Good Sunday morning, what's on your menu?

Amy Liz
on 9/3/23 10:43 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Our invasions are the little back ants which are no biggy but red would definitely be a problem!! Do they get inside? I remember red ant hills everywhere in NC when I was little steering clear.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/3/23 11:11 am

O yea they get inside. And I'm allergic to their bites.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/3/23 1:54 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Oh man, I remember learning about fire ants when I moved from New York to Georgia. That was also when I learned that dirt could be red and not brown. Those suckers are horrible! I also remember them forming into rafts when it flooded. Yuck. I'm glad there are no fire ants here.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/3/23 11:10 am

Hello, good afternoon.

I see you put "boiled eggs" for breakfast...aren't you allergic to them?

Just curious. At one time i was diagnosed with a allergies to different foods. But they got resolved after 5-6 years of total avoidance plus gut healining.

Yes, it's possible to get rid of allergies when those allergies were caused by "a leaky gut syndrome". Once the leaky gut condition is significantly improved, and the person avoids the foods for a significant amount of time, the allergies can go away (But they could be back again - I did a bunch of research on that. )

I got extremely busy, then started listening to a book and my Saturday was completely lost to it.

Qotd: rare to mid rare, but only filet. Any other needs to be well done, ideally in a sauce.

Food wise - I still eat whenever but I really want to get back to my keto-paleo diet.

In a meantime I found a keto friendly "breaded chicken strips" in Costco (RealGoodbrand). They are tasty. Really good. It's one of protein food I actually have to put away once I start getting i get ful. from my hands' reach when I start feeling full. Yesterday I over- ate, so I was paying for that.

I probably would fix some dinner today. I try to have "eat out of fridge or freezer" month. Yes, we have enough of food in the fridge/freezers. Including a huge pork shoulder, pork loin, lasagna, chicken breast (2 big packs), and so on.

I need to get some noodles for Keith (spaghetti or angel hair) to have at home. And I've got rice and cauliflower rice (for me).

The only other foods I would get would be fresh produce and "staple food - snacks for Keith. He works from home and he likes to get some "easy grab, reheat, and eat at a desk" food.

The RealGood brand pre- cooked food is not too bad.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 9/4/23 2:01 pm - Amarillo, TX

I decided to reintroduce them to see what happens. The JUST egg substitute was starting to make me feel sick so...I threw caution to the wind..LOL

So far they are not causing any adverse effects.

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/3/23 1:09 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Good afternoon Mel and weekend menuers,

Sorry about the ants. I hate that crawling feeling when you know creepy crawlies are sharing your space.

QOTD- Not much of a steak person even though I keep experimenting. I started out 25 years ago eating is as shoe leather, so that may be a contributing factor. I now prefer medium, so maybe I'm coming up in the world. To add fuel to the fire for purists, I was also raised to smother steak in A-1 sauce.

Yesterday I spent a good amount of time out on my deck with the orbital sander in the gloaming. I'll try to do the same today since it's 95 or so now. Bit more sap to get up but if I can keep some focus and the rain cooperates, I might have a stained deck by next weekend! I'm avoiding town since it's crazy due to the holiday.

I also got two new nonstick cooking pans. This is where I have to admit I didn't realize that they come with an expiration date, so to speak. I have a set of ceramic coated pans and some stainless steel ones. Oh, snd cast iron. Nothing I own currently functions as nonstick, so we'll see what vistas new pans open up for me. It's like discovering the difference in working with properly sharp and correctly sized kitchen knives, I expect.

Done all the regular house things, plus a bit of cooking. Today includes the delicious baked sticky chicken. It turned out really well despite liberal substitutions and replacements. I do change recipes very regularly but I'd intended to make this one with pineapple since I thought I had a can of it. Oh well. Orangey chicken was just as tasty.

I've got a couple of peaches that I'll turn into something delicious today. Also boiled some eggs for quick food and I'll probably cook up a batch of protein oatmeal. Would also like to make something with pumpkin. I'm already in a fall mood and want to embrace it. Maybe a pumpkin pasta dish. Or soup.

I currently have a lap full of warm dog, so I'm glad that it's been a productive day and I can just enjoy the cuddles for as long as he's willing.

Just got to finish folding sheets and blankets later.

Menu today has been part of a banana, baked sticky chicken with some rice, a slice of gluten free bread with shaved turkey, part of a peach, and some fairlife milk. More to come with eggs, baked fish, protein pudding and dark chocolate. I'm debating putting something together to grill because it's a holiday weekene. I'm loving my little eighth sheet pans that fit well in my toaster oven for things like the fish. I do sometimes wish I hadn't upgraded since this one has less clearance and doesn't cook the same. Oh well.

Cheers, and happy Sunday!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

lmfontana4
on 9/3/23 8:40 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

What is the life span of the non-stick pan? I didn't realize there was a life span unless the coating was coming up.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/4/23 8:48 am
WLS on 07/15/22

According to Google it's anywhere from a couple of years to several, depending on how well you care for them. Pans that live with me have been a bit neglected. They're stacked on each other, washed in the dishwasher, and I use nonstick spray sometimes. The nonstick ones I currently have are Farberware ceramic coated and they still look fine...definitely don't work well. They don't have to look chipped or peel to lose their qualities from what I've read, though.

They're also around 15 years old, like most of my appliances, furniture, and housewares. I'm working slowly on replacements and upgrades but just never thought about it with pans as much.

lmfontana4
on 9/5/23 7:19 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I admit to non-stick spray on my pans. I handwash but I think that also dries them out. I can't get use to the idea of leaving pans oiled in storage. I bought some new pans last year each with a sleeve but somehow my family can't be bothered with putting them back in the sleeve to protect the surface after use. I think I am the only one who does that. A bit irritating.

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

lmfontana4
on 9/3/23 8:31 pm, edited 9/3/23 1:40 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Eek! Ants in the house is no good. My kids, especially DS, freaks out about seeing one spider. Despite using a bug service it seems we still see spiders every now and again.

yesterday we went to the Equilizer 3, it was good not great. Probably recommend to wait until streaming. We had Mexican for dinner. I shared a fajita burrito with DS. I had a very small piece of bday cake and a scoop of ice cream. I swear I immediately had a major energy drain after the cake. I feel like crap when I eat off plan. I should be smarter. Good news is I did get my workouts in yesterday?s and today. I managed to make my salads for the week today. So I can be on track with my eating. Tomorrow the yoga studio is closed for the holiday but I have a massage, nails and hair appointment scheduled. I may try to get a weight workout tomorrow.

QOTD: I use to eat steak medium but since the surgery I routinely share steak with DD she likes it medium rare which I now like long as the meat texture has changed from the raw texture to a more cooked texture. Hamburgers need to have zero pink I got sick once on a half cooked hamburger

have a great Labor Day tomorrow.

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics