What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Grim_Traveller
on 9/1/23 10:49 am
RNY on 08/21/12

If you can't find someone, I'll do it. I accept all insurances.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 9/1/23 6:50 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Damn right!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 9/1/23 11:10 am - Warren, OH

I have fought with insurance companies many times. Last year I was in hospital for a few hours and they calculated my co-pay as $6,400. I protested. This week they finally sent a letter and said the co-pay is $56.

I have always gotten the medical treatments my family needed and then argued with the insurance companies later. I firmly believe good medical care should be a right for everyone. The US is so far behind the rest of the world in this regard. In other countries you get the care you need without a fight with the insurance company. Just keep at it. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 9/1/23 7:49 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Love the cookies and fun backing cards. What kind of jobs are your looking to apply to? Are you still pondering the full-time cookie business? Sounds like you have a delightful weekend ahead of you. Enjoy.

We will be celebrating DS's birthday tomorrow. He wants to go watch the Equalizer 3, then probably somewhere for dinner. Dd and I, maybe with DH and DS, plan on going to the Hiawatha Trail on Sunday. It is a 17-mile bike ride, all downhill at a 1.6% grade, that goes through 7 retired train tunnels and 7-9 elevated train bridges. The first tunnel is 1.6 miles in length and is pitch black inside. You have to wear head lamps. At the end of the ride, you catch a bus back up to the parking lot. Along the trail are historic markers to read. It may rain so if it does, we will do something else. Monday, we have a 90-minute massage, I have a hair appointment. DD also wants to get our nails done in preparation for school starting on the 7th. The yoga studio has a very limited schedule this weekend so I may be forced to take a couple of days off or do another type of activity.

QOTD: Spring forward, fall back for daylight savings, righty tighty, lefty loosey for which way to screw something in.

Accountability: good

Usual meals

E: weights, yoga

Have a great day and weekend.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 9/1/23 7:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

the last beautiful day (it's supposed to get hot as blazes again tomorrow and stay there for several days), so I'll be getting out on my bike. May do the "Lake Loop" - I think I've only done it twice this year. It's about 22 miles round trip for me. There's an ice cream place at about the halfway point, but I'm going to try to resist. I can always hold out for the coffee place about four miles further along - less damaging.

nothing else on for today and tomorrow, but Sunday I'm going to Chicago and will be back late Monday night (family reunion is on Monday - thus, my third trip down there in as many weeks). Tuesday I'm meeting up at a B&B with a friend of mine from Milwaukee. It's about an hour away for me - further for her. We've had other "girls' weekends" there before (now that we're both retired, though, we're not limited to weekends). I'm sure we'll be going to our favorite BBQ place, so I need to be especially careful the next few days. August was pretty bad food-wise, and I'm trying to reel it in. At least classes start next week. I may end up taking all four of the ones I was approved for just to keep myself busy and out of the house, because most of my eating is from boredom (and being near the fridge).

QOTD: well other than "righty-righty lefty-loose-y", I don't use them for myself. But I've tried doing with the DH because he always seems to be forgetting things and has to be reminded about 1000 times. Like back when we shared a Sonicare toothbrush (although different brush heads, of course). The brushes sat in a little two-brush rack. I always put mine on the left and told him a million times that mine was the one on the left. He'd invariably use it. So then I said to remember that "left" starts with "L", and "L" is for "librarian" (I'm a retired librarian). He said that was a good way to remember. But a day or two later, I went in the bathroom to brush my teeth, and my brush head was soaking wet. I asked him why he used my brush. He said he didn't - he used the one on the left. I lost it. "When the f*k did you become a librarian? 'L' is for librarian, remember?". After the second time it happened, I bought him his own damn Sonicare toothbrush, which is now in the other bathroom. Problem solved.

B: protein pancakes topped with about 1/4 C plain Greek yogurt, cooked diced apples, and fake maple syrup (10 cal/2 T). Coffee with half & half

MS: I going to bike this morning because I often lose my motivation if I wait until the afternoon - so I'll probably put some protein powder in my water bottle and take it along

L: Danish bread with butter and jam, Greek yogurt with berries

AS/D: Thai-style salad, some kind of protein

I may try making Ukranian-style borscht (although they pronounce it "borsch" and spell it that way, too) when I get back from my two trips. I had some at the Ukrainian restaurant I went to the other day. It's a little different from the Russian style I've always had (although I doubt the styles stop at the national borders - and even within Ukraine (and Russia), there are different styles). This was really excellent, though. I bet it's not bad calorie-wise, either - esp since I'll make a veg version..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 9/1/23 1:37 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

We call it beet soup and just use beets and onions salt pepper and a little vinegar. when served we add a dollop of Sour cream. When I was young, and my mom actually made it I would not eat it. Now that I am older and love it, she never makes it. BooHoo.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 9/1/23 8:29 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Bravo, JB! How exciting to be finished with that chapter. Also, the meme. Love!

Yesterday was long and quiet. It's very nice just being with my Dad. And I did a great job with my food choices. They had steak, I had a boneless chicken breast. Rog is not familiar with Dad's grill and he accidentally overcooked my chicken. So it was just too dry and I only could eat an ounce or two. Why does that feel like winning because I ate less calories than I had allotted?

Today a friend is joining us and the afternoon will be spent playing pinochle. And then I am making us all dinner so I need to go into town soon and figure out a meal. It's cooler today with a good chance of thunderstorms. Yay!

QoTD: The Principal is your pal and also A friend to the end. My mom taught me those as a child and they still pop into my head when using those words.

Food today is a big question mark. Eggs for breakfast, but I need to buy both lunch and dinner at the market.

Random pics from this week and a fun meme today. Peace Everybody. Have a safe and fun long weekend.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 9/1/23 8:51 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Yoga frogs made my day . I totally get the food win. Like when you get excited about a decadent meal at a restaurant, but it's just meh so you don't eat much. I'd much prefer to have the good version I was hoping for, but yes - totally winning!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Teenie
on 9/1/23 1:43 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

pinochle have not played since I was a kid. My mom loved to play, and they would write down everything we needed to know and made us play in the winter when we were trapped inside. They called it cabin fever. My hands were too small, and they made card holders out of 2 plastic lids so I could hold all the cards. I didn't even know people still played it. How fun.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 9/1/23 3:41 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

It's one of those card games that were always mentioned in TV and movies, way back in the day. I have absolutely no clue as to how it's played.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics