What's on your Thursday Menu?

White Dove
on 6/15/23 6:37 am - Warren, OH

When I travel I enjoy the local food with no guilt. But I can remember years ago being out of clothes that fit well at the end of a two week vacation that included a lot of great local food.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/15/23 7:43 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I bet that's an interesting conundrum to have with your clothes not fitting! It's fun to compare the story of decades. I'm blessed to have the means now to go eat all the local things when I'm not stuck with buffets. And I want to try all those niche specialties around the world (looking at you hakarl!) you can't find anywhere else. But boy, compare it to that first road trip where our budget literally was ramen noodles and car camping. The journey of life. :)

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 6/15/23 9:13 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

yep - I ate a lot of pizza and gelato in Italy! But we did so much walking I came home weighing the same as when I'd left..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 6/15/23 2:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well last night took the cake for the least hours slept in the last couple of weeks. According to Fitbit, I slept for 1 h 37 m. Sounds about right since I fell asleep around 11:00 or 11:30 (despite being incredibly tired starting around 8:00 pm), and was wide awake by 1:30. UGH. Waiting for the day I have a major crash...

so where are you going in NC, QJB? I lived down there for 10 years. In Raleigh and then up in the mountains not far from Asheville. My brother still lives there but I haven't been back down there for probably five years.

I have a hair appt today, but that's it. I'm pretty much done with my trip planning (bought a train ticket from Almhult to Stockholm yesterday (a distant cousin recommended I buy that one ahead of time - my other train tickets I can buy at the station the day of (at least according to him - and he was born and raised in Sweden and lived there until he moved to Turkey last summer (his wife is Turkish), so I figure he'd know!). I still need to make lists of what I want to do and see, though. There have been too many other things I've had to deal with lately, so I haven't spent a ton of time on this. But starting today, I'm making the time since I'll be there in two weeks! (I definitely want to rent a bike in Copenhagen one day, though - I've heard it's a great biking city!)

QOTD: Madison, WI to Phoenix. A friend of mine moved down there about 20 years ago. She drove the UHaul, and I followed her in her car. It was three days of driving with just an AM radio. I thought I was going to DIE! I used to like long road trips (except not that one - UGH!), but nowadays my tolerance level is about three hours.

B: probably the old standby - plain skyr with fruit compote. And coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: Loma Linda taco filling topped with tomatoes and plain Greek yogurt

AS: protein muffin or Ratio yogurt

D: something with zucchini. I need to find a zucchini recipe this morning (in case I have to go to the store) before the four big zucchinis in my fridge die.

ex: biking or water aerobics - if I'm awake or feeling alert enough. After all the biking I did yesterday (over 22 miles), I'll forgive myself if I have to skip today, though

have a great day, all!

Queen JB
on 6/15/23 4:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

We'll be in Durham and Pittsboro! Grim is taking a woodworking class in Pittsboro with the guy from the PBS Woodwright show and we're taking in a Durham ball game while we are there :) We're staying at a nice bed & breakfast with a wrap around porch and rocking chairs where I will just chill out and do my schoolwork while he's in class.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 6/15/23 5:44 am
RNY on 02/14/18

that sounds lovely

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 6/15/23 6:14 am, edited 6/14/23 11:15 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Durham is right near Raleigh - so my old area! If I'm not mistaken, I think Pittsboro is right next to Chapel Hill. I don't know if I've ever been to Pittsboro, but I used to go to Chapel Hill a lot - some of my high school friends attended UNC-CH. Very nice town!

just checked - Pittsboro is 17 miles from Chapel Hill. So not right next to it - but not far!

Teenie
on 6/15/23 7:27 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

That sounds great.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 6/15/23 3:57 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Hope today finds you doing well.

Yesterday was ok. Which is better than horrible so I'll take it. My appointment went ok. I should know by around two this afternoon if the pump will stay or not...at least some time this afternoon. Right now it feels like I have a tack stuck in my hip on the left side. That foot is also particularly sore. As sore as dropping a frozen brisket on it would be( I speak from experience LOL). The right side hurts too but this left side...it always gives me a problem. Even my eye on the left side is in the worst shape,

Today'll be pretty laid back. We will have the kids until 4. Yesterday my niece Riley got flustered with me. She insisted birds are mammals. She finally believed me when I googled it. It was all in good fun. She is kind of a know it all and always has to win so it was kind of funny...even she laughed.

Not feeling particularly good. I've decided to get IMF another try starting this weekend, my bariatric doctor suggested it since I can't exercise all that much. He suggested to start at 12-12 or 10-14. I think the first two days will be the 10 and I'll work my way up to 16-8. I need to have a little more structure as I've been snacking during the night when I don't sleep...which is every single night. Wish me luck!

QOTD: from here, Amarillo, to west Yellowstone, Montana and on to Billings. It was and is my most favorite trip ever. I got to see my grandpa, who had seen so so much, see something he had never seen before. To see him in awe of the beauty and the animals...well it literally made me cry. Even with him touching the bacteria mat at Yellowstone and such it was the BEST trip ever. Even when our brake light was on going down bear tooth pass. The chorus of my grandparents say oh Lord...oh Jesus and my personal favorite we're gonna die ALL THE WAY DOWN a 14+ thousand foot pass. Best ever. I should post the photo I have of him there. I may in a response.

This is for Grim. Yes it's corny but I thought of you and your hams!

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 6/15/23 4:19 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The picture took me far too long, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views