The Shift by Gary Foster

White Dove
on 7/20/23 9:13 am - Warren, OH

For about 5 years, I would go on a 800 calorie plan from January to April and lose about 10 pounds. Then on 1400 calories until Halloween. Then I would stop counting and eat anything until New Years. I was always up 10 pounds again on January 1 and went back the 800 calorie plan again. Total insanity when I look back on that. When I commited to finally getting back to my goal weight, I did 1000 calories a day and did not do the holiday binge.

During the pandemic I started eating way too much again and joined Weigh****chers online program. I attended online meetings every day and sometimes two or three meetings a day. I was bored, could not go out and do things with people, and got really committed to getting the weight back to goal and staying there. I did 20 WW points a day which is roughly 1000 calories a day.

It took a long time, but one day it dawned on me that I was at my goal of 136 and had stayed there for three months. I quit paying for Weigh****chers but decided I would go back if needed. That was last summer and I have kept the weight of and lost another 4 or 5 pounds effortlessly.

Their plan includes any food you want as long as you count their points. Since I can have anything, I do not crave anything now. Their program completely reconditioned how I eat and how I feel about food. I needed the meetings because people inspired me. But their complete new program is written up in a book, The Shift, by Gary Foster.

The book goes into all of the myths and misconceptions about food that in case made me gain weight. Here is what their advertisement says:

The Shift is not about what to eat or not eat. It's not about when to eat. It's about building thinking habits, proven through science, that help you lose weight.

I have a hard copy and on audible. Highly recommend his program, especially if you do not want to incur the time and expense of Weigh****chers. For me, it was as life changing as weight loss surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/23 3:56 pm, edited 7/20/23 9:07 am

I havent read the book but yes I totally agree

. Its really not a new idea this guy is just claiming it as his which is weird and dishonest if youll allow me to say that.

Ive always eaten what I wanted. And stopped eating when my body said full.

Having surgery really helped me limit my constant eating and consuming way too many calories.

I ate for entertainment. I cooked constantly because I was bored and because I imagined it was healthy

.Over eating and over exercising were part of my past now im just calm

. So yes i made a shift .. i think i just got tired of being bored and obsessing about eating.

i was a bored and boring frightened person. I want to live now. I want to travel, to love to achieve the most i can in the limited time left to me.

catwoman7
on 7/21/23 5:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Thanks! I just put a hold on a copy at the library

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 7/21/23 6:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks for the tip! Got a used one from eBay and I'm looking forward to it!

Mel

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views