What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/19/23 11:53 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Congrats on the loss! Food seems to work differently in Europe. Are you willing to share your dal recipe?

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 7/19/23 5:28 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I sort of combined these two recipes (I don't often follow recipes exactly). I took things I liked from both recipes - and I didn't have any black lentils, so I used black beans instead (you can really use any kind of beans in dals):

https://spicecravings.com/dal-makhani-in-instant-pot#recipe

https://www.cookrepublic.com/vegan-dal-makhani-creamy-black-lentil-dal/

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/19/23 6:02 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Thank you!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Emiepie
on 7/19/23 5:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! We are making our way through the week and it's muggy and hot here so doing what we can to keep things cool.

QOTD: I don't use one much anymore thanks to Pinterest but I have one of the old red/white Better Homes ones that we used when I was growing up so it's still here when needed.

TSS: 8 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Shredded chicken on Keto bun, mixed veggies, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: Cottage cheese

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1331 Protein:130 Carbs:129 Fat:49

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 7/19/23 6:47 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Wednesday,

Today is a pretty good day to be alive. I hope to make the most out of it. Yesterday, it really helped me to do a few things for strangers. However, helping my Mom was most satisfying.

I signed her up for a 55+ T-Mobile plan and made her money in the process. I also jumped on her plan since it was better for both of us. Here's the damage we did: Free iphone SE(my mom didn't want a new iphone14), free samsung s23, $500 visa port in bonus, $300 Costco card, $100 AAA bonus, apple TV, Netflix, AAA membership, unlimited everything. I'm pretty proud of my efforts and helping my mother. $100/mo all in. We went with a higher +$20/mo plan since the benefits and bonuses outweighed the monthly cost. I did get stupid bill credits for the free phones but factored early termination into consideration.

QOTD- Low and Slow by Gary Wiviott. It's a BBQ book but has detailed lessons using a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker. Wiviott is a BBQ presence in Chicago and we occasionally converse. He'll pick up the phone for any barbeque questions and, in reality, I bought a $13.95 BBQ coach.

Accountability- my hands wrestled with an open bag of Costco dried mango. Me thinks, 'I'm going to have one serving. I'll cut each piece into strips to satisfy me.' two minutes later, I'm sitting on the couch next to the open bag of mango. -300 calories.

B: Lox and Bagel, tomato, side of cucumbers.

L: 4oz burger w bacon and merkts cheese. Maybe dried peas.

D: rotisserie chicken tacos. I'm thinking of throwing the chicken in a pan with a Mexican sauce / spice slurry as well as onion, peppers, & nopales. I'm not sure how much the chicken will absorb the sauce since it's fully cooked. I'll have delicious veggies and sauce regardless.

Dessert: 1/2 cup coffee ice cream.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Teenie
on 7/19/23 7:01 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Hopefully you can share a pic of the Shower cookies on Friday I love to see your work.

I got my car inspected yesterday. That is great considering it was due on 6/30. It used to sync up so registration and inspection where at the same time, so it was not easy to forget. Now I register for 3 years at a time, so I don't have to be bothered and I forget all the time. Glad someone here at work noticed or I still wouldn't have it done.

I am taking off tomorrow to go to the funeral. I was hoping it was early so I could come in 1/2 day, but it is at 11:30. I can always use a day off and I may get some pool time when it is over. I can actually get a leisurely run in tomorrow morning without having to get up at 5 so it is a win.

QOTD: This is a good question. I do but no longer use it I have 2 Betty Crocker ones. One has my favorite tuna melt and the other has my favorite Schnitzel recipe. I was asked to bring a book for a wedding shower on Sunday and I was thinking of giving one away. There are too many recipes on the internet I feel a cookbook is pretty much obsolete.

Accountability: Nailed it.

TSS: 5 years 7-month 8-days 158.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate Twix creamer

MS: Oikos Tripe Zero Salted Carmel Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Twix creamer

L: RGF stuffed chicken breast and snack select

D: chicken thigh and Baked beans

Exercise: Dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/19/23 7:33 am
RNY on 08/21/12

We've always had yearly vehicle inspections. The put a big sticker on your windshield with the month it expires showing as a bright color, so they can tell at a glance if you've gone over. I was usually a month late. A couple of times 2. So if yours expired in May, and got one in July, you got a July sticker for next year. 2 free months!

They just changed the law. The sticker will expire every year in the same month, even if you're 2 months late. No more free ride.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Teenie
on 7/19/23 12:03 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Ha it didn't catch up in PA yet I got a July Sticker. Winning.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Julia S.
on 7/19/23 7:35 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Betty Crocker cookbook. I bought one at an estate sale but it didn't have the recipe I wanted. So ended up buying another one at Goodwill. The recipe I wanted is for Stollen, it's a yeast bread with candied fruit in it, and powdered sugar frosting with almonds and candied cherries on top. It has been our Christmas tradition since I was a kid. I used to love to bake but like Mel since I don't eat it anymore I don't bake it.

I've been trying to have the kittens sleep with me but last night I gave up and put them in their rooms. I slept really well...they can be a distraction but also a comfort. I will see how it goes.

Still trying to see the new Indiana Jones movie, I think I'll just go by myself. There are now 3 movies that I want to see so things are looking up for now. But with the writers and actors strike I doubt we'll be seeing anything new anytime soon. I've been watching old TV series that I didn'****ch when they were on live, so I've been doing Quantum Leap and The Mentalist. Any other suggestions??

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 7/19/23 9:11 am - Warren, OH

Kittens are pretty hyper the first few years. As they get older they are quieter and easier to have in bed. Mine is 18 and sometimes I go and check to make sure she is still breathing. The only time she is hyper now is when I am bringing her food and not walking fast enough. She has a fountain that I fill with water every few days. If that goes dry she jumps on the table and puts her face in my water glass.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views