What's on your Thursday Menu?

Julia S.
on 8/24/23 10:16 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I read the first book and thought it was not good. I didn't get the hype and I believe that JK Rowling is not a good writer and I won't read anything more by her.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Dcgirl
on 8/24/23 6:29 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Those cookies are absolutely incredible! And I am 100% sure your Capstone is too. Way to go, you're almost an MBA graduate!!!

Love your QOTD! I know I am hopping on the bandwagon, but I was incredibly moved by Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver. I followed it up by a really insightful podcast she did on NY Times Ezra Klein's show where she talks about how urban liberals have it all wrong when it comes to Appalachia. Both the book and the podcast were incredibly thought-provoking.

Today I am book ending my day with interviews, with one smack dab in the middle of the day too. Fun, fun!

B: leftover thai ground turkey, it wasn't really that good but I guess I should eat it

L: dungeness crab!!!

D: more crab! I swear I can just eat a bowl of crab. Yummo!

Have a fabulous day, all!

Sheila_H
on 8/24/23 7:42 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

LOL, that meme is me but with chocolate when I say chocolate is fruit.

QJB - those cookies look great and great job on your capstone.

It's PSL day at starbucks!!! They have few new drinks and a couple of cold ones. I think I'll indulge today and order a pumpkin cream cold brew. The start of starbucks fall line has always been a joyful reminder for me. When I was working in corporate our company had a starbucks on-site. So the first day my work bff and I would be the first in line to get our psl. To this day, we are in different states now, we do a virtual coffee run and text each other with our coffee pic.

QOTD: I haven't read house of Eve but reading the yellow wife by the same author. I'll add that to my list. The book that recently made me go hmmm, was Our missing hearts. Even in a future society racism can be the downfall and small minded people can do a lot of damage.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Kebabs & Fage yogurt
  • Berries and protein smoothie
  • TJ chicken fajitas
  • E: 6 miles wog + 1/2 hr weights

Happy jr Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 8/24/23 7:54 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I loved and hated Our Missing Hearts....

Partlypollyanna
on 8/24/23 10:44 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You're proved that chocolate is a fruit at your cocoa plantation visit. #facts!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 8/24/23 7:52 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

A good day for me yesterday. Two walks and 50 minutes of yoga. Neighbors hosted in the front yard and no adult beverages were consumed by me. Winning. I kept my food on track, though I did overshoot my calorie goal by about 100 cals due to Roger's desire for a ribeye steak. I ate a measured amount, but let's face it, ribeye is a luxury in so many ways. I'm hoping all my walking and yoga offset the indulgence.

Today I am taking an intentional day off from exercise. For the first time in days I put on real clothes, not workout gear. I'm tired and my body is achy. Still hurting in my chest muscles from Monday's HIIT class. Guess that means it's working. My trainer even noticed my arms Monday and said "look at those guns!" I'm like, more like tiny derringers...

I have to take brown dog to the vet. Black dog and he got into an argument over a bone on Monday and brown dog got a puncture wound bite. I think we are ok as I've been taking care of it every day, but we'll have the vet double check he doesn't need any antibiotic*****ture wounds are the worst. Poor guy.

QoTD: I don't know that I'm inspired, but Painkiller on Netflix about Purdue has spurned some interesting conversation. It's a docu-drama, but you can have an entire, in depth conversation on the metaphors alone.

Bites today are I hope...

B: 40 cal slice of toast, one egg, some amazing Piave parmesan cheese grilled up together

L: chicken, feta, roasted veggies

D: Depends on if we have company. One of our best buddies is coming to town and we'll spend most of the weekend around him, but he may have a work commitment tonight. If he is here, roasted cheesesteak gourmet sausages with lots of grilled peppers and onions. I'll have bread and cheese for the guys to build sandwiches. If not, trying the Filipino Chicken Adobo from Costco with a bit of coconut rice. And sliced tomatoes. Had a delivery from our farmer girl and yum!

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 8/24/23 8:32 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

more like tiny derringers...

There are so many different documentaries and quasi-films about the Purdue family. I have seen most of them and still surprises me how they got away with it.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 8/24/23 2:37 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You may want to add Demon Copperhead to your book list - the opioid epidemic and how it wreaked havoc on Appalachia is a central theme!

Lisa91941
on 8/25/23 7:52 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I finished Demon Copperhead a couple weeks ago! So good, though it took me a while to get comfortable with the jargon/accent of the characters. Also, I read Dopesick which is less a fictional drama (though very well done and represented in Demon) and more an outline in non fiction with real lives of how the hell they targeted certain communities and their devious methods. It was fascinating.

Mkess
on 8/24/23 7:57 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Thursday,

Dearest Cookie Wizard, you continue to impress and outdo yourself. I just imagined the joy when your family opens the box. Your cookies must make people so happy.

It's a long day in the coal mines and it isn't even 10am. The rest of the day is hectic and long. I should get home about 9:30p if doctors are on time for a 6:30 appt (I'm not holding my breath.) I do get to see my mom tonight since my doctor is 20 minutes away from her place.

QOTD- Nothing is coming to mind. I saw a '10 Things You Didn't Know' netflix episode last night. The Rat Pack was the subject. It has inspired me to go back to Vegas asap. Basically, anything Vegas related makes me yearn for Sinning in Sin City.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: square of home run inn sausage pizza. I was craving pizza last night but didn't want to be tempted to overeat. I cut the pizza into small squares. I have never done this before but it worked well to feel satisfied. I'll give away the rest of the pizza tomorrow to eliminate late night temptation.

D: Smoked chicken and baked beans, salad.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics