What's on your Thursday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 8/10/23 3:16 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I looked up your tours and you will need to go to Sultanhamet square on your own, it looks like. This is where the blue mosque, the hagia sophia, the hippodrome, the millionth (where they started all distances from way back into the day, the yerebetan sarnicki (which just means underground cistern but I really like saying yerebetan sarnicki). If you have to prioritize between the two, go to Sultanhamet instead of the hammam for sure (but the hammam is so cool).

Your tours are amazing and you will see so much. I didn't make it to Ephesus so jealous! Just more reasons for me to go back to Turkey eventually.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 8/10/23 4:23 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

I'm taking so many notes. Thank you so much!

catwoman7
on 8/10/23 6:31 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

btw - Hagia Sophia was built during the Byzantine empire - so around the year 500. Hundreds of years older than any of the big cathedrals in Europe. It's been a church, a mosque, a museum, and now (as of a couple of years ago) a mosque again. I was absolutely blown away by it.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 8/10/23 9:38 am - Warren, OH

I have been playing Rocky Mountain High since I came back from Colorado.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 8/10/23 3:54 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

You can never go wrong with a little john Denver!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 8/11/23 12:41 am - Amarillo, TX

I hope the trip is amazing! I'm sure it will be :o)

I have Anatolian in my dna so I hope to visit Turkey some day! Can't wait to see pics!

Mel

lmfontana4
on 8/10/23 7:05 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Yum, fish tacos. Glad you had a nice dinner out to celebrate you.

More office today with a couple of meeting to start the day. Not much else to report.

QOTD: We had various kitties, mutt dogs, then finally a Doberman Pincher named Jammer. We also had "unique" names such as Poochie (for a dog), Mittens, Tiger...

Accountability: continue to be on track with eating and workouts

Same ole meals

E: 60 min yoga

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Mkess
on 8/10/23 7:08 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Friday,

This week is moving in the right direction but it isn't going fast enough for my liking.

QJB- glad you had a nice birthday celebration dinner.

I found a good solution to wanting to consume food I obtain through restaurants' free promotions like free chicken sandwiches from Chick-fil-A, periodic rewards, etc. I am going to make sure I give away ALL the food items to those who may need them or want them. In the past month, there have been two times that, after I get home with an item or two left, I have a couple bites of an item. I have been uncomfortable with my thought process when it comes to this. Both times, I rationed that, 'There's still one chicken sandwich left. I gave away almost all the food and may have helped someone. I want it. I deserve it. I won't eat the bread.' I regret my decision after I eat a couple bites and feel like **** because I made the wrong decision. Of the two times I ate an item when I got home, one time, I made the next right decision and threw the food away. The other time, I ate the rest of the item cause I was disappointed with myself and said duck it. In for a penny, in for a pound.

I still have plenty of food issues to work on and will continueto address them as they pop up. I do recognize that I'm making progress and have come 142.316279°(still need complete the 180° from where I started).

QOTD- Three dogs, a hamster, gerbil, countless fish, a turtle. My favorite was a black lab/****er mix named Black Beauty.

B: Dannon Light and Fit yogurt, tangerine.

L: rotisserie chicken, green beans.

D: chicken salad.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/10/23 6:51 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

The food issues are real and can he everlastinf. You're doing great to keep working on it every time and not just throwing in the towel...it's just an ongoing battle. Thank you for helping those less fortunate.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Teenie
on 8/10/23 7:26 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Tuesday really JB? I am seeing the light and you want to pu**** back to Tuesday. Not today please. I wish I was there to help you eat those Taco's. Maybe that is why you think it is Tuesday you have Taco brain.

Tonight I have to cut DB and DH's hair and then I am making an Eclair-cake-with-chocolate-ganache to take to a party tomorrow night. I may even have a bite at the party. I remember making it before and it was great I just haven't had the need for it, so today is the day. No run again today. I do not understand how it rains every day between 5 and 6 AM. Hopefully I can get in a run tomorrow morning.

QOTD: I had parakeets and turtles. We were not allowed to have fur animals my mom said she was allergic, but she lied she just didn't want them.

Accountability: I snacked on dill popcorn and had some peanut butter.

TSS: 5 years 7-month 30-days 157.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate chocolate Caramel

MS: L&F tiramisu Greek Yogurt, berries

CB: Coffee with SF chocolate caramel

L: crack chicken Italian cucumber salad. snack selects.

D: stuffed zucchini

Exercise: Dog walking. 1/2 hour dog petting

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics