What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 9/9/23 2:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Not just a whole lot planned for the day. I have a growing urge to purge a lot of my "stuff". I may or may not do some gathering of stuff to give away. It depends on how I feel.

Yesterday was kind of rough for me. I ended the day in feeling like I was in aa pretty deep hole. Hoping today is better!

QOTD: What is your favorite starchy food?

easy for me

B: oatmeal and coffee x 2

L: ????

D: ????

Mel

White Dove
on 9/9/23 2:33 am - Warren, OH

I as doing a purge today. Things that I once thought I needed, are perfectly good, but going to Goodwill today. Have you seen the popular meme - There is something that every woman wants--it starts with P and end with S. Potatoes.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/9/23 3:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm hoping for some nice weather today so I can get out and bike. Otherwise, I'm making skyr and bread. I'm also going to take a trash bag full of financial papers over to a "shredding party" this morning. They belonged to my friend who died back in February. His sister wanted me to shred them, but there were so many it would have taken FOREVER to do it in our home shredder. I'm sure there have been other "shredding parties" in the last six months, but if so, I didn't know about them - or didn't look. I'll take the bag over today. Otherwise - the usual. Reading for classes...

QOTD: sweet potatoes and really good bread

B: protein pancakes topped with plain yogurt and fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake (if needed)

L: taco filling with vegetables, plain yogurt, and salsa

AS: Danish bread, Ratio yogurt

D: borscht, some kind of protein

have a great day, Weekenders!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 9/9/23 8:26 am - Warren, OH

I have never heard of a shredding party. I could use one of those too. I do a once a year shredding session with the home shredder and have had it overheat and jam. I am vowing to stop collecting papers to shred and shred them when I get them. With computers and online storage there is almost no reason to keep most papers anymore.

The environmental group run by the state of Ohio has a once a year event where you bring papers and they shred them. It is so kind of you to help out someone in that situation. Loved ones sometimes think that they need to go through all that paperwork and it is overwhelming.

I have one file folder that will be specifically what the person settling my estate will need and my family knows where it is located. It has my will, living will, power of attorney, birth and marriage certificates, bank and financial information, car title, and funeral directions.

Anything else can be shredded.

Amy Liz
on 9/9/23 7:42 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I love getting rid of stuff, we have too much. We need go through the garage, closets and cupboards and take care of business. The cardboard is collecting and piled high which and drives me insane. Maybe I will start that today. It's supposed to be 82 today, but from the look outside, it's light rain and cold. We are walking the dogs then I need to go to the Vet to pick up kitty meds, a 'quick' Costco trip if that exists and regular grocery store too. Otherwise, house stuff, homework and reading/listening to a couple of good books.

My review of Blaze Keto pizza crust - it was okay hot out of the oven, but not left over. The real problem came a few hours later where I was in so much pain, like up there with childbirth pain - no joke. Save yourselves.

QOTD - Potatoes all day everyday and every which way. Fried and baked are my favorite but I love them all

B - coffee x2 , leftover ribeye and an egg

l - leftover pollo asada in a bowl

d- fridge/freezer diving

s - whatever is in the veggie drawer, jello w/whip

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 9/9/23 8:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

wow - I wonder what they put in that pizza that set your G/I system off like that - some kind of fake fat or something? Ugh. Sorry that happened to you - and thanks for the warning!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 9/9/23 8:32 am - Warren, OH

It is amazing what we accumulate. I am good at finding a nice place to store it and making it look neat and organized, but really should just not save it.

catwoman7
on 9/9/23 8:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 396 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?