What's on your Monday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 8/21/23 7:53 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Another Monday is upon us and I feel great.

I can never live off grid, I love online shopping too much and I have a very special relationship with all the delivery people. Even when I see them in other neighborhoods I chase them down to see if they have a package for me. I'm sure they have warned each other about the crazy woman who chases them around.

DS and DH arrived home from their week long surf trip in Nicaragua. DS was supposed to fly directly to San Diego but due to Hurricane his flight got cancelled and came home instead. Neediness to say I was happy to have him home one more night. Turns out the rain and wind wasn't as bad as they predicted and he is heading down today. Classes got cancelled today too. They had a great trip in Nicaragua and last night shared a lot of pics. I guess at some point one surf pic blended into the other (how many pics can you look at somebody on a wave?) that I fell asleep. It's funny because they could say which wave and which day while for me it was either DS or DH in a wave. It's mind boggling for me that they can specifically say that wave was on Thursday in the morning.

QOTD: Free people, I kept going to their website until I found out they have an app. Also our vet clinic emailed that now they gave an app. So we can schedule directly Luna's vet appts and I can see what shots she needs to take. Very convenient.

My meals yesterday:

• Scrambled eggs w/shredded cheese
  • Unexpected cheddar spread w/soy crackers
  • Icecream, Fage yogurt w/raspberries
  • Spicy Korean chicken
  • E: 1/2 hr weights

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 8/21/23 8:15 am - Warren, OH

I would fall asleep looking at those pictures. In the old days TV was only live I would go to work and ask someone how a show ended because I had fallen asleep while watching it. It was so great when they invented a way to record the show and I could watch it when I woke up again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 8/21/23 8:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay for extra kiddo time.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 8/21/23 8:47 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! We are soggy and soaked through, but very, very little storm issues in my community. We had a super nice weekend with too much socializing and that means too much wine for me. But food...I nailed it. My biggest storm warning complaint is that it gave me an excuse not to leave the couch yesterday. Zero exercising. Took the kids and grands to see Beetlejuice play Saturday and nice dinner out with them. A nice mix of doing things and doing nothing. Ready for a new week and even though I prayed for it to happen, my HIIT class was not cancelled so I can happily say that's done and in the books for the week. And then I must get real groceries today. I can see the bottom of my freezer and most of my fridge.

QoTD: Clear for travel. Need to go to the airport for the last step, that will happen in October and iTraslate so I can look up something in Greek or Turkish if needed.

Menu is up in the air until I see what's calling my name at the grocery store.

B: egg and 1/4 piece cheddar chile corn bread I made last night

L and D TBD

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Greateight
on 8/21/23 9:08 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Clear is well worth it. We haven't done Global Entry yet but we are going to do so.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 8/21/23 9:16 am
RNY on 10/29/19

We have Global Entry. Rog had some security clearances from past work and he got his in about 8 weeks. I did not and it took me 13 months!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/21/23 12:23 pm

Hello everyone. Monday. ugh. But only 4 days until Friday.

Work is interesting, life is OK. I started my antibiotics and supplements regime and next 2 weeks would be ...interesting. Then 2 weeks after that would be so-so as I would be rebuilding healthier bacterial balance in my gut/

QOTD: I haven't add any new app on my phone in the last 2 years, And if I want to think about last one - it was an app for Keto-mojo device to measure BS and ketons.

My eating is still a mess but I hope with more days of treatment - my craving for sugar and sweets would diminish.

My gut is not happy but that's normal.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lmfontana4
on 8/21/23 5:04 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

QJB-what is your capstone project theme? Good job on getting some solid work on it this weekend. Yummy, on the movie popcorn. I rarely have it anymore because I save those calories for later in the day for kettlecorn and chocolate drizzled popcorn added to the mix. I did have some when I went to the Barbie movie. It is national movie day on Sunday 8/27. I received an email from Regal Theaters with $4 movies for any movie/any screen (including IMAX). I need to look at options for the movie, but it is DS's bday so it would be his choice of a movie. We shall see what he wants to do.

Yesterday I was tired again, but not as bad as Saturday. I slept ****ty again with multiple wake-ups then extended periods trying to get back to sleep. Not sure what the issue is. Tonight once DD gets done with work at 8;15pm we will drive over to Seattle, it is about 4.5 hour drive so will be a late arrival. Tomorrow will be zoo and some other tourist activities. Wednesday I have my resiliency class while the girls take a horse trail ride and other fun activities. We will head home around 4 pm on Wednesday. A short sweet girls trip for us.

QOTD: A cribbage game my MIL suggested. Not really a fan of the app so only played it a couple of times. I will most likely delete it.

Accountability: Pretty decent, a few extra pieces of sf chocolate

My usual meals

E inferno pilates (done)

Tomorrow meals TBD, no exercise other than walking

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics