Gastric bypass reversal

catwoman7
on 8/29/23 6:34 am
RNY on 06/03/15

both of mine run high as well, but evidently not high enough to cause any issues. They're met with a shrug, basically. As far as B12 goes, a lot of WLS'ers say they feel best when it's 1000+. Mine is always above that - and when it once got to 2000, my clinic just told me to cut back a bit on the supplement.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Deb366
on 8/21/23 1:17 pm
15 years out and i have it too. Had it for a few years now. I have to watch carbs and the amount I eat at one time. So I try to balance proteins/fats and carbs. Fiber can help some too. Someone just posted an article about this a couple of weeks ago that was very good. Surgery is a drastic option for the problem, if you can control it. I also got one of those bracelets with medical conditions on it.
Since many medical professionals will give you carbs for low blood sugar.....like they tell you to keep candy by your bed. DONT. sometimes nuts or nut butters can help if you feel low bs coming on. I will see if I can find that article.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6598692/?fbclid=IwAR2lmiA_XLMvSGCyKnuDiu4vUSgjb10nI3zzrNTCDLCboYlSkRXUG0TjUb0

Best of luck to you, and all of us who have this issue!

jenlmaz
on 8/28/23 11:29 am

Thank you for the link. I agree that it's a drastic option but imo so is getting gastric bypass. I was 285 when I got it. My weight was harming me. The surgery has been successful.I got to goal and I have never gotten back up over 200 pounds in 20 yrs. But now it's not weight that's harming me it's the gastric bypass surgery. Besides this hypoglycemia I also have a lot of nutritional deficiencies. I have read a ring may be placed around stoma and that can help with the hypoglycemia. I have appt with gastroenterologist then endocrinologist... as well as bariatric surgeon in a couple weeks. So I'm going to ask about that too

Deb366
on 8/28/23 4:44 pm
Let us know what you decide and how it works out!

Currently 125  pounds
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views