - I went to a coffee shop this weekend and they had a pumpkin brûlée latte made with pumpkin spice and salted caramel syrups, I have the SF of pumpkin spice and salted caramel from last fall and that sounds delicious so I will have my driving coffee with those too.

skyr

caprese baguette (I went to a bakery to pick up a treat for a friend's birthday yesterday and I bought myself this for lunch today....and an apple pie phyllo thing that I had last night)

cheeseburger -- either bunless or on a keto sandwich thin, I'm not sure

Have a magnificent monday everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 396 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?