What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Grim_Traveller
on 8/1/23 3:06 pm, edited 8/1/23 8:07 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Ahhhh, artisanal grasses. Curated grass collection.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 8/1/23 5:30 am - Warren, OH

I saw a meme that said Hey Vegan I killed that cow because it was eating your food.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 8/1/23 5:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I just saw that hippo meme yesterday somewhere! (Facebook probably). Hilarious!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 8/1/23 7:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

We spray weed with vinegar salt and Dawn mixture. They go away in about a day. But not in the vegie garden I am the one to weed that.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 8/1/23 4:54 am - Amarillo, TX

First up I apologize for my post yesterday about not posting for a while and thank you for the replies. I was not in a good place mentally and I just didn't know what to do. I still don't really know what to do but at least I'm not bawling today so far. I have a note into the neurosurgeon's office. Since they are in the same practice I don't expect much if anything. If they can't do anything I'm going to request a referral to a different neurosurgeon even if I have to pay out of pocket for the initial consultation. It hurts to walk, sit and especially get up and down. I just can't live like this. The NP's suggestion was biofreeze and a lidocaine patch. Like I HAD NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THEM. Sorry to say but she is a royal and cruel ***** I decided during the night that I can't retreat in to nothingness again. I just can't do that to myself.

Now on to today. Good morning everyone.

I'm guessing a lot of phone tag today with medical stuff is going to happen today. Other than that we have the kids today and my mom wants them to spend the night. It'll be hard but also a good distraction I guess. I may need to run to the bank but other than that it should be a stay at home kind of day...which is a ok for me.

I've got some bills I need to pay today but have to wait till my mom is up. They have to confirm my identity by giving a phone call to our home phone.

QOTD: chain maille. Namely a hoodoo hex bracelet. I also just need to work on something to occupy my brain. It hurts to sit regardless so I need to get busy. I am needing a new tracfone phone with more memory so I really need to make some extra money.

B: JUST egg cup(3tbs JUST egg, 2 tbs turkey sausage, 3 tbs pepper Jack cheese and 4 sweet potato tater tots) yogurt and a coffee

the rest is unplanned.

Mel

Melody P.
on 8/1/23 7:26 am - Amarillo, TX

As for shorts! Come to Texas. I wear them into December usually. We get winter here in my part but Houston is year round shorts weather!

as a side note. Houston sucks. LOL

and another side note. My neurosurgeons NP sent me in a prescription for a muscle relaxer. I have a note into a few pain management clinics to see if they accept my insurance and if they do if I could get a consultation.

Mel

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/2/23 10:35 am

What kind of MR did you get? I now use 2 different ones. For day I use Chlorzoxazone (500 mg - sometimes i use 1/2 of that, but latly I need the whole pill 2-3 x day) and the second, before bed, is Tizanidine. The second one is really sedating to me so I cnat use it during te day and function on it. I used to get flexeril, but it really doesn't do much for me.

The first one works reall good, but my insurance doest cover it so I have to pay cash for it. And, IMPO it kind of pricey..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 8/2/23 12:40 pm - Amarillo, TX

It's tizanidine. I only have it to take at night. I took my first one last night.

it did help! Just wi**** lasted longer.

Mel

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/7/23 7:25 am

I take that at night. 4mg. My doc told me that if I can sleep longer, I could take another one around 3-4 am. I sometimes do that on weekends, when I get up at 5am. At that time I have to feed the cats ... so unless I can take something I often have a hard time to go to sleep. If I dont feed them ( and clean their boxes) they would keep me awake anyway... little buggers..

A friend of mine got used to it and she takes 6 or 8 mg before bed. She is a rather large size lady so the doc told her to increase slowly, from 2 mg to 6-8mg, depending on the pain. I also take magnesium glycinate, small capsule.

https://www.drugs.com/dosage/tizanidine.html

Usual Adult Dose for Muscle Spasm

Initial dose: 2 mg orally every 6 to 8 hours as needed

• Peak effects occur in approximately 1 to 2 hours and last for 3 to 6 hours; treatment can be repeated as needed to a maximum of 3 doses in 24 hours; gradually increase dose by 2 to 4 mg at intervals of 1 to 4 days until satisfactory reduction of muscle tone is achieved.

Maximum single dose: 16 mg
Maximum daily dose: 36 mg in 24 hours

Comments:

• Clinically significant differences in absorption are expected between capsules and tablets when taken with or without food; these differences could result in changes in efficacy and tolerability.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Amy Liz
on 8/1/23 5:52 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Sounds like an excellent month for you JB! Yesterday was nice, I got ahead a bit on some things. Today, I have a training all morning and working on report this afternoon - a busy day that should fly.

QOTD - Exercise for sure. I semi plan weekday activity and bail. Weekends are fine, there is a lot more activity - not weekend warrior worthy but I may work up to that. I was thinking I will feel more like exercising when I lose some more weight, but in thinking back, I was going hard right after RNY in 2016 weighing a lot more than now. I remember hiking, swimming, running and weights and I LOVED it. Even everyday after work. I can't seem to fathom doing that now. I am mentally/physically spent by the end of the day. I just want to shut down.

b- coffee, yogurt

l- meatballs sauce and parm

d - eggs and turkey sausage

s - carrots, tomatoes

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views