What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/13/23 1:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello and Happy Little Friday!

Well, I guess Kelly and I will be the only ones seeing the Barbie Movie. More popcorn for us, I guess ;)

Today is my first day of my last semester. Eep! I am kind of nervous for the first time since the first day of the first semester. I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew since I have a bunch of orders and classes coming up in the next few weeks. I have no idea where this summer has gone. I haven't done anything fun or relaxing yet and it's almost over. I haven't even had a lobster roll yet!

QOTD: What movie, show or book(s) do you know the most quotes from? I can pretty much recite The Princess Bride from start to finish. I also know a ton of lines from the first 3 Harry Potter movies and almost every one-liner from 30 Rock (I heart Tina Fey!)

Accountability: Nailed it.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/13/23 2:59 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

Last semester, wow! Time is flying.

QOTD - Heathers. I used to be able to recite the whole movie and had a crush on Christian Slater.

Another office day today and it hits the magic number of three for the week. I upgraded the band aid on my car to gorilla tape and lost a few layers of skin in the process. That stuff means business!

Accountability- Spoonful of peanut butter.

Exercise will be office walking. I did more yard work yesterday in the excessive heat hours. I tidied up the actual fire pit and added more loads of branches to the burn pile. The current thunder and lightning we're experiencing tells me that window has closed.

Menu

Breakfast- Slice of Dave's killer bread loaded with turkey and cheese and toasted

Second breakfast- banana. One to go. I bought some organic ones to try

Elevensies- Rambutan and a built bar

Lunch - chicken breast and mushrooms

Afternoon tea - boiled eggs and mustard with seaweed

Dinner - pork loin or chicken sausage, depending.

Supper - rolled roast beef slices with horseradish mustard

Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Amy Liz
on 7/13/23 5:09 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Love Heathers!! I'm curious about your total macros - care to share?

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/13/23 6:46 am
WLS on 07/15/22

It's a great movie. And sure! MFP has given me a goal of ~1600 calories a day based on things. My personal goals are 100g of protein, 20g of fiber and choosing good foods. I think the rest will fall in line. Here's today, and I input the pork loin with the intent to do that, plus a half cup of cherries because they also need to be eaten. I don't have that nifty view being used but yay for screenshots!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Amy Liz
on 7/13/23 7:14 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Okay - 1600 cals makes sense. I would gain on that so I was imagining that you were only taking like one bite of each thing on your menu to keep calories down, lol. Your intake looks great considering all you've been through and your weight is stable - that is wonderful!!

I know you've been through a lot to get here, so please forgive me for being jealous!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/13/23 7:27 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Well, today came in at about 1,350 calories. And you're not wrong. If you ever see me put down a banana...it's never a whole banana. I can manage about 3/4. And I'm super prone to sharing with the dogs when I have stuff because I don't want to eat it. Yesterday they got a whole boiled egg because it just wasn't happening, so I always overestimate in MFP to make sure I'm not skimping.

Food still tastes bad. It's part of why I'm breaking it into a bunch of small meals per the guidance of my nurse and dietician. Still also figuring out maintenance since whole grains are calories for sure. I'd share over some of my calorie allotment with you if I could! You're doing great and working so hard. You'll get there! I'm still in the honeymoon phase, too!

Grim_Traveller
on 7/13/23 9:24 am
RNY on 08/21/12

No no no. Nobody gets my food. If I log it, I'm eating it. I weigh the cats food separately. I'll give him all he wants, but once I've weighed it, it's mine.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/13/23 10:25 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Oh boy, I want to get back to that. Well, a part of me does. My appetite had definitely come back about six months after surgery and I was scraping every logged calorie out of containers to relish. I had hungry days and apologized to the pups, telling them they could have some tasty carrots, instead.

Sadly, or maybe not, I have an apathy toward food the last few months which is throwing off my logged numbers. I'm sitting in front of this chicken breast cutting it into smaller pieces and trying to think of a way to make it more appealing so I can eat more of it. The three sauces I picked up aren't doing the trick. The right condiments just don't exist today.

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/23 3:42 am, edited 7/12/23 9:32 pm

Good Morning!

Yesterday around five I received disappointing news. My fourth choice apartment harlem 3 bedroom with huge wraparound terrace but no view few amenities and only seventh floor and warm color palette which i hate ( but which accepted me right away ! ) is now rented. I waited too long to sign the lease.

.Im still waiting to hear from one and three .

One has literally jerked me around for sixty days now so I dont hold out much hope . So the party palace it probably will be . Which on reflection is more than a little scary - its in Spanish Harlem and half the units are affordable of course not mine I have to pay full freight.

I remember rent parties in the hood where people paid twenty bux for all you could drink and dancing .How is the building going to control this not happening? A two hour funk classic rap r&b old video and music session early Friday nights I imagine would be fun ( you KNOW im old lol! ) wigs bikinis martinis and zucchinis ( set to probably aggressive loud misogynist gangsta rap) not so much lol at least for me.

Truth to tell I cant compete with big bootied flat bellied youngsters wearing dental floss and I dont want to be old melanin challenged Mama hugging the corner- the twenty first century version of a Victorian wallflower at the ball... nor do I want to hide on my terrace while the whole building thumps for hours every weekend.

Im going to revisit the party apartment this morning as well as seeing an even more expensive one in Chelsea which is far from parks but is a very pricey often rainbow neighborhood close to the notorious piers.Lest someone misunderstands I love Chelsea the best dance clubs people and sidewalk restaurants. And free first run modern dance productions in the top floor of the thirteenth street LGBT center ! I actually saw a Mark Morris rehearsal there years ago

But the rent ( six hundred bux more than my most expensive so far ) is just too much to commit to for a part time place unless its utterly amazing.

As yesterday was 101 degrees and I had a cat in the car loudly complaining for three plus hours I was on my last nerve by nightfall. Food was ok- lunch was lemon greek chicken soup diluted from Panera, afternoon snack - too many commercial cookies and coffee, dinner Asian chicken salad from Trader Joes (cat ate the chicken I got to pet the cat ) and the last of the overproof booze in my decaf tea ( i needed it !)

I will try not to buy more until I really require assistance mentally . Booze makes me fat unhappy and unproductive.

b- something light probably drinkable yogurt,tea

l-takeout from Dishes hopefully

d- salad and some kind of light soup , Yasso frozen yogurt or Aldis frozen fruit bar or Halo Top 1/2 cup .

The only movie I saw four times was Jarhead and I can't remember a word - only Jake Glynenhall and cohorts dancing in homemade g strings made from sheets .. shows U where my head is at lol!

Mkess
on 7/13/23 6:52 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I want to hear more about the zucchinis. The corner throwdowns are something I miss but couldn't imagine doing nowadays.

I don't envy your apartment search. Everytime I talk to a NY friend that is moving, the search process sounds excruciating. The sky high $ and what you get for the $ also amaze me. I am grateful that I have always found affordable apartments in Chicago. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of Gold Coast and Loop condos here, as well as old school mansions that cost a few bucks.

My little two bedroom apartment on the NW side of Chicago is perfect for me right now. The price is right. You don't even want to know what I pay or it will disgust you. Unfortunately, the landlord has gone from attentive to neglectful.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics