What's on your Tuesday Menu?

White Dove
on 6/20/23 4:00 am, edited 6/19/23 9:01 pm - Warren, OH

When I went to work for GM, it was expected that you drive a GM car. Every hour they sent someone to the parking lot to take a count of foreign cars parked there and posted that number in the lobby. Often owners of foreign cars would go back to their car in the parking lot and find their tires had been slashed.

One girl I worked with had just been hired. She put a sign on her foreign car saying that she was a new hire and her GM vehicle was on the way, so please don't harm this one. They left it alone. For years I leased a new GM car every two years. After I retired, I bought one and drove it for about six years. It had a lot of problems through the years. On an impulse I bought a Ford Fusion in 2018. That has been a very dependable car and only had a problem once.

I don't drive much now and it has about 15,000 miles on it. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever replace it or if I will just end up with using ride share instead of paying for another car, insurance, and maintenance. It will depend on how confident I am in my vision, my driving skills and my overall driving ability as I grow older.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/20/23 10:11 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Times sure have changed! Don't know that I could work for a company thats okay with that happening to employees in the parking lot. Yeesh.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 6/20/23 10:41 am - Warren, OH

The company did not like it, but it was a union thing and not something that the company could control. GM had a very powerful union years ago.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 6/20/23 5:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Wow what a productive day- you totally killed it. I hope the packing and prep for the trip goes just as smooth and that you all start out in a great trip.

QOTD: We have not been in the past but both of the last two purchases have been Toyotas. Coincidentally, the business office for the dealerships I work is located at the Toyota one so I see them way more and makes handling service super easy.

TSS: 8 years 10 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Pork loin, garlic bread (carbmaster bread), cauliflower, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: Cottage cheese

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1370 Protein:125 Carbs:139 Fat:46

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 6/20/23 6:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I really need to plow into classes today and the rest of this week, since I slacked off yesterday and want to get ahead of schedule before I leave for Scandinavia next week. A slightly distant cousin (2nd cousin once removed) of mine who lives there messaged me this morning to see if I'd be going to Halland County to meet her and her mother. I'd told her mother a few months ago that I'd be in Sweden and would love to meet them, and she said she no longer lived in Halland County - she now lives way up north near Lapland, and she wasn't planning to be in Halland County when I was there, so I made other plans (I'll still be in Halland County, but just for the day). I should have checked with the daughter, too (who no longer lives there, either), because she pretty clearly wants to meet me. I sent her my schedule of where I'll be when (for the whole two weeks). Hopefully she can plug herself in somewhere. I was a little surprised the mother didn't seem willing to come down to Halland County regardless (even if it wasn't in her plans) given it may be the only time we'd get to meet each other in person - but then who knows what else she was planning on doing then. But I'm sorry I didn't check with her daughter - but we'll see if we can manage to get together regardless!

QOTD: between the two of us, we've owned five Hondas, so I guess that makes us Honda loyalists! (although I would also consider Toyotas and Subarus if I was in the market).

B: plain skyr with strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: chocolate "mousse" with raspberries

AS: protein muffin

D: zucchini gratin

ex: either water aerobics or biking

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/20/23 10:14 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I remember the train journey up country in Sweden taking...a long time. Only time I've ever showered on a train. That was an adventure in itself.

Hope she's able to find a way to meet you in the middle. I'm peripherally excited for your trip!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Mkess
on 6/20/23 6:08 am, edited 6/19/23 11:09 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy next gen Monday,

I'm digging that meme. I love T-Rex short arms pictures. My sister has a shirt, 'T-Rex hates push ups.' Here's a pic I stumbled upon yesterday.

QJB- You're a natural born killer at life! I don't know how you do it.

QOTD - I'm not loyal to a car company. I used to pride myself on only buying American. That went out the window after my first few cars. I'm more loyal to a good track record.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Cherries.

L: Pulled pork.

D: Leftover slice of pizza and prosciutto wrapped asparagus.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Queen JB
on 6/20/23 9:32 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I want to frame that book cover!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/20/23 10:18 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Your asparagus sounds better than mine. Except I've never been able to eat prosciutto.

Teenie
on 6/20/23 6:22 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Wow QJB you really hit the ground running yesterday. Hope you get as much done today with little stress and lots of sleep. I really do not have much going on today. I got up to go run got dressed stepped outside and it was raining. I was not happy and hope tomorrow the weather will cooperate. I know I can finish the 5k the question is can I get a medal. If I cannot trainee it probably will not happen, but I still would like to beat last years' time because it was not good. I got a 9:30 in-service and at lunch I want to go to the grocery to stock up my coffee creamer here. Someone always uses it and I am afraid of running out. Tonight, I am making Scotcharoo's to put in the freezer for the 4th of July. Hopefully I will hit the bed early. Snaking has been a problem when I stay awake.

QOTD: I was an Oldsmobile gal till they closed I think I had my last one in 1997. Then I went to Ford and have stayed there ever since. This car I have had has nothing, but problems and Ford has not been kind. I am looking for another brand for my next car. Just depends on who has the best color orange when I am ready for my next one.

Accountability: I keep eating these grain free Pretzels from Aldi that are not bad the problem is dipping them in the peanut butter.

TSS: 5 years 6 month 9 days 162.6 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate Twix creamer

MS: L&F toasted coconut vanilla Greek yogurt and watermelon.

CB: Coffee with SF Twix creamer

L: small chicken salad, zucchini lasagna and snack select

D: Smothered Chicken Breast or chicken salad with strawberry and feta and balsamic dressing.

Exercise: Dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics