What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 9/5/23 7:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I've had solar on two houses. You should make sure you know what your power company supports (can you have panels to 100% of your usage or a lower amount (mine was capped at 90) and how they bill your usage, what rate they buy back at, etc to determine what your break even point is. I also recommend buying not leasing, unless you are 100% sure you won't sell - if you sell, the buyer has to be able to qualify to take over your lease. I did have a month with no solar panels this summer while my roof was being replaced and my bill went from its usual summer cost of around 16 to 138. It only covered two of the four weeks so I have one more bill like that to look "forward" to, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 9/5/23 8:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Great info thanks so much for taking the time to share.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 9/5/23 8:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Jen knows way more about this than I do, but I've heard it depends on how long you're planning to live in your house (that is, if you buy your system - I didn't know you could lease it!). It'll pay off in the long run, but it can take several years before your investment has paid itself off. We haven't considered it since we anticipate we'll probably be selling the house in about 10 years and buying a condo or moving into a continuous care community (hopefully in the "independent living" part!).

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 9/5/23 8:22 am - Warren, OH

There has never been a 90 Labor Day here before. Usually we needed sweaters by Labor Day and the pool was freezing. We are keeping the pool open another month.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 9/5/23 12:53 pm - Warren, OH

There also can be some good tax breaks with solar but it depends on how much taxes you pay the IRS.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Julia S.
on 9/5/23 7:24 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- The orange man, agree with QJB on Brady- I never could stand him, and also the Kardashians

It's hard to pick just 5 Jimmy songs but here goes:

1. Cowboy in the Jungle
  2. A Pirate Looks at Forty
  3. If it all Falls Down
  4. Floridays
  5. If the Phone Doesn't Ring It's Me

Definitely not his top hits, but songs that I love. I could go on...

I didn't get a lot done for work yesterday, and I spent way too much time watching TV.

I've been very short on motivation lately, I hardly leave my house and I've got to change that. I need to get into a habit and stick to it.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

lmfontana4
on 9/5/23 7:38 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Hot and sunny sounds delightful to me. The last 2 days here have been cool (60-70), overcast, and rain. Boo, hiss. I want it to stay warm. It looks like the week ahead is high 70s to low 80s. I guess summer is officially over .

Yesterday was a very nice "me" day. I had a 90-minute massage, followed by a nail appointment, followed by a hair appointment. I decided not to workout at all since the yoga studios were closed. I could have lifted weights but decided on a complete day off. DD and friends have tickets for the Rocky Horror Picture Show this coming week. They are dressing up as characters from the movie. DD is going as Frankfurter, so we have been on the search for a bustier, garters belt, etc. I finally found a bustier that works for her at an "adult entertainment store". I didn't realize it would be so difficult to find. The one I found is really cute and could be worn for other events like concerts as it isn't too risqué. She is trying to figure out what to do about bottoms. Might do a short faux leather skirt. I will have to post a picture once the girls are in their costumes. A picture of Frankenfurter in case you didn't know who I was talking about.

Today is an office day with the usual paperwork, etc. Not much else is planned.

QOTD: Not anyone of the top of my head. I just ignore posts/reports of those who are irritating to me. I don'****ch much news, Tik Tok, Facebook, or other social media, thus I am not inundated with posts about anyone specific.

Accountability: excellent, been on track since Sunday (Saturday was DS bday so had cake, ice cream, Mexican)

B" triple zero greek yogurt with berries, keto granola, cold brew with half n half

L: asian chicken salad with light sesame ginger dressing

D: Berry chicken salad with light poppy seed dressing

S: protein frosty, sf chocolate

E: yoga, maybe lifting

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 9/5/23 8:13 am, edited 9/5/23 1:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I would guess anyone over 50 or so would recognize Frankenfurter. The Rocky Horror Picture Show was HUGE in the mid- to late 70s and hung around (but was not quite as popular) in the 80s. Everyone used to dress up and throw various things at the screen - and then there were the typical responses people would shout out after certain lines in the movie. I used to go occasionally with friends. I'm a little surprised places are still showing it..although it was fun at the time!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 9/5/23 10:09 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I've seen the movie at least a dozen times. Usually at the midnight showing when I was young on the Coronado Strand. I've also seen a couple of stage productions. Always enjoy it. Always quote it. Always better stoned. Dammit Janet, I love you! And I've never thrown toast. but my friends have.

Julia S.
on 9/5/23 9:06 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Rocky Horror has been playing continuously since it came out. Midnight shows at Portland's Clinton Street theater, I've been a couple of times...

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views