What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/4/23 3:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Late post for me. I slept until 5:30 (a miracle!) and could have slept later, if someone wasn't singing ^^ that song!

Did we tell you we are going away for a long weekend? Leaving Sat and returning Mon --- up to NH to another Shaker Village. This is the one where Grim sells his wares and they are having a conference to discuss the history of the boxes. I am calling it "ShakerCon." Heehee. Should be fun, but I have tons to do before we go.

Pics are: 1) Our fancy brooms!; 2) Grim looking awfully sexy; and 3) baby goats!

Last pic made me laugh - iykyk.

QOTD: How many phones have you broken or lost? I have never lost a cell phone, but I broke my iPhone (badly cracked screen) in early March 2020. Thank god I went in and replaced it right away, because I wonder how long it would have taken to get a replacement during lockdown!

Accountability: Nailed it. And my 3 week stall (which was really more like 6 weeks) finally came to an end and I lost a few pounds :)

MFP is not working for me this morning but this is the plan:

Protein Coffee; Babybel (JUST ONE, LOL); Chomps; Veggie Burger; Fat Free Refried Beans & Jalapeños

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/4/23 3:17 am, edited 8/3/23 8:25 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

We made it to another Friday and I, for one, am grateful!

Those are awesome photos! Rock lobster. Glad the boxes don't go to Hob Lob. The brooms are super cute. Hope you have a great weekend, and congrats on breaking your stall. Nailing it!

QOTD- Zero and zero. Plenty of scratches and drops. I invest in Otter boxes as I own being a klutz.

Ever gotten a picture that perfectly reflects the personality of the subject? I was puttering around in the kitchen assembling my experimental Red Lobster shrimp scampi knockoffs when the clickity toes announced young dog. He often supervises the cooking, which I approve of because otherwise there can be mischief. After a few minutes I realized he seemed quiet and looked over.

Where he got the sock, I don't know. I hope its partner shows up in the laundry. He's learned that he can trade something he's not supposed to have for something tasty because I'm not going to turn it into a game of chase. So there he sat, patiently waiting to present it to me. Jerk. Smart jerk, though. Love my dogs.

Anyway. Another triple digit day here. I'm in hermit mode a bit trying to focus on work. A few meetings today.

Accountability - What menu? I ate part of an avocado, some peanut butter and pretzel flats, and attempted to scavenge. Most stuff was swapping to foods I wanted and I'll admit to eating a handful of Monterey jack cheese straight out of the bag, and 2/3 of a small spotted dick from my Aunty's stash.

Exercise - Recumbent bike on low, baby weights. I was a lump yesterday.

Menu - Chaffles broiled with red sauce and cheese, egg scramble with bell peppers and cheese, protein pudding, really the last of the spanakopita, a tuna infusions on toast, smoked baby clams with dill triscuits.

Happiest of Fridays, menuers!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Emiepie
on 8/4/23 6:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

What a cutie!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 8/4/23 7:34 am
VSG on 08/09/21

OMG -that dog! Cuteness overload.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/4/23 8:17 am
WLS on 07/15/22

He's lucky he's cute. I've never had a dog with more personality stuffed into a small package than this one.

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 8/4/23 4:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Hope today finds you doing well. Those brooms are super cute! Have fun this weekend you two!

Lots to do today and I've been up since 11:40ish. Yay. LOL. It's gonna be a long day. Appointment with my PCP this morning then my mom has some stuff she wants to do. Hoping to get some things done with the doctor. A muscle relaxer for the day time, a new diabetes treatment and maybe a referral to a new pain clinic and/or neurosurgeon. I like my current neurosurgeon but I despise this clinic now. At my appointment Monday the NP said hope you have a great day even though I was visibly upset and starting to cry. It just felt cruel. Anyways...hoping for good movement. I never heard back from the clinic I requested info from. I've got a full fledged cold but I doubt he'd do a thing for that...it'll just take time.

I also need to do some paperwork for the health and human services of Texas. Asking for self employment info. I stopped selling my tutorials for a few reasons and only had one credit other than the social security. I sold some supplies to help get my lap top. So I don't know exactly what to do. I'll prob call after my appointment. I get the paperwork today in the mail and it's due Monday. So stupid. I may lose a certain benefit so who knows what'll happen.

QOTD: I've only had two cell phones. Once I'm able I'll be getting a new one with better memory. Never broken them or any device. It's pretty amazing considering the klutz I am!

B: oatmeal, yogurt and coffee

L: pumpkin soup(really good!) and a chicken sausage

D: shrimp and stir fry veggie

S: I know I'll eat one of the cookies that's in the kitchen, zero carb tortilla with 1 tsp of honey and cantaloupe.

my pics are of two pieces I made this last week or so and a meme that I think most of us relate to,

Mel

White Dove
on 8/4/23 5:32 am - Warren, OH

My sister is on disability. Her ex-husband died last year. She was married to him for more than 10 years. Last week she went to social security to see if she would get more money if she claimed his benefits. The next morning there was a $9000 deposit in her checking account. She has not gotten a letter yet to explain it.

But she said that she could end up losing some of her medical benefits because her income increased. It is sad sometimes that way that the government works. I hope you get a muscle relaxer that works well for you.

I know people just say have a great day all the time. Sometimes I have wanted to say, thanks but I have other plans.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 8/4/23 10:12 am - Amarillo, TX

It's frustrating.

I had a fruitless appointment for the most part. Found out the other pain clinics aren't taking Medicaid patients. My doctor called in gabapentin to hopefully help with nerve damage pain. I'm very thankful for that at least. I have to call Monday to see if a homeopathic doctor takes my insurance.

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/4/23 8:38 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

I'm on gabapentin for my idiopathic neuropathy. It at least allows me to function while waiting for the December appointment with the neurologist. I hope it helps you. Surprised that they haven't given it to you already given the known nerve pain you have.

Greateight
on 8/4/23 4:46 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

So, I forgot that it was Lollapalooza starting yesterday. By noontime my windows were shaking even 60 floors up. Not really conducive to working. My plan for today is to go in, get my badge swipe and leave after lunch to avoid crowds and noise.

For the record I am not anti-Lollapalooza. It's the badge swipe counting, that is the issue.

I leave for Georgia on Sunday morning. We rented a nice cabin on the Toccoa River. Our class starts Monday morning and runs until Saturday evening. They finish with a meatball dinner after the rods are complete. Marilyn and my former partner aren't doing the class, so they are going to fish and enjoy the area.

I will plan to post next week so that I can share the step by step process with Grim.

Plans for the weekend are mostly to get packed and CrossFit. My son finishes his second semester of summer today, so hopefully we will hear from him.

QOTD: I have lost two, both in airports. One was pre-smartphone, so probably a free replacement. But the other was an iPhone and expensive to replace. I've had 3 iPhones since 2011, one I lost, one that I had to replace because our IT stopped supporting it, and my current. Hopefully I can keep this one as long as possible.

Pictures are from our outing to Chicago last week.

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: Chicken Parm

Dinner: Hamburger

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics