on 8/23/23 9:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You would be welcome!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 8/23/23 4:23 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

I'm getting most of my hair chopped off today and I'm excited about it. I've been needing it for a long while. My hair has been rather thin with my health issues in the past year so it needs a fresh restart. I also think longer hair make my face look even fatter and I like the ease of shorter hair. I may post a pic on Friday or tomorrow.

It's been a rough night with lots of tears. I've had a few 30 minute naps here and there and they produced wild dreams/nightmares. Including one that I was altered genetically to be part human part chimpanzee. Yeah...I don't get it at all LOL. My pain is out of control bad. My carpal tunnel is not doing so good on my right hand, even with my braces. It's just one more thing to cause pain. I don't want the surgery for it any time soon.

I'm going to make a veggie lasagna in the crock pot this afternoon. It's going to be layered with eggplant and zucchini instead of noodles. It doesn't call for a lot of cheese except for cottage cheese and ricotta cheese. I'm going to add some Parmesan cheese because it needs it. I'm going to start a whole food type diet. Try to avoid artificial sweeteners and go to whole milk products and cheese(I don't get deuces fat cheese anyway...lol). Protein centric of course. The heat has made it hard to want to cook so i'm trying crockpot and air fryer recipes. Oh and I think the insta pot will be used too.

QOTD: I would do one about willful ignorance. It's my biggest pet peeve. I go off the deep end on this subject. Living in Texas is maddening with this. People here follow so blindly on so many subjects, from food to politics...like most of you know. A second choice would be reasons not to live in Texas. Much of the same as the willful ignorance thing but focused on ol Texas. Gah it's just maddening.

Food is oatmeal, yogurt, coffee. The last of my soup. And lasagna for dinner.

have a good one!

Mel

Emiepie
on 8/23/23 6:00 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay for salon time. Enjoy.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 8/23/23 4:27 am - Warren, OH

Going under 500 calories a day is not something I think you should even consider. When 500 stops working find another plan that will work for you.

My nephew came to the door a few weeks ago and I did not recognize him. He has gone from 230 at Christmas down to under 150. He is on his own version of the paleo diet. He told me he only eats anything he wants for two days a week and the other days basically survives on black coffee. He works the night shift for a major company as a safety engineer.

During the day he manages his rental properties and runs a business installing countertops. They have two school age kids and take a lot of vacations and have the kids in lots of sporting activities. he is a runner and gets in a run every day. It helps to be 40. It sounds crazy but he does look amazingly healthy.

Your idea for a podcast is great. I do not know how to do it, but will be glad to help with anything I can.

Queen JB
on 8/23/23 5:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yikes I hope the night shift safety engineer at my next company isn't surviving on black coffee 5 out of 7 days a week and working a second job during the day. That sounds incredibly dangerous.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 8/23/23 6:21 am - Warren, OH

I worked with guys like him in factories. They get to the point where their job is routine and automatic, and they take on more challenges outside of work. in other words, they are crazy. I hope he does not go the complete opposite and have a big regain, but I am staying out of it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sheila_H
on 8/23/23 8:31 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I had heard about two days fasting and 5 days eating; they call it 5:2 intermittent fasting, but not the other way around.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 8/23/23 5:12 am, edited 8/22/23 10:26 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

This next week or so is doctors appointments for me. Somehow most of my appointments for the year have got compressed into this pre-labor day period.

Today is the Baratrician. I have seen the PAC for the last couple of years, so it?s been maybe 3 years since I?ve seen her. I suspect that they put her on regular staff during COVID.

Tomorrow is Dermatology and the sleep doctor. Over time , the Dermatologist has become one I dread. I like her, but she is getting to be one of the only doctors who actually treats me for anything. After that is the sleep doctor who I feel is clinging to me.

With the two early appointments tomorrow, I will likely skip Happy Hour tonight.

QOTD: I?m thinking of doing something professionally post-retirement that would be good for a podcast. Or I will join the RNY chat. I propose that we name it Tiny Teenie.

Breakfast: egg sandwich

Lunch: Roast Beef

Dinner: Chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 8/23/23 6:24 am - Warren, OH

When I was growing up there was a popular comic strip called Teenie Weenies. Try telling that to a group of 12-year old boys.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 8/23/23 6:52 am, edited 8/22/23 11:55 pm
RNY on 02/14/18
  1. I Why would QJB name her podcast after someone else? And if it?s supposed to be inclusive for all the challenges and experiences, Tiny might not be the message. RNY Realities or the Queen's Journey (with friends) sound better!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?