What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 7/22/23 5:16 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Hope today finds you doing well!

I have a busy day ahead. Lots of cleaning. My mom's birthday is Tuesday but we are doing the dinner tomorrow. I just need to vacuum really well and make a lemon meringue pie and a coconut pie. Well I say meringue but my mom wants whipped cream instead of meringue so it's a lemon pie lol. Tomorrow it's Chinese food. Not much of it I'll be able to eat.

I kind of had a step backwards kind of day yesterday. I threw up twice. My stomach just decided nope. It feels better today so I hope that's all it is. I see my bariatric surgeon Monday so I'm hoping to have some answers. We'll see.

QOTD: what was your favorite game as a child?

I have a few. My most favorite is dominoes. My grandparents used to have parties and I'd help with prep. They made jalapeño poppers, stuff celery and my most favorite...the brachs by the pound candy. I don't know if it was a regional thing but he let me have some before the party. Sigh...it's funny how food can make certain memories. The other is a regional monopoly version call amarillopoly. It is just what we had. Physical game is red rover for sure.

B: JUST egg bowl and yogurt

L: ???

D: thinking chicken thigh from the crock pot

S: ?????

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/22/23 6:04 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

I hope your stomach settles today and you're able to get everything done. Pie-making sounds fun!

QOTD- I remember board games like Trouble and Sorry and Hungry Hungry Hippo. Maybe Upwords and then Scrabble.

I'm sitting here with a cup of tea planning my day. I went to Lowe's this morning and purchased some supplies for three projects. One is to ultimately resurface my deck before it weathers and warps too far, one is to treat and preserve the stump so I can work on it...plus treating the "slice" they took to decide what I want to do with it, then just repotting my Japanese maples. Not sure how far I'll get today but I'm getting ready.

There's also regular housework for today...laundry and cleaning and such. And I need to get on it and put my new little Weber together or I'll have no grilled spiedies tomorrow.

Exercise - Walking the dog at Lowe's, bodyweight routine on my legs. Baby weights for arms.

Menu - Jalapeño sausage, pork tenderloin, matzo ball soup, bit of sweet potatoes, seaweed and such. Need to pick up a few things at the store.

Have a great Saturday!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 7/22/23 8:05 am - Warren, OH

When I was growing up, as soon as all chores were done in the summer, we set up a board game on the dining room table and someone was always playing. I know we played a lot of Monopoly. I remember another board game that we played a lot but can't remember now which one it was. I am sure it involved dice. That will bug me now until I remember it. LOL

I love lemon meringue pie, but would never make or buy one because it is way too much for me living alone and everyone I know is always on a diet. I might get a meal in a restaurant and order a piece for dessert one of these days. Perkins used to make a good one. Happy Birthday to your mom Mel.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/23 11:38 am
White Dove
on 7/22/23 5:32 pm - Warren, OH

Mel, I made the orange chicken recipe for dinner tonight and it is the best orange chicken I have ever eaten. Thanks for the recipe. I only made 1/2 since just for me, but realize now I could have eaten all of it for a few meals this week. I will be making it again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 7/23/23 4:53 am - Amarillo, TX

Yay! So glad you liked it. It's very good!

Mel

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views