What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 7/1/23 4:23 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone!

Not a lot planned for the day and I'm glad about that. I had three instances of the foamies during the night. At least I was able to catch a little more sleep after they passed. I think I'm going to need another EGD by the end of it. I started having an allergic reaction to the new med my doctor gave me for acid so I have to start taking the omeprazole over the counter twice a day instead of once.

I might spruce up my bedroom a bit. I bought a very small desk to go in there and I need to get it put together too.

QOTD: What's on your plans for the 4th of July?

Nothing much here at all. We might do a piece of a brisket but I doubt I'd be able to eat it. We'll likely do a bunch of nothing...try to soothe the scaredy-cat dogs.

B: part of a protein shake

Mel

Amy Liz
on 7/1/23 7:35 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ My brother has a t-shirt with that meme on it, lol. Sorry you are having a rough time with the meds. Yesterday was lovely, I left work feeling great and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of my fun and relaxing day. Today we are taking the dogs to the park, getting some things done around the house, golfing 9 holes at a different course than usual and going out for Chinese food this evening. I always get the same thing at this restaurant - veggie egg foo young it's so good. I know the MFP macros aren't right but I'll only eat 1/2 of one patty and it is what it is.

QOTD - we are going to my sisters house for a BBQ - no clue what is on the menu, but knowing my BIL there will be a ton of meat

Today's eats are:

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Melody P.
on 7/1/23 1:38 pm - Amarillo, TX

I hope you enjoy the egg foo young, sounds yummy!

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 7/1/23 7:52 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning all. I hope you're all having a good weekend. It's pretty much the same schedule for us, weekend or weekday.

QOTD: I don't think we have any plans for the 4th.

Melody, remember that it can take several days for omeprazole to start working, so you won't get any relief right away. Over the counter omeprazole is, i think, only 20mg, while prescription can be either 20 or 40.

The best thing I've found for more immediate relief is Zantac.

Have you been on carafate? That's usually prescribed for longer term Gerd and ulcers.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 7/1/23 1:32 pm - Amarillo, TX

I've been taking the omeprazole prior to the one I reacted to. Pantoprazole is the one I reacted to. Which to me is odd but it made me really itchy. I'm taking two of the omeprazole to match the strength. I've been on it long term. I do have some older carafate but the NP didn't do it this time.

thanks so much for the tips! It is getting better but it's frustrating it's not getting better faster. This has totally kicked my butt. I'm back to getting dizzy when I stand up like post op. Even almost fell. Just seems silly lol

Mel

Lisa91941
on 7/1/23 7:56 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Sorry you are still feeling so crappy, Mel. When my gut is bad, I take my pantoprazole up to three times a day. My doc says I can't od on it, so go for it.

We are seeing SIX, the musical today. I'm really looking forward to it. Also going to our Little Italy area to get a couple fun treats for our neighborhood gathering tomorrow and maybe have lunch out. Not sure where exercise is coming in today. Maybe I'll take a nice fast walk late this afternoon as it starts to cool down. Trying to keep my streak going with getting something in every day. But I'm owning my 6 minute effort last Thursday.

QoTD: Still not sure. Possibly going to my girlfriend's house with my daughter's family. But if that all falls through we may be doing nothing. Which is a lot like retirement. Lots of days of nothing structured.

Menu today

B: I think an egg and griddled cheese.

L: TBD

D: TBD

I really need to get my bootie over to TJ's and get stocked up on meats and options. I only shopped for three days last Tuesday and we ate the last of that for dinner yesterday.

Have a wonderful weekend! Can't wait to see Sheila and Jen pics! Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Melody P.
on 7/1/23 1:34 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! The pantoprazole is the one I have had a reaction to. It seems the older I get the more allergies I have!

Mel

White Dove
on 7/1/23 10:22 am - Warren, OH

Sorry about all the issues Mel. There was a swim party and picnic today that is postponed until the air quality improves. Now it has gotten so bad that they are recommending N95 masks if you have to be outdoors. Hoping for some rain soon to clear out some of this.

Staying inside on a hot sunny July 1 is pretty much of a downer for me. Out of boredom I am cleaning out the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. At least things will be nicely organized when I go back to the swimming pool.

My current TV binging has been Gordon Ramsey. I never watched any of his shows and discovered them about a month ago. He is quite the character, and his shows are fun. I am watching the new episodes of Hoarders and of Outlander.

Since no swimming pool, I will be using the recumbent bike for some exercise. If I don't exercise my legs get sore and stiff now. I have learned that exercise is really important for older people.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 7/1/23 1:36 pm - Amarillo, TX

I've been seeing the coverage of the smoke and it's just so scary(and nasty). I feel bad for my friends in Canada too...they are burning up.

Mel

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views