What's on your Sunday menu?

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/20/23 1:21 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning memuers!

Happy Sunday to you. I got the dogs washed and detailed yesterday. It was great for me because I didn't have issues with being able to pick them up multiple times. It was not so great for the dog wash place since they ended up with an entire room coated in corgi fur thanks to their dryer hose. Productive morning, anyway.

Today I'll attempt to wash and detail the car, stop by the bank, do some cooking. Outside stuff isn't happening thanks to the heat and sticky factor.

QOTD- What style is your living space decorated in? Given my color scheme and house, mine is pretty much farmhouse or cottage style. I'm not a decorator but my color palate includes sage greens, brown, teal and gray. I don't have shelves of cow knickknacks or anything but my furniture is solid.

Accountability- I found a place in town yesterday that has special egg rolls and had two. I had been bouncing around being anywhere from 2-7 pounds up as I work on maintenance but was back down yesterday again. A day at a time trying to figure this out, plus a egg rolls.

Menu today includes pork cube steak, imitation crab salad, tuna salad, burger patty, pineapple, part of a banana, and the breads I made.

Have a great day!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 8/20/23 1:55 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Thanks for getting us started CH.

We ended up scoring on alllll kinds of meat yesterday at the grocery store. Lots of beef stir fry cut that'll serve us well for stews this winter. A couple of roasts(one pork one beef) and a flank steak. They were on clearance and looked really great. All together with what else we bought it was 40 bucks or so. I'd say at least 10 to 15 pounds of meat!

As for what's on the the docket today, I have to organize my room. My mom freaked out yesterday over clutter so pretty much all I had elsewhere in the house was thrown in my room. That's pretty much made my room look like a disaster zone. She yelled at me yesterday while we were trying to catch a mouse(it looks to be a bad winter if they are already moving inside). I was an ice queen after that. She said some sarcastic thing and I snapped back that I was tired of being yelled at for everything. Of course she said she was tired of yelling :::eye roll::: I get that she is stressed out and that she is different since the stroke 3 years ago but she has ALWAYS been a yeller and I hate yelling due to it. She apologized later in the day. I have to let **** go more easily because being mad only makes me miserable. So I have to figure out what to do with all my cricut stuff for the time being. Some chainmaille stuff too. I had my cricut movable drawers in the dining room out of the way so I've got no clue what I'm going to do with it. Apparently also I can't have shoes anywhere but my room.

I've been up since 10:40. I'm so sick of not sleeping. I did get the pork roast going. We also got some fire roasted New Mexico green chilies, I chopped a few up and put it in with the roast. The rest will make a hamburger stew later this week. It's crazy hot here but I like soup/stew any time.

All of y'all in SoCal please stay safe with Hilary on the way.

QOTD: our current set up is just blank. Unless you count dog toy and bed accents. Our couch needs replacing but there is no point with the dogs right now. We keep the toys put up and Mona will drag everything out. It's kind of pointless to decorate with our zoo. Oh and my mom has tons of crap on display.

B: overnight oats and coffee

L: pork butt and a salad

D: ???

Mel

White Dove
on 8/20/23 6:32 am - Warren, OH

Mel, I don't do crafts anymore. The secret to not having them drive me and others crazy is to have a definite place for each item to live. I am always looking at craft cabinets online. I have had a P-Touch label maker for more than 30 years and love making labels.

The stylists that do my hair all have trays like this one:
10- Rainbow Color Plastic Drawer Chrome Plating Metal Craft Storage Rainbow Cart - Walmart.com

Once you come up with a great organizing scheme and concentrate on using it, everything is so much more enjoyable.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 8/21/23 3:48 am - Amarillo, TX

I have a label maker and even that rolling drawer system! I seem to not be able to make myself organized. For some reason I thrive artistically on chaos. I try and try and it never works out.

I did get all my cricut stuff put into one general area. I just have half of my room left to do!

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/20/23 7:11 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Sounds like a good haul at the store, Mel. You have the patience of a saint, but I'm sure the added stress from your daily interactions with you mom doesn't help with everything you already deal with. Good luck on organizing.

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 8/21/23 3:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

my mom changed with her mini strokes and I ,now a lot of it she can't control like before. It doesn't make it easier for me but it does help me let it go quicker.

the pork butt was ah-mazing! The green chilies go so well with pork.

