Whatâ??s on your Thursday Menu?

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/25/23 10:04 am

I call beozar any type of bowel obstrustuction that's caused by undigested food.

I what I did? Lots of liquids, digestive enzymes, Probiotics, plus ..whisky and red wine on a 2nd day when things were not "moving down". Alcohol is a solvent, and I know it works better than anything else. As much as I really didn't want To go that route, hospital is the last possible thing. Things started moving down. Things are fine now, but I think my insides are inflamed and I have to be really careful what and how much I eat. I increased miralax dose, l-glutamine and liquids. No food for 2 days, electrolytes and extra sodium.

Keith massaged my abdominal area (he was scared - so much gurgling). Whatever caused the obstruction- I hope it's gone for now.

The worse was not be able take pain meds and muscle relaxants.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Emiepie
on 6/22/23 6:07 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Friday-Eve! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the game and BBQ and hope the rest of the trip is awesome.

QOTD: I can't think of any place at the moment.

TSS: 8 years 10 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: I haven't decided yet

ES: Cottage cheese

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 6/22/23 7:03 am, edited 6/22/23 12:22 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ NC is beautiful My fondest childhood memories were from when I lived there. You can keep the humidity though.

Yesterday was nuts, but really good too. I was able to get through some haunting items and now, my trainee is on vacation for 2 weeks (yes, already) so I will be able to not only catch up, but get ahead hopefully. I think I am seeing light at the end of this part of the tunnel.

Today I am enjoying a lazy morning. I'm going into work late because we are hosting a regional meeting this afternoon then going to dinner with the group tonight. Should be fun, they are all great people. This week has flown by and I'm looking forward to the weekend already.

I need to get my rear in gear exercise wise. I've had good intentions, but have come up so short in favor of mental health lately. I recall a time when exercise was #1/survival for my mental health and I'd like to get back there. I need to turn my thoughts and actions around.

QOTD - I know I have plenty of those places but apparently I've chosen to block them out!

B- coffee, egg bite

l - chicken bites w/shredded lettuce and pickle toppings

d - *ETA - korean bbq salad

s- cucumbers, carrots if needed

Have a fab day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Teenie
on 6/22/23 7:17 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Luck turning it around. You know the benefits now you just need to implement. Fortunately, I have a cousin that keeps me accountable on fitness and this 5k was just what I needed to kick me in the butt. I hope you find your kick butt reason to move. Prayers.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Teenie
on 6/22/23 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

So glad you arrived safe and sound. Enjoy and relax now. You deserve it!!!

So, the air pods showed up in my mom's mailbox. My DB said he put them on her dining room table now. I was there Monday but have no Idea when they fell out of my pocket or who the kind soul was who put them in the mailbox. Just glad to know they are still around. I'll run and grab them after work. Still have not found the corndog of finished a whole Chapstick.

The Morning show was ranking there top 5 M&M's of all times and man they got a lot wrong. I hate any with caramel and I do not like the Brownie ones either. They did get the #1 right that is the peanut butter M&M hands down. Other exceptional ones in my opinion were Pecan Pie, Carrot cake, Creepy Coco Crisp, Popcorn and Key Lime Pie. I may have to message them later. They did have pretzel on the list, and I will admit that was pretty good but no top 5.

QOTD: Cleveland. First of all, I am from Pittsburgh so Cleveland Sucks!!! And I may or may not have been arrested and I was set up. I was never convicted.

Accountability: I had traded dinner for some pork cilantro street tacos I bought in the freezer section at Aldi, and they were awesome and the box they came in was just as fun I can't wait till, I have a gift that will fit it.

TSS: 5 years 6 month 11 days 162 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate Twix creamer

MS: Oikos triple zero salted caramel Greek yogurt and watermelon

CB: Coffee with SF Twix creamer

L: zucchini and snack select

D: Chicken salad or buffalo chicken meatballs.

Exercise: Dog walking 3.1-mile Wog. Done

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 6/22/23 7:22 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

QJB, I'm glad that Grim took you to the BBQ place and not the BBW place that you had indicated yesterday, I just didn't see that ending well for him.

So, completely in the efforts of public health, and not at all in an attempt to panic people into buying office furniture, UK company Furniture at Work has commissioned a 3-D model, nicknamed Anna, of what we will look like in the future if we don't return to the office. Lets take a peek.

Poor, Anna. It's bad enough that she is doomed to life in an unwashed, ill-fitting Garanimal. But she suffers from a series of other ailments related to at home work.

Furniture at Work claims that their model is based on research from the University of Leeds as well as other "healthcare experts." So science-y.

But back to Anna. Her issues appear to be the following:

a hunched back from working out of her bed

dark bags under her eyes from the computer screen

claw like hands from grasping her mouse all day.

mental health issues from isolation.

I'm not sure why those who work from home in the future will do more mouse grasping than office dwellers, but maybe that level of nuance is beyond my understanding.

Also, no benefits of working from home appear to have been considered although one commentator noted that Anna has a full head of hair since she does not pull it out while sitting in traffic each day.

We leave for the airport this evening and arrive in Munich at 1:00 local time. No doubt that We will be by far the youngest people on this Viking Cruise. I won't be able to post, but will be thinking of you while I am gone.

QOTD: Buffalo Wild Wings. I keep thinking it's going to get better and it never does.

Breakfast: Sausage

Lunch: Pizza

Dinner: airport food

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 6/22/23 8:01 am - Warren, OH

Working from home would mean that they are selling a lot less furniture for offices. Now they need to come up with home office furniture as comfortable as a bed but designed so we don't turn into Anna. This might be the gold mine project of the future.

Enjoy your cruise and your vacation.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 6/22/23 9:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Makes you wonder how they decide on this type of model.

I hope all your travel goes smoothly!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 6/22/23 10:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Make sure your pineapple is top side up and have a great time.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/23/23 1:24 am
WLS on 07/15/22

So it is viking cruises! I hope you have a wonderful time.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics