What's on your Wednesday Menu?

lmfontana4
on 7/5/23 1:55 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Good luck tomorrow and hope you feel better soon.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 7/5/23 2:34 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! I am ready to feel better that's for sure.

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/6/23 12:49 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Oh man, do you have a good GI doctor? Don't wait on that stuff! Hope your surgery goes well today and you don't need to stay!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 7/5/23 4:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and welcome to Wednesday everyone! Or my monday as the case may be, lol. The fireworks finally stopped here around midnight, they started early around 630, I think trying to get them in before the rain came...but then they just kept going in the rain and lightning and thunder, quite the show. I met a friend for the new Indiana Jones movie yesterday (very good, do recommend, but it's not Raiders of the Lost Ark...but what is), then an afternoon snack (soft pretzels and provolone fondue) and then home to do some more work on the basement gym and a couple hours reading on the deck - before and during the fireworks.

QOTD - Anna Karenina - 0 stars do not recommend. This will be on my bad list forever. More recently, the Fall Out Boy newer version of We Didn't Start the Fire is not for me.

Today is work from home and catching up, the July rowing challenge is only 3 workouts (boo) so I'm also going to do the elliptical one (6 workouts). I am embracing my inner AmyLiz and QJB and tracking and measuring everything and I'm also going to embrace my inner Sheila and step up the intensity of my workouts -- Sheila is hella fit and I want to be like her when I grow up!!

Menu today 962 cal/60 protein/77 carbs

breakfast - coffee plus 2 tbsp half and half X 2, Thomas English Muffin w 2 tbsp PB

Lunch - 1 cup skyr, 30 lily's milk chocolate chips

Dinner - jalapeno cheddar brat

snack - built bar

Morning exercise - rowing; afternoon exercise - boxing

IN REAL LIFE MEET UP UPDATE DAY 1

I had a fantastic weekend and really enjoyed my Saturday meeting up with Sheila and her family! First of all, it's still unbelievable that I had never met Sheila, lol. Second of all, if you are having a not great day, get yourself a Sheila hug, she gives incredible hugs (I hope that doesn't sound creepy, some people just are the best huggers!). Her family is lovely, her DH's childhood friend, whose bbq I crashed, was lovely. We met ups first at her friend's house for a pre-show bbq which was great, Sheila and I and her DS and DD sat out on the front yard (in the shade for me) and just chatted, I met their friends lovely Irish Wolfhound, and it was wonderful. Then inside we chatted with a rotating group of people, watched some late day rain and then two ladies that were not going to the concert loaded everyone up and took us all to the local highschool nearest the concert venue and dropped us off. A quick walk through the pop-up market area while a few people tried to find tickets was interesting, the random guy roaming up and down offering "chocolate mushrooms" was just a strange addition to the day.

Then Sheila and I experienced our first dead and co/Grateful Dead type show. It was a gorgeous but super bright evening, hot in the direct sun where we were. The crowd was very nice and everyone was having a good time. I knew john Mayer had toured with them but didn't realize he was with them this weekend so that was exciting for me, he's an incredibly skilled guitarist. They played the only Grateful Dead song I know as their second song (the doo-dah man one) which was perfect because then Sheila and I were able to go inside to the air conditioned part and grab a table where we could see the show (and kind of hear it) but not melt. The people watching was fun and so was the catching up. Hilariously, there was one lady that kept going out and dancing and then coming back in and joining us at our table, she was higher than a kite....and told us about her husband selling chocolate mushrooms...and complaining because her's had melted from the heat but that she was eating the anyway and "while I wouldn't normally let a stranger lick my fingers, I couldn't let the chocolate go to waste".

Randomly, the band just left the stage after about 45 minutes but no one appeared concerned so it must have been normal. During this time, the sun finally went down so it was gorgeous outside so we returned to our seats.

For the second half, they played one song that started at 8:48 and ended at 9:02; another that started at 9:02 and ended about 9:18. To be honest, I might have missed a song or two, they all went really long and a lot sounded the same, I mostly guessed when the new song started/ended by the cheer of the people. Then we were really confused when all the lights came down, except for some of the light show lights, most of the band left and we weren't sure if it was another intermission, if something was wrong but no one around us seemed confused, they all just sat down and watched for about 20 minutes, while checking their phones, chatting with each other. We were later told this was called Drums in Space and we were supposed to be thinking deep thoughts. Then there were a few more long songs, a quick exit, then an encore that ended bang on 10:30 avoiding breaking the curfew and paying the huge fines. Very entertaining evening, the musicianship was excellent, the light show was great, the crowd was so incredibly pleasant and everyone having a good time, the weather was great, as expected there was a lot of weed -- pretty sure they didn't need any of the dry ice smoke machines after about 7, lol. Less BO and patchouli than I was expecting. There was one lovely lady in head to toe rainbow gown, purple hair and a tiara and I loved her. It's fun to watch nice people really enjoying themselves, even if it's not my jam.

I will let Sheila fill you in on our second adventure day together!

Here is are a couple of pictures of us at the concert and two of the fabulous people that were attending and spreading joy!

Spread more joy in July seems a good goal!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 7/5/23 4:56 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 7/5/23 5:25 am
RNY on 08/29/18

After about 15 minutes of Drums and Space, Marilyn said to me "you know they could just snip this part out"

I thought briefly of going to the Monday night show, but didn't get back from Budapest until Sunday night and was exhausted.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 7/5/23 5:29 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Marylin is one of us.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 7/5/23 5:32 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Scalpers were making bank on Saturday, I can't imagine which vacation homes they were funding with the "last show of the last time in Boulder ever".

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 7/5/23 7:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Drums and space? I thought they were saying drums in space, lol

Jen

Greateight
on 7/5/23 8:03 am
RNY on 08/29/18

It's two different "songs ". Rather than thinking deep thoughts, i usually go to the Men's Room.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics