Happy Monday!! Let's kick off the week with a plan!

White Dove
on 8/7/23 6:58 am - Warren, OH

On my list for this summer was redoing my office. Back in April, it seemed like I had so much time to do that but I suddenly realized it was August 1 and I had not started. Last week was tearing things apart, painting, finding a rug, ordering new furniture, and finding people to haul away the old furniture and put the new stuff together. Currently my bedroom is full of things I have taken out and need to keep, donate, or put in trash.

My exercise is mostly moving things around, lifting, cleaning, and going to Lowes for supplies. Right now it feels overwhelming but I will be happy once it is done. It is raining today, so I will spend all day working on that project.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Dcgirl
on 8/7/23 7:07 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks for kicking it off, Jen, while QJB is moving and shaking at ShakerCon!

I am reading Demon Copperhead and it's all I can do to not just ignore all life things and read, read, read. It is sooooo good. I am hooked. Alas, lots of work to get done today, and a few calls.

QOTD: Hmmm great question. I would like to hike Great Falls on the Maryland side, so I will make that a goal. I have done a lot of what I have wanted to do, so that feels good. I visited my parents, took the kiddos to Philly, spent time at the pool, rearranged my spice cabinet, cut the cord on cable (hallelujah! Saving so much money! We are doing YouTube TV, pea**** netflix, amazon prime).

Good for you, listening to your body! You are so active and fit and I know your dedication to being active is truly amazing, but the body knows best

My menu today:

B: Leftover andouille chicken sausage that DH grilled and smoked (yum) and a pint of raspberries. So fresh and delicious.

L: Boars Head Ever Roast chicken, mayo, munster cheese on a piece of bread from the farmers market

D: TBD. We have some leftover salmon and chicken, but I have to run out around dinner time and I am tempted to pick something up. Likely a Chipotle bowl if I get something.

E: I am so far off the wagon I may as well be on the moon. I have to get back to it.

Have a fab day!

Partlypollyanna
on 8/7/23 9:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

When I cut the cable cord, I thought I would have trouble keeping up with all the things...but there is still more available content than I can get through.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mkess
on 8/7/23 7:26 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning and Happy Monday,

New phone, who dis?

PartlytPollyanna - The Summer Camp pop up sounds fun. I like your style of hiding the knife for great fun. I currently have classic horror movie stickers on my person to hand out to friends and during random interactions where they could appreciated.

Thank God, I'm feeling better than last week. My brother's family leaves tomorrow. I'm hoping to get more time with them today. However, I'm not optimistic since they have way too much crammed into their last day, as it is. A lot of the weekend's planned activities were cancelled due to weather.

I was unable to attend to the Cubs' game on Saturday. I exhausted all options to attend. I even made a last ditch effort after my original efforts to get to the stadium failed. I drove away from the stadium and tried to get on a bus to return to Wrigley as close to an entrance gate as possible. It doesn't happen often but I have to recognize that I did everything in my control to show up for a planned event and have to accept that my disability ultimately prevented me from attending.

QOTD- Nothing jumps out at me. Maybe a big BBQ blowout or a picnic at the lakefront. I'd like to see Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats as well as Paramore when they come to town. I'm pretty tired of working out concert logistics though.

Accountability- homemade tortilla at Maxwell St Market.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: grilled chicken on salad

D: chick fil a grilled chicken patty (Cubs home win= free sandwich) & some veggie

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Melody P.
on 8/7/23 7:56 am, edited 8/7/23 12:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Matt(my auto correct is messed up:file some complaints about that place. That?s just so wrong! I am so sorry they failed you.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 8/7/23 8:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It was so fun! I'm sure there must be something like that there too. Our newest trend seems to be these large open spaces turned into fancy food courts and a lot of them are doing pop up events.

It really sucks about Wrigley, even if they have some dispensation for a historic building there are ways to accommodate that they clearly have no interest in. Very disappointing.

Jen

lmfontana4
on 8/7/23 2:34 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I fell bad that the Cubs game didn't work out. What a bummer for you. I like that you are doing better this week though.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 8/7/23 2:43 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I really have no words other than, sorry.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 8/7/23 8:40 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Mondays are for HIIT class and today was a tabala class and I am very tired. I'm thinking a shower and back to bed sounds nice, but I've got several things I would like to accomplish today and it's my first day alllllllll by myself in like 14 days and I am very happy about that. I had a great weekend. Saw friends, watched the Padres kick the Dodgers butts in person, got my closet project done. I also kept my goals last week of exercise for more than 30 minutes every day, calorie count and cap off at 1100 calories, did not weigh for a whole week (which is very stressful for me!) and only allowed myself to have a beverage with calories on Friday and Saturday evening. It was a lot of reminding myself and I made a little mantra up in my head I just kept chanting over and over. Didn't lose any weight, but was proud of my successes.

QoTD: No, I think I am good over here!

Eats today

B: 1/2 bagel thin, avo, tomato fried egg

L: left over tri tip, tomato, 1 tbsp Unexpected cheddar spread

S: 1 oz jerky, 1/2 pop chips

D: chicken thigh roasted and topped with homemade baba ghanoush, on top of a little edamame pasta which will be on top of fresh zucchini and summer squash slices that have been sautéed. First attempt at the baba ghanoush. Have no idea if this will work or if Roger will even eat it.

Peace everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 8/7/23 8:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Great job on meeting all your goals for the week while also taking care of everyone else and being Uber!

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?