What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Emiepie
on 6/23/23 7:15 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm glad I asked. I don't regret it

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 6/23/23 7:47 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Very adorable. I guide kitty.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Teenie
on 6/23/23 7:48 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Very adorable. I guide kitty.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 6/23/23 8:53 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Flowers for no reason at all are the best. Such a blessing to have friends like that.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 6/23/23 10:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

And when you have one of those people cross paths with you in life you gotta hold them close as they seem few and far apart.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 6/23/23 6:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well this afternoon/evening and all day tomorrow I'll be at a reunion of a dept I used to work in at a university about 45 miles from here. I absolutely hated the two years I was there. I think it was more the town (I hate small towns) than it was the university, but still, it was about the two most miserable years of my life. So why am I going? I don't know. Maybe to give myself closure. Or maybe I'll run into a couple of people I liked. Or maybe it's a diversion from all this "mom" stuff that's been going on the last several months At any rate, off I go...

lots and lots of stuff to do still before I leave for Scandinavia on Wednesday. Not sure if I told you guys yet, but now I'll also be meeting up with some relatives from my mom's side of the family (second cousins of hers) while I'm there (the original purpose of the trip was to meet up with relatives from my father's side (plus to see Scandinavia, of course)). So this is going to be a great, and probably very meaningful, trip (like my trip to Scotland last summer was!)

QOTD: that's a no brainer for me. I absolutely hate phones, so I'd pitch that in a minute (I'm writing this on my laptop - the only time I "work" on my phone is when I have no other option)

B: plain skyr topped with fresh fruit "salad", coffee with half & half

MS: I may ditch the usual protein shake today since I don't know how many calories I'll be consuming at the picnic they'll be having at the aforementioned event. I should be able to reach my goals through food alone, and if not..it's only one day

L: bagged salad and cottage cheese

AS: I'll take a protein bar or protein muffin with me to eat on the road

D: I have no idea what they're having at this picnic, but given it's Wisconsin, probably bratwurst and hamburgers (we don't do hotdogs and hamburgers here - always bratwurst and hamburgers - lots of German descendants in this state...). So ...bratwurst. Unless they have something else with enough protein in it

ex: going to water aerobics in a few minutes....

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 6/23/23 6:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope you have a good time at your event. I'm not sure I would go if I felt that way about the job. I stopped going to my high school reunions after I remembered that I kept in touch with the people I liked and so everyone else wasn't them, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 6/23/23 9:04 am - Warren, OH

I still live in the same town so not only go to the high school reunion but am on the committee to put it on.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/24/23 5:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it was actually fun! Ran into a couple of people I haven't seen in 30+ years and met some others that I've known about for a long time (mutual connections) but have never met in person. Plus I saw a couple I knew from working on the Madison campus (several people there have worked on both campuses) - wasn't expecting that. Anyway, back there today. There are a couple of people I'm looking forward to seeing who will just be there for the day today.

re: high school reunions - never been to one. We moved from Ohio to North Carolina during my junior year of HS, and most of my friends at the new school were seniors (because of the difference in curricula, I'd already taken all the courses that the juniors in my new HS were supposed to take). After they all graduated, some stayed in the area because they went to colleges in Raleigh (where we lived), so I still hung out with them my senior year. I really only had a couple of close-ish friends in my class, so basically, I really didn't know enough people in my graduating class to go to one of their reunions. I knew a ton of kids in my Ohio HS, but then, I didn't graduate with them, so I would have felt weird going to one of their reunions (although it's been 45 years, so most of them have probably forgotten by now that I didn't graduate with them!). Although one of the people from that class who I keep in touch with said the last reunion seemed like a Trump rally to him, so...maybe not!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 6/23/23 7:17 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow your trip is coming up so fast!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics