What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/1/23 2:44 am, edited 9/1/23 4:16 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^I have got to get myself one of those Fulton GA scales!^^

Good Morning! Happy Fri-YAY! Guess what! I got the grade on my thesis yesterday, so I am officially graduated.What a year :) I guess it's time to toss my hat in the ring for some of those jobs? Wheee!

Yesterday's weather was stunning - no humidity, blue skies, and temps in the low 80s. It was the summer weather we never had this season and I was happy that it was our yard-work day! We're just prepping for hosting the birthday party today. Just a little clean up around the house and some food prep. It should be a very nice long weekend. Party tomorrow and the weather is going to hold up, so I hope to spend the majority of it in our beautiful yard.

Photo Friday. Cookies! I am getting myself all set for Fall and I had these cute cookie backer cards made up. I hope these are big sellers :)

QOTD: Do you have any mnemonic deices that you use to remember things, regularly? We just heard on the news that they are trying to get rid of PEMDAS in lieu of color coding. Hmm. The one I use every day is something I created to help my friend remember which artificial sweetener she can use. She is allergic to Sucralose and is cleared to have Aspartame, so I told her to remember Sucar-LOSE (no!) and Aspar-TAME (good!). Every time I grab sweetener to put in my coffee, I say it to myself, haha.

Accountability: Grim and I ended up going out to lunch at that place with giant burgers while we were running errands. Before I took a bite of the burger, I had my obligatory few fries. Then I stupidly took a sip of my drink, and one sip had me stuck. It passed quickly but there was no way I was going to try to eat, so I took the burger home and it should last me all weekend! I had about 1/4 last night which was lunch and dinner.

Today I am having:

• Protein Coffee
  • Egg white frittata
  • 1/4-ish burger
  • Buffalo Chicken Dip & Cucumbers

Have a great long weekend!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/1/23 3:06 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

Yes! Happy done day! No special cap/hood to hang on the wall, at least? Fall is my favorite season and I'd totally buy your cookies. I even got two little fall gnomies and a white pumpkin cutout, and I'm not a decorator.

Strategy presentation went well yesterday and there was good feedback. Today is 5 or so meetings and catching up on the work part. Glad it's Friday and that Monday will be quiet!

No good pictures to share lately, though I would put my own question out for feedback. Menuers, has your swimming ability been impacted by your weight loss? I've been thinking about it lately and boy, I floated really well, especially if I held my breath. Now I have this thought that if I jump into a body of water it's straight to the bottom like a rock. I wonder how much I might have been leveraging fluff as built in floaties.

QOTD- when I was a kid I couldn't spell Wednesday until I figured out NES in my mind was Nintendo Entertainment System. Never had a problem with it after that. I learned ROY G BIV and MVEMSNUP, though now forget where J is in there since it's silent. The helpful ones like good and bad reminders, not so much.

Food today is a copycat taco bell chicken quesadilla since I love the sauce, baked sticky chicken, boiled eggs, something with a peach, protein pudding, and peanut butter.

Happy Friday! Make it a good one.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 9/1/23 7:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was a swimmer for years and a lifeguard for part of that. Fat floats. Muscle is dense, so it sinks. So yes - muscular people have to really work at it, because their bodies are prone to sinking. Swimming is the only exercise I know of that's easier to do if you're fat! I definitely notice a difference. It's harder for me to swim now (which is why I usually just do water aerobics - much easier. Plus I color my hair now, so I don't want it getting wet with chlorinated water (an occasional splash from water aerobics is fine. Swimming would strip the color out in no time..)). It takes a lot more effort to swim laps now - part of it might be age, but a big part of it is I have a lot less fat on my body now.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 9/1/23 8:19 am - Warren, OH

I had the same experience. I was a much better swimmer and floater when I was fatter. Now I have hair color and hearing aids so can't ge****er above my shoulders. I do water aerobics, also walk in the water, and use a noodle to float now.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/1/23 10:12 am
WLS on 07/15/22

You're not wrong- that's what I was thinking about. It was much easier to stay afloat and paddle with padding...and I was thinking about what's going to happen when I hit a body of water in December. Might be worth it to test the waters, so to speak, before I just flop in. No hair dye to worry about but confirming abilities is probably important! Thanks for sharing. :)

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

lmfontana4
on 9/1/23 7:51 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Absolutely on the swimming. Fat floats. Think of where fat settles after it cools down. On the top!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

GracielaSusana
on 9/1/23 3:18 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

I was a great floater, now I sink, must have a noodle or I wear out fast. My BMI is 19.0 ... but a bigger handicap is the loose skin on arms and thighs creating weird counter currents when trying to swim. If you are going snorkeling, even in sal****er, you are going to need an external personal floatation device. The only thing I have missed post weight loss is my swimming ability.

Grace. RNY 06/21 HW 275. SW 265 GW 130 CW 120

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/2/23 10:10 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Thank you for sharing! I've always thought of myself as a good swimmer but this is more what I'm worried about. My BMI is about the same as yours right now and my flaps are pretty prominent...didn't even think about drag coefficients! Snorkeling is on the menu of possibilities!

Melody P.
on 9/1/23 3:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Hahahahahaha that meme is one of the best ones!

Good mornin everyone!

I found out yesterday that none of the neurosurgeons in town is taking Medicaid patients. I called my PCP's office to get a referral to one and was told that. So when he is back from vacation on the 12th I'm hoping he'll agree to refer me to another one down in Lubbock. I seriously can't live like I am now. Right now my right leg feels like someone is beating it with a hammer and the left one has electrical feeling stabs...all while my back is just a **** show. I feel unsteady and had to put up a walker again beside my bed so I don't fall. I had contacted my pain clinic and the only thing they suggested was lidocaine patches and to look at a different clinic. None of which are taking patients...LOL. They are just about the crappiest place. I did have another smaller bawling session. Mostly due to stress. I'm a cryer mostly when I am mad.

Lots to do today. Grocery and other stuff needs to be gotten. I'm out of cold brew coffee...the horror! I have to print a shipping label and mail two other packages. My mom will likely want to go to the thrift store, I am exhausted already so it's going to be a long day. So far the new sleep aid is not doing a lot of good.

QOTD: Ot that I can think of right now.

food is going to be easy stuff. I did make a pot of pinto beans that I will eat some and freeze the rest.

my pics are one of the glorious and glamorous Opal. The other is the photo I won best of show for at our tri-state fair and rodeo expo.

Mel

Melody P.
on 9/1/23 3:12 am - Amarillo, TX

Congratulations QJB, my mind missed that part until I read it again. You have so much to be proud of yourself for! Cookies are amazing too!

Mel

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views