Mel

catwoman7
on 8/20/23 4:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well my friend in the Chicago suburbs had to go in to work yesterday so she couldn't meet up, so I'm driving down there today (will only be with cousins, though). It's probably better anyway because the cousin I'll be staying with is one of those people who can't stop talking, and it's next to impossible to get a word in edgewise. She also doesn't pick up on body language - she keeps talking even though I'm making it pretty clear - by burying my head in a book or magazine or looking up things on my laptop - that I have no interest in the topic of this (one-way) conversation. I may have to feign a headache so I can get away (i.e., into the guest room). Anyway, going down today instead of yesterday means fewer hours at her condo, because of the way things are scheduled, Every time I stay with her I vow to stay at a hotel the next time, but here I am again, staying at her place. She's very nice, but...ugh.

in other news, I'm considering getting a Mac Air because I'm so tired of buying laptops every two years. They're supposed to last 3-5 years, but it's rare for any of mine to last that long. My newest one, an HP Envy which I bought because it was very highly rated and is a mid-range rather than a budget model that I'd normally buy, now has the screen popping out of its frame, and the hinges on the lid are breaking. I have had it. Macs supposedly last longer, so I'm seriously thinking about switching. Currently I'm trying to decide if I want a 13" or a 15". I love a bigger screen for watching movies or having two things going at once (e.g. a class lecture in one window and a solitaire game going in another), but then, portability is great, too. Currently when I travel I take my husband's PC (an 11.5") or my tablet, but it'd be nice to take my own laptop. So...??? (p.s. doing multiple things at once can be done on a 13", but the screen looks crowded - and sometimes the windows are overlapping - that extra 2" does make a difference...).

QOTD: it kind of depends on the room, but I like bright colors and kind of minimalist-looking furniture, like mid-century modern and Danish styles (which are pretty much the same). I get my colors from pictures, rugs, pillows, etc, though...i.e., accessories.

B: either protein pancakes topped with skyr and fruit, or Danish bread (with butter and jam) and Ratio yogurt. Coffee with half and half

MS: protein shake (will take on the road with me)

rest of the day is up in the air since I'll be away from home - but I'll take a couple of protein bars with me just in case

have a great day, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 8/20/23 6:49 am - Warren, OH

I retired from HP so have a lot of loyalty to that company. I had an HP Envy that was about five years old and the screen completely popped out last month. I did buy another Envy. I watch movies on a laptop. I bought this one, but will take Kindle Fire when I travel.

HP ENVY 17.3" Full HD Touch-Screen Laptop Intel Core i7 16GB Memory 1TB SSD Natural Silver 17-cw0023dx - Best Buy

People who go to a MAC end up loving them. Had I thought more about it I would probably have gone to a MAC product. I do want touch screen and biggest available

White Dove
on 8/20/23 6:10 am, edited 8/19/23 11:12 pm - Warren, OH

Cautiosly_Hopeful: I am so impressed with your energy level and everything you get accomplished. I used to be the same way and now I end up paying someone to do things like grooming pets or detailing a car. Maintenance was a piece of cake (although I did not actually eat any cake) for the first 30 months. I hit a low of 128 at 18 months out and just stayed there. It got much harder as time went on.

Finding my maintenance level took a long time, but I had surgery in 2007 and I weighed 129 yesterday. But there were times after surgery when I was as high as 165.

The best advice is I would offer anyone is to get on the scale at least once a day and to pay attention to what it says. There are ups and downs but you will learn your body's range as time goes on.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/20/23 7:19 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Heh. I aspire to be more like Jen when I grow up, someday.

I never got the surge of energy back after losing the weight, and then I lost a bunch more. Stamina and energy are a challenge for sure! I talk less about the naps I take after exertion but they absolutely happen. Including today after 2 hours of cleaning the car. And it only took so long because I hadn't had the energy to do it since being in the hospital a few months ago. It really needed the vacuum!

I do read all of your feedback on how WW works for you in maintenance. I'm glad you have a process, and that it doesn't stop you from eating what you want. Appreciate you continuing to share.

I'm at my low now and still gradually losing. Since I'm assuming at least a couple of pounds can be attributed to my nifty flaps, rolls, and wings...I really do need to stop losing. 127 at 5'8" or even the half inch shorter is on the bottom end of good and I know I'm malabsorbing on top of the surgery. I don't trust that it will stop on its own since I do have the GI problems exacerbating it. So yep, day at a time figuring out maintenance. I do weigh every day for accountability. I've been up 7 pounds at one point in the past couple weeks but think some of that is...backup.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.