What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 8/27/23 2:51 am - Amarillo, TX

That's me to a t.

Good mornin everyone! It's the start of a new week. Let's hope it's a good one.

We are having a small BBQ with my brother and his family today. All I need to do in way of prep is vacuum. I'll need to cook some things but not for a while. Already made brownies for them.

I'm hoping to get a nap in. I am going to ask about getting something else for sleep when I see my new provider Wednesday. This is just ridiculous. I've been up since 10:30. While I know it's partly due to pain I also think my insomnia if rearing it's ugly head. I can't take melatonin with my meds. There is a few other issues I need to talk to him about so I need to write it all down.

I'm really hoping my eyes are doing ok. I think the Ozempic was a particularly bad choice for me as it can make diabetic retinopathy worse. I hadn't even known about that. I had a serious lapse in judgment with that one. Also, not really impressed with the doctor and NP that encouraged its use. I'm fairly certain it is what made me so sick in June.

QOTD: I can't really think of anything good to ask so I'll take the easy way out for me head. What's on your plans for the coming week?

Appointments for me and hopefully finish organizing my room somewhat.

B: oatmeal and coffee...lots of it

L: salad with some BBQ pork steak on it, pepitas and who knows what else will be thrown in it

D: I'll probably have a slider burger patty leftover from lunch

S: ????

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/27/23 12:22 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Good afternoon menuers,

Hope you got your nap in, Mel. Sleep medications are pretty scary with their potential side effects...but better than the insomnia, maybe.

I just spent an hour on the phone with my bestie. I love leveraging that time to do things I'm not keen on while being distracted by good conversation. This time it was prepping the spaghetti and acorn squashes to go in the oven. Need to sharpen my knives!

Today isn't the most productive but I'm getting a lot done inside. It's only 90 but too sticky to be a yard day. Storms have been bad enough that I've had to clear massive branches off my road a dozen times in the past three weeks to get the car through. Worst was half a tree that came down a few feet from the tree that took out our power a few weeks back. I'm assuming the lack of rain the past two summers has had an effect on their flexibility and root systems.

Anyway. Squash is in. Floors are clean. Dusting is done. Dogs are brushed. Bit more cooking today and I'll call it.

QOTD- Follow ups with my two GI doctors. One might talk about the MRI and the findings, which only showed bone wall edema. The other might try to talk me into a $200 breath test that isn't covered by insurance. Both will get my list of questions. Other than that, all day offsite strategy session coming up that we're prepping for. I also need to find time to stop by my WLS office for vitamins. And maybe those extra blood tests in the next few weeks.

Today's menu has been tuna salad, Salisbury steak, boiled eggs, grits, and oatmeal. I'm looking at something with shredded roast beef tonight, but maybe not. Found a recipe for sticky baked chicken to try, or maybe make that chicken and corn egg drop soup again.

Have a great afternoon, weekenders!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/23 4:30 am

If you decide toget tested for SIBO, make sure they test for all 3 types. Often they test for 2 only. Plus have in mind that for a lot of people who had WLS, it may come false negative.

If you are dealing with RH after eating (reactive hypoglycemia), that test may also cause that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/28/23 6:59 am
WLS on 07/15/22

All the reading I've been doing and today I learned there are three kinds of SIBO. Thanks for sharing. Prett sure I know which one it isn't. Tomorrow's appointment is with the second opinion doctor and I'll ask him first about testing. I like him better so far. Given that I was on a double course of antibiotics a few weeks ago and I'm following largely a low FODMAP and ketoish diet, it feels like this is super quick to have symptoms come back already.

Haven't had too much history with RH, very fortunately. If I eat too many carbs over time I'll crash, like my system devotes 95% of resources to digesting and I get super tired. So hopefully that wouldn't factor in.

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/23 9:53 am

Besides low FODMAP diet, I have to avoid high fiber foods. i.e. raw carrots. And take Miralax. Every day. Once a week or once every 2 weeks (depending on my activities) I add an additional dose of miralax. If I don't get clean with the extra dose of Miralax, I know I'm getting backed up, and need tyo take care of that (even more miralax, or food type that helps my body get clean)

Plus, to make sure I don't get severe cramps, I have to make sure I get rather lose BM. Anything else - it gets stuck. I also have to be careful how much dairy I eat. Too much cheese - dairy - and my body overproduces mucus, internal mucus. That's is always bad side effect for me.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/23 12:51 pm

BTW: I can't attach a latrger file to the PM/DM in obesity help. I can send yu a presentation that talkes about that specific SIBO issue. It really help me understanding the conditrtion much better.

Any type of rwegular email woud do - gmain or hotmail.

I can then provide you with my personal scheduel of what I take and how much when for 2 weeeks. (I increase the doses of the supplements over 2 weeks).

Then after the antibiotics/Candida treatment I send 2 weeks on rebuilding the gut flora. That is importnat becouse without teh good bacteria- fungi is difficult to properly digest food.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/28/23 6:07 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

It looks like I can't send you a private message. Ping me?

lmfontana4
on 8/27/23 3:30 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Insomnia sucks. Hope they can help you with some meds or other ideas.

movie today with DD, got my Inferno Pilates done plus as Yin (stretching) yoga workout. Meals per usual. Accountability was good yesterday. Never did mesh schedules with my sister and family. Next time.

QOTD: work, workouts, Ethiopian cooking class with DD. Celebrate DS bday next Saturday.

have a great Sunday.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 396 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics