What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Melody P.
on 8/16/23 2:09 am - Amarillo, TX

I do love a Greek salad but my experience with Greek food is very limited. Hope it was all delicious!

Mel

Dcgirl
on 8/15/23 7:44 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awww the kitties! My kitty loses her mind, yowling in the car (once I wrestle her into the bag, that is). She had a wellness check last week and they shone a light in her eyes, put a thingy deep into her ear canals, gave her a Rabies shot, and stuck a thermometer up her butt...all before the dreaded nail clipping! And they wonder why she's "spicy" LOL. Yes, that is in her notes. It took 3 of us to wrap her in a towel and keep her from clawing the vets face off while she clipped ha ha. She gained an ounce but I will take that over a bigger gain!

Grim, you look absolutely fabulous, by the way!

QOTD: I was not because my freshman year roommate rushed one and she told me about one event where they were hazing the girls by opening up the alphabet sugar cereal (I forget the name) onto the floor and making them spell out words. It felt pretty demeaning. But, I had many friends who were in sororities and had phenomenal experiences and made friends for life. So that was just a one-off, hopefully!

I am living a very "when it rains, it pours" moment in my life, but not in a bad way. New opportunities coming out of the woodwork. On a not so positive note, I had a super fun weekend with friends from a former job and we had a dinner party Friday and a big birthday party Saturday and apparently it was a COVID superspreader event :( Five people so far from our dinner party of 13 are down for the count, with excrutiatingly sore throats. Thank god everyone is vaccinated and we aren't in the "people going on a vent" period. Phew. I feel great. I think I may have COVID resistant DNA. Perhaps the NIH should study me!

B: Not gonna lie, I had a leftover piece of pizza

L: We are going to the grocery store and I will pick up boar's head ever roast yummmmmm

D: Leftover shrimp and asking here - can I eat deviled eggs I made on Thursday?

Did anyone see the video of the moron tourist in Italy who walked across the Trevi Fountain to fill up her water bottle from the 18th century fountain? I swear we should jail these idiots.

Sheila_H
on 8/15/23 8:07 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Oh no, I've been hearing more and more people coming down with Covid. Glad you have a resistant DNA!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 8/15/23 10:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm glad you're not sick. It seems with all the schools going back in session all sorts of germs are out there.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 8/15/23 10:35 am, edited 8/15/23 3:36 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good to hear you didn't catch Covid at the gathering. For deviled eggs, I would eat them. IIRC, the accepted best by date is 3 or 4 days old. I would eat them today but throw them away tomorrow but I like living on the edge.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Sheila_H
on 8/15/23 7:46 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Those kitties are just too cute gif words.

If you are still in the mood to hear more from Belize here are some funny ones : We were told not to stay in Belize City, I would say like any country and their main capital city. So after we arrived we picked up the rental car and left for the south. We were told to pay attention to speed bumps, weird warning but ok. According to GPS we were on a Highway and all of a sudden we were airborne! Yup, we had missed a speed bump in the middle of a hwy. We had a few head hitting the roof of the car until we learned the signs for approaching speed bumps. Eventually we learned that although it's called a hwy, it's only one lane on each side, it goes through villages (even if it's 2 houses) and the speed bumps force you to slow down entering and exiting a village. After the second day we became experts at speed bumps.

This shows my ignorance, but I had assumed all Central America speaks Spanish. Nope, Belize was a British colony and their official language is Engli**** is the only country in the whole Latin America whose language is English. So you can imagine me strutting my important self to a vendor telling my family to stay behind, because I'm the only one speaking Spanish. The vendor gives me a strange look and answers me in very slow but loud English. I wanted to dig a hole right there and disappear. Towards south first language is English and then creole. While inland towards the border with Guatemala or Mexico first language is English and then Spanish. Here are some pics from our stay in Placencia, the water temp was around 75°! I have some news about sharks that I will share tomorrow.

QOTD: nope, we didn't have them back home.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Chicken skewers, sourdough bread
  • Fage yogurt w/raspberries
  • Mortadella and pecorino cheese
  • E: HIIT + weights

Happy Taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

lmfontana4
on 8/15/23 7:54 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Love the stories and history lessons. Yikes, on the speed bumps. Absolutely gorgeous pictures. I need to go to Belize, so pretty.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 8/15/23 7:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Love reading the stories and seeing the pictures.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 8/15/23 8:05 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

keep the photo's coming. Awesome.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 8/15/23 9:36 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Great pictures!

When Americans encounter someone who doesn't speak English, we compensate by saying English even louder. Do they do the same in Italy?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics