Welcome to Sunday, Menuers!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/24/23 11:52 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Morning everyone!

So it turns out my AC is broken. While I can tolerate much higher temperatures thanks to having less padding, 87 degrees in the house makes it hard to sleep without being...sticky. Hoping to get this addressed before it hits 106 later this week! My sympathies are more with the dogs and their fur coats.

QOTD- What's your spirit animal? I always said an echidna since it's just the weirdest little critter that makes no natural sense. Guess it still fits. Someone at work used to tell people her spirit animal was a minivan because of her caretaker/mom tendencies.

Low key day today due to heat. Working through leftovers and fridge stuff before heading to see family at the end of the week, so no heavy prep here. Should attempt to change the well filters again today and hope not to get whacked in the head by protective momma birds.

Menu - leftover taco meat, piece of chicken enchilada casserole, blueberries, maybe watermelon, stuffed crabs I bought on impulse.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 6/25/23 12:17 am - Warren, OH

I hope the air conditioner is fixed soon. It is fairly cold here at 64 so would not matter but 87 would be tough to sleep without it. My spirit animal is the turtle. It seems slow, it goes into its own shell often, and yet it perseveres and finishes the race.

Here is a quiz to help identify your spirit animal.

https://www.spiritanimal.info/spirit-animal-quiz/

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 6/25/23 4:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Thanks for getting us started

I sit here enjoying my first cup of coffee in over a week! I'm still a bit wonky feeling but since the pump was turned off things have improved. I am struggling with a horrid gag reflex though. I can't take some of my pills due to it...thankfully they aren't necessary ones though my sleep suffers lol. I dry heave at least once a night.

No big plans for the day. Hopefully we'll stay home. It is supposed to be a cooler day today then they are saying 103+ in the coming day. I'm not down for that! Yuck.

QOTD: easy for me. Buffalo. I always have thought that they were beautiful and just amazing. I had seen them around here but not in the a place where they had some freedom. When we went to Yellowstone I cried in the back of our van when we saw the first group. It was literally the coolest thing I've felt. Now I don't decorate with them or anything like that but they hold a special place in my soul.

food may be oatmeal if I feel like it and maybe a half a banana later this morning.

I've just a roast on for my mom so that may be a meal for me but it also might be to much.

have a great day everyone.

Mel

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/25/23 10:28 am

Sorry to see you dealing with all this crap. Nausea can be horrible. We're you able to get some Rx for Ativan? I know I don't function well without my nausea meds.

The generic promethazine works for me. I freak out when I need it and can't find it. It's typically everywhere, by the bed, in my purse, in the cars... I used to freak out like that when I couldn't find hyoceamine (for intestinal cramps), or glucose, now it's promethazine. I actually take it withou****er, allowing it to slowly dissolve and numb my mouth, throat, etc. Sometimes I need 2 x 25mg, but normally just 1 Is OK.

So...what now for the pain? Are there any options for you?

Is weed an option? I know it can work for me, but I got side effects trying THC delta 9 (uncontrolled munching and some nausea). I hate feeling high.

There is also kratom, but getting a good source can be challenging. The store front sources can be OK, but ...I heard some horror stories by people who bought from the smoke shops.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 6/25/23 1:25 pm - Amarillo, TX

No prescription for Ativan. I was prescribed lisinopril which is a no go. All day today I've been getting dizzy when I get up. The blood pressure was really elevated in the hospital but I was REALLY sick and panicked. Now it's running 91/50. Not taking it anymore. I definitely don't need to have another fall. My doctor aid if it began to feel like this to stop taking it.

As for what will happen after surgery...I've not got a clue. I figure I'll have to fight tooth and nail for any relief. The only medical marijuana here is for cancer patients. I really need to have a talk with the pain clinic. I may have to go elsewhere. They say it doesn't provide enough relief. I say some is better than none...what do I know? It's only my body lol.

the nausea is better today for sure. I just need to build up my strength as this has totally kicked my butt. Worse than the surgeries I've had. They think I bruised my sternum area from dry heaving. I'm in a big unknown right now with everything and I don't like it! Lol

Mel

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/26/23 2:12 pm

Hugs. IMO, Dry heaving is worse than throwing up. Sometimes it feels like my bile is trying to get up. Sore throat, sore ribs, etc.

The worst about legality MJ is the drug testing. Hemp is technically legal and you may need to start reading on legality of delta 8, delta 9 and delta 10 in your area, state, county and city. You may need to consider that, if legally it won't be a problem for you.

In my area weed is illegal but people use it here. I don't. My ex was a pothead so I have a strong aversion to the smoke. When I was in CO I vaped some, to try, but I hated it, the high. It worked on my pain, but it made me feel ill.

There is also kratom. It works fod a lot of people. To help with pain, energy, and a anxiety. I used it for a few years, but i developed a strong dependencu, and I had very bad withdrawals, just 2-3 hrs after getting a proper dose.

But ...kratom is the only thing that really helps with my irritated nerves' pain. If I take just "perfect amount" I'm not only pain free but I also get energy spike for app 2 hrs. Unfortunately the type that helps is an extract, specially formatted. And I don't want to develop addiction to it. (It's so easy****ep some in case the pain gets thr best from me. Ugh

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 6/25/23 7:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin All -

well the reunion (of one of my former offices - from 35 years ago!) was just great, even though my two years there was not. It was really fun seeing people again - and connecting with other people whom I share friends and former co-workers with. It provided good, positive closure to my time there - and I'm actually wanting to go to the next reunion in five years! (they're going to make this a regular thing - every five years).

bad thing was - terrible eating. HORRIBLE. WAY too many calories. I'm still feeling like I weigh 300 lbs this morning. I leave for Scandinavia on Wednesday, so there's going to be super light eating for the next three days.

lots of stuff to be done before my trip. I'm way behind where I thought I'd be today, so it'll be a scramble.

QOTD: well according to the quiz White Dove posted a link to, my spirit animal is a turtle, so I'll go with that!

B: I already had coffee (with half & half). No breakfast yet, and it's almost my regular time for a MS, so I'll just have my usual MS protein shake

L: yogurt with fruit

AS: Ratio yogurt (?)

D: probably more yogurt (I need to get through my homemade stuff before I leave - DH only eats Chobani)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 6/25/23 8:37 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Ohhhh! Thanks for the link, Mary! I'm a wolf. I like it.

Last day for the trip. We have a bike ride and a fun lunch planned and then a fire to burn all the remaining wood tonight. Low key day and my walk is already completed.

bites today:

B. Leftover tri tip and potatoes made into a frittata. Small piece for me

L. Very specific. Best chicken sandwich I've ever had and it served on Japanese milk bread with a butter honey sauce. I won't be able to eat much of it, but I'll love every bite

D. Gyros meat from a Costco gyros kit

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/25/23 10:33 am

87 inside a house? Nope. I would be in a hotel, sleeping by AC. I feel like boiling alive when temperatures is above 75.

Qotd: lioness or a dragon.

I had a couple of ok days. Not really doing much. My gut is not very happy with me, but everything is moving, so that's that.

Menu today:

Coffee, liquids

More liquids, maybe some fruits...

D; not sure, but some chicken in sauce.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics