What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/3/23 2:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yo, 'sup? I cannot believe that it is Thursday. This has been the longest / shortest week ever. I finally turned in all of my papers for the week, but now I am behind on cookie stuff. It never ends!

QOTD: If there is a heaven, what good deed have you done that will get you there? Mine is continual tech support with my parents. My mom loves to have the latest gadgets but she doesn't know how to use anything. And for someone who uses the same 3 damn passwords for everything, she can never seem to log in to anything without hours and hours of support. She gets so angry and insistent that she knows what she is doing. I'm happy to help but also .......... !!!

Accountability: I munched on a bag of Pirate Booty while helping mom change her FB password after getting hacked, and I had an extra babybel cheese.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/3/23 2:30 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

Just woke up from a distressing dream of someone throwing my dog off a cliff. Wonder what brought that on.

QOTD- I don't know. Every day I try to be a better person but I'm no saint.

Supposed to work from the office today but I'm not feeling it. Going to hug my dog and go back to sleep for a bit.

Accountability - boneless hot wings.

Exercise is not today.

Menu - last of the spinach pie, sausage snack sticks, protein pudding, pork chop leftovers, boiled egg, red peppers, chicken pieces with Buffalo sauce, seaweed, blueberries.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Emiepie
on 8/3/23 7:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That dream sounds horrible, I hope you were able to get some more rest.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 8/3/23 3:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay for JR Friday.

My hearing test yesterday went well, apparently in spite of my feeling like I"m having hearing issues I actually have better than average hearing. So then they tested my processing of the things that I hear and apparently I topped out on that, too. So it's all in my head, lol, and I don't need to worry about it any longer.

Didn't I say that I was planning a lower key, not as many activities in August? Apparently, I was just joking. Dinner and concert tonight starts 5 consecutive nights out. I will be revisiting one of the venues of a mis-spent youth for the show tonight so that's always fun.

QOTD - I"m not a believer but I try to be kind every day. If that isn't enough to get you in, they are too judgmental and I don't want to go. QJB, I feel you, though, I have done a lot of tech support....since everyone thinks .....she works in computers, lol.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

Ratio yogurt

small ham and cheese sandwich

dinner tbd - we're going to a fancy food court style place but with great views

Have a terrific Thursday, everyone, Friday is just around the corner!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 8/3/23 4:59 am
RNY on 08/21/12

You're not a programmer?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 8/3/23 5:42 am - Warren, OH

One of my favorite old bumper stickers said Thank God I am an atheist. I long, long ago decided that is there really is a God, it does not matter whether or not you believe in him, it matters whether he believes in you. Sometimes I wish I could have been a dedicated believer who just reads the bible and has all the answers. I remember being in 7th grade and thinking that if I told people that I was not a true believer, then I probably did not deserve any Christmas presents and there was a blouse that I really wanted for Christmas, so I kept quiet.

I do wonder if there is an afterlife. Reincarnation is an interesting topic. I heard ghost stories growing up and the people who told them seemed sincere. The belief in afterlife has been around for as long as humans have existed. I work hard at trying to stay healthy and stay alive because I do not know that I have anywhere else to go.

My criteria for being a good person is how a person treats others. People who share their knowledge get top ratings. I was at Mass one morning and they announced that they needed volunteers to work Bingo. The priest promised that the highest places in Heaven would be reserved for patient Bingo volunteers.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 8/3/23 8:34 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I think that as long as you treat people how you would like to be treated and obey the 10 commandments you should have an in. So, believer or non-believer the world would be a better place if everyone did this. I also want to say if Jesus was not the son of God, he was the best scam artist to walk the earth considering he is talked about 2023 years later.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 8/3/23 11:08 am - Warren, OH

That is a really good point about the 2023 years later.

Emiepie
on 8/3/23 7:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad that your hearing test went well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 8/3/23 8:02 am - Warren, OH

I am so happy that your hearing is good. I used to get a lot of lunch invitations from people who would say, "As long as you are here, could you just look at my computer?".

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 394 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views