Made it to the losers bench

jsdwellsnme
on 8/5/23 3:10 pm - CA

Hello there my name is darla band I just had a sleeve gastorectomy yesterday I'm still in the hospital but I'm supposed to go home tonight if my hemoglobin improves. I'm in a little pain today yesterday I felt great I think pushed myself too much and I'm paying the price today. Anyway all went well and I'm glad to be in the other side now

White Dove
on 8/5/23 3:49 pm - Warren, OH

I felt great the first day and was "waiting for the other shoe to drop". But I felt stronger and better every day. Good luck with everything on your new journey.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 8/6/23 2:45 am - Amarillo, TX

On my first surgery, the VSG, I threw up/dry heaved for about 4 hours straight. Then it just stopped and I felt great. It's amazing how people react so differently to the same things!

Congratulations! Hop on over to the menu thread. There is a lot of folks on maintenance, those trying to lose some regain and just a lot of great info and folks. Even though your on liquid right now I highly suggest it. You don't have to post of course but we would welcome you doing so with open arms!

Mel

jsdwellsnme
on 8/6/23 9:09 am - CA

That must have been awful lat night at home was pretty brutal until I decided to adjust by adjustable bed I out the head up and it helped a little I have a binder on right now to help .

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/6/23 9:20 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Hi Darla!

Welcome, and congratulations on your surgery. It's not surprising to feel it more the next day as all of the initial drugs they gave you for surgery have worn off.

I hope you made it home! Move as much as you can, and keep working on your water and protein! From here it's just time.

Seconding Mel - feel free to join the daily thread. I love cheering people on!

Best wishes.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

jsdwellsnme
on 8/6/23 9:52 am - CA

Thank you so much yeah I made it home okay but last night was sorta brutal until I adjusted my adjustable bed to raise the head up I'm also wearing a binder and that is helping a little bit

White Dove
on 8/6/23 5:29 pm - Warren, OH

I am so glad you are wearing a binder. It will help a lot with healing.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views