What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 7/8/23 4:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Hope today is great for all of us! QJB and Grim, hope the party stuff goes smoothly this weekend!

Not much to report here. I'm feeling a lot better than yesterday so I'm happy with that. My incision is hurting a lot but not unbearable...just annoying. Come to find out when I take my muscle relaxer it makes me itchy as can be. So that's a no for me now. Next time I see them I'm going to ask for a different one as it does help. I'm also thankful it's not the pain med that does it.

I'm hoping to start the Ozempic up next week again. It's been almost a month without it. It does help my blood sugar numbers. I don't think I mentioned it but I read the report from my hospital stay and it was a **** show of lies. Said I had a great appetite even though the only thing I had while I was there was a bite of toast I promptly threw up. It's just so disappointing to see it. I wish I didn't have to use this hospital but I do. I was very salty the day I read it. I sounded like a sailor. LOL.

QOTD: if you could be anywhere in the world at this very second where would that place be?

I'm going to go with Estes Park, CO. It's where I'd live if I could live anywhere!

Breakfast so far is only coffee and a few crackers. I may have something else a little later this morning. I'm barely sipping on the cold brew coffee but man did I miss my coffee.

Mel

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/23 4:57 am, edited 7/7/23 10:20 pm

Im getting a lot of pressure ( into the night in one case !) to sign with the apartments Ive been accepted to while I STILL cant make a co-application for the amazing apartment Ive literally been pursuing since late May!

They will pull the approval for the others so they can take other applications . Frustrating. But if this is my biggest problem I really have none.

Late yesterday night I ate a bit of toast with jam and cheese and around seven a few bites of fish and vegetables and a cup of tomato/carrot soup from Ikea

curry chicken soup 2 cups early in the day

kale and white bean soup 2 cups around 5 pm

a bit of milanese chicken breast ( dryness made me sneeze)

breakfast - a few ceviche shrimp with salad , tea

drinkable active yogurt, fat free low sugar , bit of blackberry coulis from Ikea , bits of cinnamon scone also from Ikea

seeing one more new posting on the upper east side hopefully and getting and filling out the applications for two of the apartments I was rejected for ( one twice ! )

If I could live anywhere it would be by the beach in Thailand . Id love to try Antartica for a season. Someday hopefully when I have less responsibilities. :)

White Dove
on 7/8/23 9:20 am - Warren, OH

I would gladly join you in Estes Park and i have not been there. I read a book about some of the first settlers there. Finding Rocky Mountain Jim. I bet you would love that book.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/8/23 7:47 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Love the meme. It's more my speed when it comes to social posts. Glad today is a better day for feelings, Mel.

QOTD- Because we were talking about it earlier, Machu Picchu. I'm talking to my family about the possibility of planning a trip when my mom's leg has healed and/or when she retires.

There was drama last night so everyone is just getting through the day today until I leave this evening. Tension is not fun and it's a reminder as to why I like living in my corner with the pups sometimes.

Made a nice quiche for today with crispy prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes, gruyere cheese and some other things. Everyone seems to enjoy it, so that's good. I'll work on packing up the car in a few hours.

Exercise was dog walking.

Menu is quiche slice, caviar cause no more time, and going to teach them a fried rice recipe of mine before leaving. The time here has been good and I'm glad to have seen my family. I'll also be glad to get home.

Quiche pic for funsies.

Happy Saturday folks.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Queen JB
on 7/8/23 8:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Glad you are feeling better!

I'm all ready for the party. Nothing left to do. I picked my outfit and I have everything packed and a checklist ready for the morning. I should practice my speech/toast later but otherwise, I am planning to remain somewhat catatonic.

QOTD: I'm good right where I am today. I am happy that so many friends and family from my whole life are descending on us tomorrow :) But Monday, please send me to a quiet chateau in Southern France.

Menu - protein coffee, chicken burger, and turkey meatballs.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 471 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 383 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?