What's on your Tuesday Menu?

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/8/23 9:25 am

I'm doing OK. I still don't want to be at work, but cats need food and snacks.

Dewey was snoring so loudly that it woke me up 3 times. In the 3 times he was twisted with his head at odd angle (why cats do that?) and that obstructed his breathing. I had to strengthen him up, with one time get him from Keith grasps... This cat is so cut, if i woke up a person from a deep sleep - they would not be happy, and there is Dewey purring his happy song... Lately his spot is by the top of the bed, between our pillows. Often his head is on my neck or the chest...

QOTD: Keith... my guy... as long as we both have out tablets and internet.

Yesterday we had horrible thunderstorms. I was caught up in Aldi - they lost power... but apparently, they had some backup power because one of the cashier station was still working so they could check us out (there were a few people). A few people were freaking out, but overall, it was OK. I helped a lady to her car; she was terrified of the storm. Drive home was interesting. Heavy rain, wind, and yet there were people cutting others off. As if asking for trouble. I witnessed one accident. ugh...

Talking about accidents - someone smashed into my car in a parking lot. I'm not really sure where. It's front passenger light, plus a bumper. But that's app 4K in damages. Ugh. Car is drivable and I need a second quote for the repairs. And then file it with my insurance.

Once I got home, I had a sandwich, plus a few slices of watermelon. My gut hated it. I got severe cramps. I got some meds, a bunch of electrolytes, and eventually a glass of wine. Then a cat to cuddle with. His purring is healing for any gut spasms.

Today is a new day, that I started with a rosacea flare ... most likely due to the gut cramps and the alcohol. Besides that - life is OK.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/8/23 10:26 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Nice of you to help people out at Aldi during the storm.

I was sad to see watermelon on the list of no-no's for the low FODMAP diet. It's mostly water...should be good for you! Right? Sigh.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/8/23 10:56 am

It sucks.my body tolerats some watermelon, but no cherries, pears, plums, nectarines, or peaches.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 8/8/23 1:19 pm - Warren, OH

I love peaches and nectarines and every year try one but am always sorry.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/8/23 2:58 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

All the stone fruits are on the list, I think. Trying to learn more of an appreciation for citrus than I have naturally, now. I'll miss nectarines. The first good ones of the season were out this week, too.

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/10/23 6:31 am

BTW- I just realized tha****ermelon is the so far the only high FODMAP foods that gives me runs. My SIBO/Candida cause IBS-C. IBS with constipation. Also, fiber constipates me. I.e. raw carrots are huge culprit of that.

Bu****ermelon cause things to just flash through me. Interesting.

Having the IBS-C for years now, I really like getting "runs". I have to take a lot of miralax (or anything like that) to get clean. Now - I can do that with watermelon.

P.s. for years watermelon would give me horrible RH. It's after all, "swee****er". This year though, I tried a little, and I was able to handle it. So I had a lot. Lol. I bought the watermelon for someone else who decided she didn't want it after all. So I slowly ate the whole big thing... over a week time. And I was able to reduce miralax dose.

Plus SC is the state where watermelon is a staple... most people don't eat it. Od just eat the middle part, the candy like parts.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/10/23 7:47 am
WLS on 07/15/22

That sounds like quite the learning journey to find out tha****ermelon is your best natural laxative! Thank you for continuing to share your story. It's helpful to hear even though I have no idea how this will land for me, yet.

lmfontana4
on 8/8/23 1:06 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

My MIL's cat is very dog-like in that it wants attention all the time, sit on your lap and be petted. MIL says it likes to sleep on her chest a night.

That sucks about your car. DD hit a deer last week. It cracked a small area on the bumper. I haven't taken it for an estimate yet but I am sure it will be spendy. It was $800 just to replace the casing of the driver's side mirror.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 8/8/23 5:46 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry things aren't going smoothly for you.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 8/8/23 1:20 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

QJB and Grim- sounds like you have a wonderful time at the conference.

Yesterday I didn't go to lift weights. I will do it again on Wednesday. I have some flexibility since it is a 3 times/week routine. I did some laundry, picked up dog poop, meal prep. Today I am back in the office. It feels like I haven't been in the office much recently (between helping mom after she got home, then a trip back to my hometown when she shad her stroke and died, a week worth of vacation, then back to Montana for the memorial service). I am trying to get caught up on paperwork and tasks. Luckily, only one meeting today. Not much else to report.

Teenie-you are lucky to have zucchini coming out of your ears. I haven't had one yet (boo). However, this year I did plant some lemon cucumbers that I am starting to harvest. I have never had the lemon cucumbers before, and they are tasty. They don't taste like lemons but look like lemons, thus the name. I looked at my peppers and they have been eaten by some predator. I need to find some organic bug repellants.

QOTD: My first thought was DD since we a great travel companions and we do a lot of things together. However, DS is much more conversant but not easy to travel with... I would pick both of them not just one (can I do that?).

Accountability: Back on track with eating. Yay!

B: triple zero Greek yogurt with berries, keto granola, cold brew with half n half

L: Asian chicken salad with light sesame ginger dressing

D: Berry Summer salad with chicken, light poppy seed dressing

S: protein frosty, 6 pc no-sugar added chocolate.

E: 60 minutes hot yoga

Have a great Tuesday.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics