What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/24/23 2:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^I hope Teenie is enjoying her juice fast this week!^^

Good Morning! Today marks one year since I left my job! I couldn't be happier with my decision. I've learned a lot, and I am really happy that I found a productive way to get away from that very dysfunctional work environment. AND--- I finished the first draft of my Capstone yesterday!!!!!!!! Grim is a former college professor and he's kind enough to read the whole thing today and will offer his editing suggestions. Hopefully he doesn't think it's too much of a mess but even if I have a lot of commas to fix, I think it's a solid paper and I have a HUGH sigh of relief that this degree is 99.9% done.

This morning I'm tagging along with Grim while he runs an errand, then we'll go out to breakfast and hit the post office so that I can mail off my niece's Harry Potter cookies. Here they are! The grey and gold ones can be broken open to reveal sprinkles from the 4 houses, so instead of a gender revel, it's a Hogwarts House reveal :)

QOTD: What book, movie, or show has really moved or inspired you lately? If you haven't read The House of Eve by Sadeqa Johnson, I can't recommend it more. It's one of those books that just stays with you. I won't reveal much about it, but it follows two young women with very different lives, and their stories don't intersect until very late in the book, in a very unexpected way. I read it as an audiobook and it was really beautifully performed, too.

Accountability: Good. I forgot that I have the Costco street tacos so I had those for dinner instead of what I planned. I never know how to log those correctly because I just have the insides, and never the tortilla, so carbs are lower than MFP says, and I don't know what it does to calories.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 8/24/23 2:47 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Thursday! Good job on the paper, QJB.

Thursdays are my most meeting intensive days, which is saying a lot, considering all the meetings, lol. Today is the same but my masseuse called me the other day to see if I wanted to take a cancellation she had for tonight and I jumped at that! So I have that to look forward to.

I am enjoying this HIIT Rowing series that I started with ifit so I'll do that as soon as I finish posting, maybe a bit of pilates too since I have lots of time this morning before the days fun starts.

The Golda movie yesterday was very good, not exactly what I was expecting but a very good movie.

QOTD - I am reading The Plot To Save South Africa (among 5 others) and it's fascinating, not sure about motivating or inspiring but definitely drives home the impact individuals can make.

I don't feel I have a real plan for meals today, oops. Will be some variation of yogurt, turkey, cheese and coffee though.

Have a terrific Thursday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 8/24/23 5:27 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I was watching a news cast show the other day about how to get all the things done... They were talking about getting up earlier, setting priorities, showing examples of extremely busy women with families rocking life and I felt myself get a bit envious of your insomnia and accomplishments!

#jengoals

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 8/24/23 5:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

lol, I think I would struggle much more if I had problems falling asleep! Once I realized (decades ago) that staying asleep was more of an issue for me and adjusted my mindset, I'm a lot less frustrated by it (most of the time). And I get a crap ton of reading done, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/24/23 2:51 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

That's just cookie magic, JB! What fun to have sprinkles for the houses. And congrats on your draft. It must be such a relief, even with you being ahead on the work.

QOTD- Only new (to me) thing I've seen lately is America's Test Kitchen, and it has inspired me to try a few recipes. Much as I love their science, sometimes you just can't account for taste. I like what I like!

Office day today, plus getting my braces adjusted. The gaps from the extractions in March are swiftly closing and it feels like progress.

Menu is turkey on an English muffin, the last pork cube steak, two boiled eggs, pork rinds, seaweed, grapes, a kiwi, a few Milton's crackers.

Cheers!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 8/24/23 3:05 am - Amarillo, TX

ATK can be really great but some recipes are just not appealing to me at all. I liked their at home season and I love cooks country too. We are big public television fans. I forget which of the two shows had a pie that I made for my mom. It was some type of lemon pie and my mom loved it.

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/26/23 1:57 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

It can be a good idea generator! I've made and tweaked a half dozen recipes from the shows, including the Julia at Home one. Glad the pie worked out.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 8/24/23 3:02 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! QJB, that has got to feel so good being so near done with the capstone. Major kudos to you!

I've been up since 10:40ish so today'll be interesting to say the least. Hopefully sometime today I'll get a nap in. I just got a veggie lasagna going in the crockpot that has eggplant and zucchini instead of noodles. I am looking forward to it. I forgot to set out some meat for it but it'll still be delicious.

We need to run to a certain grocery store to get some sales items. I did get my hair cut off yesterday and I really like it. I'll post a pic from yesterday and a better one tomorrow of the full cut. This one stars Opal..who am I kidding. lol

QOTD: the worst hard times-the untold story of those who survived the Great Depression dust bowl . It's a great insight to what a lot of people went through. It's sobering yes but gives a glimpse into the past people like my grandparents had lived with and through.

B: 2 eggs(they are not bothering me even a little bit), mushrooms, bell pepper, onion and cheese. Yogurt and coffee

L: lasagna and a small salad

D: probably the same s lunch if it's really good

S: popcorn and ????

Mel

White Dove
on 8/24/23 5:42 am - Warren, OH

Love your hairstyle today, Mel.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 8/24/23 11:35 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

Mel