Good Sunday morning, what's on your menu?

Melody P.
on 9/3/23 3:09 am - Amarillo, TX

I would never, /\

Good morning everyone! Hope you're all enjoying the weekend. QJB and Grim, hoping the BBQ was great.

This morning has not been a great start to the day. With all the heat and lack of rain here a legion of **** ants made their way inside. All over the table beside our chair, in my coffee even. The ant issues comes up at least once in the summer.I hate these little things. I cleaned it well and sprayed some Zevo bug spray and put out the ant baits. Yuck, I have the creep crawling stuff on top of being itchy to begin with. Pretty sure I prob drank one or more....extra gross.

no plans for the day that I know of other than more spraying.

QOTD: how do you like your steaks?

medium rare here!

B: boiled eggs and coffee

L: pork butt cooked with a chilie Colorado sauce and a salad

D: ????

Mel

White Dove
on 9/3/23 3:34 am - Warren, OH

I have lived through ant invasions almost every year of my life. Here we get them in the Spring when it is suddenly damp and warmer. I started using the Zevo flying insect trap last year and that is amazing for mosquitos and gnats.

That is such a creepy feeling when you think there may be ants crawling around. I put Terro ant bait under all the appliances and anywhere I can hide it. But it takes me a few days to feel like they are really gone.

I am a medium rare steak lover and have always ended up dating or being married to a well done steak eater. I think well done is disgusting and they think medium rare is. To each his own.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/3/23 11:19 am

We are growing grass for cats inside, and last yea4 I discovered the Zevo. Love it.

I just ordered "generic " glu traps for them. I hope they would work as well as the original.

BTW- I had to put the Zevo on a timer, because the light is so bright that I noticed it in rhr bedroom. I try to keep bedroom as dark as possible so even though the light was in the breakfast room, then there is kitchen then Family room, the blue light affected the illumination in the bedroom. The light turns on at 6am and off at 11. Blue light interfere with melatonin production.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 9/3/23 2:55 pm - Warren, OH

The blue light bothers me too. I put it a bathroom and keep the door closed at night, but never thought to put it on a timer. That is a great solution and I am going to do the same.

catwoman7
on 9/3/23 5:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

we usually have one or two ant invasions in the early part of the summer, but we've had more than that this year. I'm guessing it's the weather or maybe something with the shrubs in front of our kitchen window? Not sure. Terra ant bait usually takes care of it. Or else borax mixed in peanut butter (that attracts both sugar ants and grease ants).

it's going to be super hot here today, too - and will continue through Tuesday. Then storms. Wonderful. I'll be in Chicago today and tomorrow - and at a B&B about an hour from here with a friend Tuesday and Wednesday. In both cases, it may be a pain to spend time outside, unfortunately...

QOTD: I almost never eat beef anymore. But I used to like steaks (and my favorite was sirloin) medium.

B: plain skyr with strawberries, Danish rye bread with butter and jam, coffee with half & half

MS: if needed, protein shake (if not needed, then it'll be my AS)

L: salad with Thai-style dressing, some kind of protein (Ratio yogurt, maybe)

AS: see MS

D: I'll be at my cousin's in Chicago, so I have no idea. We'll probably go out somewhere

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 9/3/23 9:45 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I actually slept in until 7:30. Glorious yet unheard of for me. Ants are a pain, but harmless and inevitable. We have random invasions with heavy rains and they are flooded out of their nests. Yesterday was a very low key day - I wasn't feeling well after our walk and some errands so I took a 3 hour nap. I just couldn't get it together to do school work. This concerns me because I'm so behind. I will get some done this morning and I have all day tomorrow. I'm an idiot for putting so much off until the last minute. Threes week of homework is due Tuesday and I have maybe half done. This afternoon we are going to a BBQ at my brothers with all the fam. It will be nice to see my grandniece - she is 5, just lost her first tooth and totally has my heart.

QOTD - I used to like rare, then med rare, now I'm moving towards medium. I really just want as much pink to brown ratio as I can get with out raw red.

B- coffee x2, fried egg on hero toast

l/d- Tritip and salad - who am I kidding, there will be wine.

s - unknown appys at BBQ but the plan is all things veg and protein

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 9/3/23 10:31 am - Warren, OH

Catching up on homework is hard. Worrying about it is probably making you tired. I hope it goes smoothly for you when you are able to concentrate on it. Enjoy your niece and BBQ. Holiday weekends are fun. Instead of a Labor Day picnic and pool closing this year, we are going to keep the pool open and do it the end of September. We have so much hot weather now in September and want to keep swimming. It will be in the 90's all next week with sunshine.

Amy Liz
on 9/3/23 10:40 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Thank you - enjoy the pool for the month of September! As a kid living in MA, I remember how hot it was labor day weekend and when school started right after - 90's ring a bell and no air con in those days! By Halloween, it was cold is all I remember.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 9/3/23 11:13 am - Warren, OH

We always started back right after Labor Day. No AC back then in schools and it would sometimes be really hot in those classrooms in September. Other years it would be cold and we would need sweaters or jackets. Going back to school always meant new outfits and new shoes and I loved it. I love learning and still take college courses, but with no deadlines and no no pressure.

I am not working on any degree, and just take things that I am interested in learning more about.

https://www.coursera.org/degrees

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/3/23 10:40 am

Ants are harmless? Not in SC. The nasty red ants are horrible. They leave nasty bites.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 396 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics