What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/24/23 2:16 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Friends. Welcome to a new week. It pains me to say it, but Grim was right and I didn't need to stress as much as I did on Friday. I got a lot more done than I anticipated, and I am actually ahead of schedule for the week :) I haven't taken a day off in awhile, so it would be really nice if maybe I could get a day at the beach later this week!

QOTD: Have you used ChatGPT for anything yet? It's my new BFF. It's rewritten my resume, writes some of my social media posts for the business, and even makes weekly schedules from my to-do lists. I tried to use it for my Corporate Finance class last semester but apparently it sucks at word problems. Since then, the college has come out with an official statement about not using it for class work. I am too chicken to use it for any of my papers because I am worried they will be able to tell!

Accountability: Let's just say that a little fun with a friend on Saturday + a food gift (of fudge!) from a kind neighbor kept me well over 500 calories both days.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/24/23 3:00 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menu friends,

Welcome to Monday! A beach day sounds like a great reward for getting so much done.

QOTD- Nope. I'd love to know which app to use for it. Could use a resume update. :)

Yesterday I did get some work done on prepping my deck. It now has another dozen screws in it. Then I read the stripping instructions and I'm not sure how I can get that done. Ah, well. I'll try it soon.

I made some chorizo and gouda stuffed poblano peppers for this week, plus the spiedies on the grill. I got a small package of center cut loin chops yesterday, which are new to me. I'll learn to brine them and either sear or grill in the next day or do. I got a lot done this weekend but it doesn't rival JB. I do need to make the tomato pie and chorizo meatloaf soon.

It's an office day today, so time to get going! Haven't even checked my calendar for the day. Oh, if I hadn't mentioned it, I can't take my car in to get fixed from the semi incident until September 11th. The shop is that backed up.

Accountability- just the Dutch oven bread. Working through it.

Exercise- Same same. Body weight and baby weights!

Menu - Part of a banana, pork loin, spiedies, shaved turkey with cheese on a whole wheat English muffin, chorizo stuffed pepper, seaweed, bell pepper slices, a plum.

Have a great Monday!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Emiepie
on 7/24/23 7:42 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow, that seems like a long time to get the car in but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait when it's all done.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 7/24/23 3:48 am, edited 7/23/23 8:53 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday!! Let's get this week done. No really, let's get this week done because I'm already ready to relax on the weekend, lol.

QOTD - nope. We already struggle with people not using critical thinking skills, now ChatGPT and its ilk will begin to breakdown people's ability to write, plan, research, review/error check, etc. It's interesting that there's already a conversation about is ChatGPT getting less intelligent already, I know AI and social media immediately became a cesspool. Also, you kids get off my lawn.

Long work day today including a big presentation this morning. I'll get in my weights workout after work, maybe some cardio but I doubt it. Bookclub this evening.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X2

yogurt

summer sausage and cheese

tbd on dinner tonight

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/23 6:26 am

This your experience with AI here is super interesting. Please kindly specify.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/24/23 6:32 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I'm really interested about where the future of AI will lead, and the potential applications. I do hope it has the ability to help manage some administrative workload tasks or to lighten the manual human burden of some tasks if they can be learned. I've had some good conversations with folks who have been working and researching in this space.

We're asking a lot of questions in my work about the possibilities. I'm not sold on it but the questions remain. All of that to say, I do think there will be some very useful applications. I have the same reservations as you...this could end up being a crutch for so many to offload their mental capacity. It could also mean shifts in the job market. Ah, murky future!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Emiepie
on 7/24/23 7:43 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Kids get off my lawn

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 7/24/23 4:02 am, edited 7/23/23 9:02 pm - Warren, OH

ChatGPT feels like science fiction that came true. It is the stuff I dreamed of when I was learning how to program in the early 1980's. Before Google happened there were apps like Yahoo and AskJeeves that we thought were so amazing.

One artificial intelligence idea that always fascinated me was to implant a chip that would allow our brain to translate different languages. That has not happened yet, but there are online translators that are pretty amazing.

Colleges are going to have to accept that people will no longer need to be able to write their own papers, because technology will do it for them. It is a shift in how the world will work in the future. Writing will no longer be a skill to be practiced and learned. It is similar to when cameras were invented and an image could be produced without an artist using natural talent and years of learning.

I love technology and inovation. I am excited about the new flying cars that we are promised with be shown to us by December. I doubt if I will ever own one, but might travel in one some day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/24/23 6:52 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I remember when you couldn't ask the internet a question and had to have exact, specific search terms. The advances in technology in this lifetime have been both stunning and terrifying.

You can have the flying cars!

White Dove
on 7/24/23 7:42 am - Warren, OH

My younger self watching the Jetsons is excited about flying cars. It will be fun to watch but I do not think I will ever be in one.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 394 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views