on 8/8/23 8:12 am
RNY on 11/21/16

HBD QJB Have a wonderful dinner out!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 8/8/23 6:10 am - Warren, OH

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QJB!!!

Good choice to put off the school work and enjoy your conference. Work, whether it is housework, schoolwork, or career work will always be there to do, but the conference will be over.

I really hope I don't have to spend the rest of my life with anyone. I have learned to love being single and not having to worry about other people or answer to other people. I did have 40 years of marriage and if my husband was still alive, I would have lived every day until the end with him. When you find that right person, there is no doubt who you want to be with. That is why you want to be with Grim.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 8/8/23 6:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All! And happy birthday, QJB - my kinda b-day twin!

I never got back on here yesterday after I posted, so thanks for all the birthday wishes!! It was a good day - plus dinner was great and my Swedish midsummer cake turned out wonderfully! I'll be making that one again...

I started a new loaf of the Danish rye bread today (it'll take up to 24 hours since I may need to proof it in the fridge overnight since it may be too late to bake it tonight if I proof it at room temperature). DH has been eating it like crazy, and I gave about 1/4 of the existing loaf to my mother, who also loves it and wants more. Maybe I should start a business.. Besides that, it looks like it's going to be another nice day today, so I'll go biking - probably one of the 25-mile-ish routes. I need the exercise, esp after overdoing food yesterday (and lunch out tomorrow and Friday - always a minefield).

QOTD: well, as far as someone to live with on a daily basis, maybe my friend Joy, because we can talk about anything - whereas DH is more introverted and we seem to talk about the same things all the time. But as far as doing things with someone (other than going out for coffee or meals - which is always fun with Joy, too), it would be DH. We both love cities, architecture, and traveling abroad. Joy is more into things like hiking and being out in nature - like national parks. That's fine, but not really my "thing". I'll take London or Paris or NYC.

B: I may just punt it - still full from last night. Maybe a piece of the Danish bread and some skyr later on. Coffee with half & half.

L: the black bean dal I never got around to eating yesterday

MS: protein muffin?

D: leftover poke bowl

have a great day, everyone!

oh - here are pictures of my first attempt at the bread (rugbrod - or Danish rye bread). Unfortunately (for pictures, anyway) there's some baked-on flour on the left-hand side - but of course that didn't affect the taste...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 8/8/23 7:23 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You just take a basting brush to remove that flour. It looks beautiful.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/8/23 10:21 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Happy belated! I didn't get back yesterday, either. That's a beautiful loaf of bread!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Mkess
on 8/8/23 6:33 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuna fish Tuesday,

It's a great day to be alive. Everything isn't a bowl of cherries right now but I'm grateful to have woken up another day. It's amazing to have another day on Earth and I'll be taking advantage of the time today.

QJB & Grim - glad you had a great time on your trip. I'm also happy to hear that you took advantage of the present and left your remaining schoolwork for after the trip.

My brother's fam is on their way back home to Cali. The family time was really trying. I didn't engage with my brother and Mom's relationship or strong personalities. I have things I need to address with my brother from his actions this trip though, at a later time. That being said, I really valued all my time with my nephew, Ezra. He's a mini version of my younger brother and I love it. If I was 3 years old, I would want to punch him in the face. It's hilarious. And I didn't corrupt him... Yet.

QOTD- My grandfather, 'Pa'. He is the best person that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I feel like it would be an injustice if I just typed 100 pages about why, how he lived, who he helped, and what influence he's had on the person I am.

Accountability- 1 small slice or 1/8 of a home run inn pizza. 262.5 cals. I can't believe I used to eat the whole 2100 cal pizza in one sitting.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Grilled chicken on salad

D: ?? Something from Eris cider house / brewery while playing bingo. Maybe tomato garlic mussels.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Teenie
on 8/8/23 7:35 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I didn't get back to read yesterday, but I just wanted to put my 2 cents in about the Wriggly Field debacle. Maybe reach out to a local TV station and see if they will do a story to raise awareness. Have them track the route you took to be accommodated with no access to the stadium. I am sure there is a reporter out there that would take on your story. My brother got an investigative reporter to take on a story about his dog. The dog died because he at Rat poisoning at point park. They said it was dog friendly, but rat poisoning was everywhere, and the investigative reporter was more than happy to take on the story to warn others of the hazards. I think just bringing it to the forefront may get a little attention.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 8/8/23 8:58 am, edited 8/8/23 1:59 am - Warren, OH

I second what Teenie said. The news stations are looking for stories like this and the public needs to be aware of what is going on at that stadium. It is not acceptable in 2023. Contact your TV stations.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/8/23 10:23 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Ah, family.

That said, agree it might be good to bring some visibility into the lack of accessibility at the ballpark.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Teenie
on 8/8/23 7:05 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

That is terrific the conference was a huge success. Did you have a booth to sell you wares? That sounds cool.

Another day another dollar, right? I got the yuck doctor today at lunch. I cringe thinking about it. Only good thing about living past 80 is you no longer have to do a yearly. I plan to make a sauce tonight with all the tomatoes on my counter to use on the zucchini boats I am going to make. Lots of food prep tonight. I'm making a cucumber salad also with garbanzo beans. I need to find a recipe but I kind of got an idea what I want to chuck in the bowl. Oh, I also got to get my Mega Million ticket just in case the powers that have bigger and better plans for me.

QOTD: I pick my friend Maryann. She has a good soul and can talk me off a ledge in minutes.

Accountability: No exercise but did well with food yesterday.

TSS: 5 years 7-month 28-days 159.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate chocolate Caramel

MS: L&F tiramisu Greek Yogur****ermelon, berries

CB: Coffee with SF chocolate caramel

L: cheeseburger, green beans. snack selects.

D: crack chicken with dill pickles and cheese

Exercise: Dog walking. 3.1-mile run (done)

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics