What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/31/23 2:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Hello! HOOOOOOW is it Thursday already????? Apparently I am terrible with an unstructured life. I did get a lot done yesterday but I also felt like I was flitting around aimlessly since I was lacking deadlines. I'm not used to that and it felt like an extra long day. The weather never cleared up so I didn't get outside, but today is going to be gorgeous so today will be my day to make the patio look cute. I am also going to finalize our menu for the weekend and get groceries.

QOTD: What's the last compliment someone has given you? I woke up to a long text message from my mom that was actually a heartfelt poem. It was veryyyy sweet and went on for many stanzas to say she is proud of me and loves having me as a daughter. Aw.

Accountability: Better but not perfect. I ended the day at 763 calories and gasp I had a second Babybel cheese.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/31/23 2:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin everyone.

Yesterday was not a good day. My new provider is ok. My mom screamed a lot. My favorite was that she wanted to just die. Then went on to tell me that if she has a heart attack she can't count on anybody. I wish I could blame it all on the mini stroke but she has always been talented with insults.

I also heard back from the other clinics and they do not take Medicaid. I'm screwed basically. Today'll be a recovery day. I'm really groggy this morning so I'm going to go back to bed.

QOTD: someone told me I was generous with information on chainmaille

Oatmeal for breakfast and the rest is unplanned.

Mel

Queen JB
on 8/31/23 3:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Sorry Melody. Sounds like mom screaming about being alone during a heart attack is the surest way for that to happen. I hope she can recognize that pushing you away when she is asking for love and support is not accomplishing her goals.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/31/23 4:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! I had a good cry a bit ago and feel a lot better regarding my mom. I know that our neighbors meth making is coloring a lot of this behavior. It really causes my mom to be agitated. While she is good with insults she has to be really upset to let it unfurl like this. Our cops here are useless. They told my mom it's might be time for us to relocate. Well that'd be dandy if we could. We have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Ot to mention money is a factor. We can't afford to live elsewhere for the price we do here.

thanks again and sorry for going off on a tangent lol

Mel

White Dove
on 8/31/23 11:29 am - Warren, OH

Mel I think you and your mom need to really look into different housing. Even if it means rehoming some of the animals. There is some really nice low income housing available. Start looking and making plans. I never wanted to move because of pets. I found out that if you get them declared as emotional support animals, the law cannot stop you from having them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 9/1/23 2:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Oh I wish she would. She is the most stubborn person I have ever known. She is more set in not moving now than she was before!

Mel

Emiepie
on 8/31/23 5:44 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry your mom acted that way. I hope today is better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 8/31/23 7:38 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

A couple weeks ago a house blew up in a nice neighborhood taking down the 2 houses next to it. They looked like toothpicks. They tried to say they were changing a ho****er tank but there was no evidence from the gas company of any kind of surge. And think about it. Idiots change ho****er tanks every day if it was that easy to blow up a house it would happen all the time. I hear the police believe it is a Meth Lab. I am sure whatever you are breathing in has contributed to health problems for both of you. If it were me, I would be strongly encourage my Mother to move. I hope things get better.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 8/31/23 8:13 am
RNY on 08/21/12

That house made the news out hear, with video of the explosion. There was nothing left of that house.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 8/31/23 11:19 am - Warren, OH
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 396 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?