What's on your Thursday Menu?

Mkess
on 8/4/23 7:51 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Thanks so much. I'll be ok. It's just extremely turbulen****ers right now. I keep reminding myself that this too shall pass.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

White Dove
on 8/3/23 10:51 am - Warren, OH

I allow myself to have any treat and found out that once it was allowed, I really did not want it very often. But that was after years and years and years of always feeling guilty about what I ate.

I was always around people who made a big deal out of "not getting fat". They would make a big fuss in public about how they did not eat dessert, but would scarf it down in private. The more I was told, "don't eat that it is fattening, the more I wanted the food and ended up secret eating like the rest of them".

I now give myself permission to eat anything and as much as I please. Since I did that I am so much more relaxed about food and my weight is so much better. Two ice cream sandwiches is perfectly fine. Enjoy them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mkess
on 8/4/23 7:54 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Since surgery, I have allowed myself whatever I want but limited it to once every week or two. I was good with that and eating a couple bites. If I was satisfied enough and I didn't enjoy it enough to warrant more of the food consumed. That worked until recently. I hope to get back to that spot.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Lisa91941
on 8/3/23 7:43 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Day four as Uber driver on call for little people continues. I've put over 300 miles on my car this week. This is insanity. My poor adult kids. This and full time work, yikes. It's good to be young while parenting.

Yesterday was successful with food and exercise. Though I only did my chair yoga class, it was a perfect thing of lots of stretching and balance work which my body was loving. I feel like I should get bonus exercise points for all the clean up I am doing all day long, but my phone/tracker refuses to credit me for them. Today I've already been out and done the stairs. Stair portion, 21.26 minutes, no stops. Improving. I'm feeding the littles and then we are off to the races again for the day.

QoTD: I've said this before. I'm not a huge believer. But I'm aiming for party level. I'm no Mother Theresa (Heaven) and certainly no Hitler (Hell) so I'm pretty certain that if there is a place, it's the party level and my kid is hanging out waiting for me to arrive to have a ****tail with him. Most everyone in my life is aiming for party level. I work towards that goal by trying to be generous and kind and gentle with everyone I meet. I fail often, but I keep trying.

Food today...mostly leftovers all day

B: crack chicken and cottage cheese

L: smoked tri tip, a little cheddar, maybe some cherry tomatoes

D: Rog is taking the girls to the Chinese buffet. UGH! BLECH! ICK!!! I'll rummage in the fridge and enjoy a few quiet minutes.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/3/23 10:09 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I'm curious...do you remember it being so hectic when you were raising your littles? It sounds overwhelming!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Lisa91941
on 8/3/23 10:19 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Yes, I sure do! I was gone for work from 5 am to 6 pm every day and still had to do all the Mom stuff. Make dinner and get baths and laundry done, homework supervised, try to schedule orthodontists appointments and doctors and ballet and baseball. I slept about 4 hours a night in those years and it was exhausting. That's when I first truly appreciated my hyperactivity. Parenting is hard stuff, in a million ways. And worth every moment of it if that's the path chosen.

Teenie
on 8/3/23 7:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

We are such good daughters do they really understand how much we do for them? There is 86-year-old women they put in jail because her family let her drive and she killed a motorcyclist. It is so sad, but it does save on nursing home charges and she's getting 3 square a day. My mom gets so mad when I remind her. They actually grew up together.

Ok work is still not good. I am glad I have a fun weekend in front of me. I really need it. I got nothing really going on today. I been making zucchini breads. I started with Snicker doodle, last night I did lemon, and tonight I am going to try a chocolate peanut butter. I also need something to take for a picnic at a winery on Sunday. Is anyone familiar with Salt River Bars?

QOTD: I would have to say not killing my mother, brother, and husband.

Accountability: I did well. I did add a sandwich thin to my burger but that was my only extra.

SS: 5 years 7-month 23-days 159 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate chocolate Caramel

MS: L&F strawberry cheesecake Greek Yogurt, berries, watermellon

CB: Coffee with SF chocolate caramel

L: chicken pinwheels I made with zucchini roasted red peppers ham Swiss drizzled with maple balsamic and feta. snack selects.

D: cheeseburger on a sandwich thin. Maybe some grilled zucchini

Exercise: Dog walking. 3.1 mile run (done)

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 8/3/23 8:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm glad you have a great weekend to look forward to!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 8/3/23 9:40 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The place my Bookclub used to meet in AZ had salt river bars. I tried them and there are many other good things to make. To me the cracker layers were very bland.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/3/23 10:11 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I'm sorry work sucks. Would offer to trade but don't think that would be much help. It sounds like you're doing great on accountability, especially with all of the delicious things you're making!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics