What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/29/23 3:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Gooooood Morning! Thursday already, huh? I went to bed with a headache and woke up with one, too. I hope it's just allergies and I can run it out of town quickly. Lots more to do today for school and life.

In prepping for my parent's anniversary we have been going through and scanning the few old photos I have (not a lot left after the flood, then the fire). It's been interesting to see myself at about a million different weights. I really went up and down from about 6th grade to HS, I was anywhere from super skinny to overweight. And damn--I look a whole lot better when I am thin. That combined with the horrifying fat photos of me in NC this week have made me decide to go all in and restrict calories to 500/day until this party. I know I can probably only lose 2lbs max in a week and a half, but I feel like I need to try something. I can typically only lose weight at 600 calories a day, so 500 might give me a little extra boost.

QOTD: Pick 5 iconic things that represent where you are from. I had to do it for a "Sugar My State" Cookie Challenge, and I came up with:

1. Witch Hat
  2. Apple Tree
  3. Lobster
  4. Lighthouse
  5. Dunkin'

Accountability: Nailed it. 514 calories.

Back to posting MFP menus... no more winging it.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 6/29/23 3:27 am, edited 6/28/23 8:28 pm - Warren, OH

I bet you will have a nice drop in weight following 500 calories for a week and a half. I have to go to 800 calories to lose a pound a week, but never went purposely down to 500. Your cookies are so amazing.

Ohio in Indian meant Beautiful River. Our state tree is the Buckeye Tree, named that because its nut looks like the eye of a deer, so buck's eye. We have buckeye cookies, which are chocolate and peanut butter.l

State bird is cardinal and state flower is red carnation. Ohio has a unique flag and is the only state whose flag is not rectangular. People worldwide remember Cleveland as the city where the river caught on fire.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 6/29/23 5:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I tried my first buckeye at CookieCon! So yummy!

Melody P.
on 6/29/23 3:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

I actually slept well for most of the night. When I woke up I felt hungry so I ate a little something and now feel like warmed over you know what. Now I'm just going to sip on water to keep my mouth wet. I did reach out to my bariatric surgeons NP to let him know what was going on. They prescribed a new anti acid med that is a bit stronger than the over the counter omeprazole I have. Hoping it'll help as this stuff is getting old. I doubt I get any more sleep but at least I got some.

No big plans for the day other than having to pick up the kids from VBS.

QOTD: Cadillac ranch, big Texan, cowboy hat, cowboy boots and wind.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 6/29/23 4:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I had no idea Cadillac Ranch was in Abilene! It always seemed like something that belonged in Vegas to me so I just assumed that's where it was, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 6/29/23 12:36 pm - Amarillo, TX

It's actually Amarillo! I don't care much for it and I've only seen it first hand once. It's ok but just not my thing! I agree it would fit right in with Vegas.

Mel

Queen JB
on 6/29/23 5:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I am queen of tips and tricks to relieve reflux. And although it is gross, diluting a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water to drink really helps a lot when acid is at its worst!

Hope you feel better!

Melody P.
on 6/29/23 12:38 pm - Amarillo, TX

I will remember that! I think I have the beginning of an ulcer from the aspirin they gave me and gave it to me on an empty stomach. It's feeling better and better each day. Thanks!

Mel

White Dove
on 6/29/23 6:25 am - Warren, OH

When I think about Texas, I always think about heat and guns.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 6/29/23 12:38 pm - Amarillo, TX

It's fitting!

Mel

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views