What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/15/23 2:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Thursday already? Wow this week flew!! Good news, my leg looks even better and doesn't hurt nearly as much as it did yesterday. Yay for healing!

Nothing fun going on today. A research paper to dig into, some cookies to decorate, and an entire house to clean.

QOTD: What is the longest road trip you've ever taken? (If this is a contest, Lisa wins!) I think my longest trip was Boston to Chicago which google says is 15 hours with no stops or traffic. We didn't go straight through - we spent the night in Notre Dame. But this summer really takes the cake for the sheer amount of long trips. We've driven to OH and DC already, and Tuesday we leave at the crack of dawn to drive down to North Carolina for another week away :)

Hmm, I never got groceries and since we are leaving in a few days I guess I should just try to eat down the freezer.

B: Protein Coffee & Eggwich

L: Veggie Burger with Cheese

D: RGF Chicken Strips

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 6/15/23 2:42 am - Warren, OH

To Brooklyn, New York or Wilmington, NC. I no longer try to do road trips and fly as much as possible now. Not in distance, but time, the longest time on the road was going from Los Angeles to San Francisco and my brother and I took four days to do it. Stopped at lots of small places along the coast and just killed a week driving to SF and back. We drove back in one day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 6/15/23 4:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

My BFF and I took a long meandering trip up the coast of CA many years ago. We were super poor kids in our early 20s so we borrowed a friend's car which didn't have AC. The entire state was on fire and there were signs everywhere to keep windows rolled up so we drove in 90+ degrees with the windows up and no AC for days. It was a killer. Lovely trip, otherwise, though!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 6/15/23 6:33 am - Warren, OH

That was a great adventure and wonderful memories. We were in our 30's and had a really nice Lincoln Continental that had a phone when phones were very rare in cars. My sister-in-law sold real estate and had the phone that was in a big suitcase. We stopped at farm stands and bought things like fresh cherries. We ate in really fancy restaurants including the one owned by Clint Eastwood. We did all the tourist attractions. One bad thing was that my brother and sister-in-law smoked all the time, but back then smoke did not bother me at all.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/15/23 7:28 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Aren't the memories great? On my teenage road trip when we crossed into California there was an agricultural inspection. We had to get out and let them search the car. It was all new to us and when they asked if we had any fruits or vegetables, I learned not to joke that we had nothing besides the hothouse hiding under the hood. :) There were also warning signs all across the desert not to drive while tired and put a flag out your window if stranded. Good times.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/15/23 2:47 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

Yes, yay for healing! Hopefully the catching up on getting things done isn't too bad. And that meme is me with pancakes right now. Why do I want pancakes??

QOTD- Probably that first massive road trip when I was 19. My friend and I left at 4am from east of Atlanta and ended up driving flat out to California and then up the coast to about 40 miles from Washington. I've taken 4k+ mile round trips since then on my random wanderings but the first one stands out. Her parents footed a lot of the bill as our plans included sleeping in the car or camp grounds due to budget reasons. We had a cigarette lighter plug in hot plate and crates of ramen noodles. Prepared, in true teenage style. Ah, retrospect!

Today is my last day in NO. I'm heading to the airport a bit early as I have some work to get done and there was a bit of a trainwreck that happened yesterday with one of my projects. You know, the slow-moving kind you can't stop and also can't ignore. Hopefully we'll clear it up today.

I made it to two of the happy hours before having to throw in my hat for the day. Made it 12 hours so that's pretty good.

I'm meeting someone for breakfast and have two requests for coffee and one for lunch before heading out. Hopefully I'll catch a couple sessions, too.

Accountability- I ate the buffet yesterday. Really though, the serious treat was a croissant with butter and jam. I can't seem to find good croissants where I live. The ones for breakfast yesterday weren't sweet so...yum!

Exercise - Lots of walking. Some wall push-ups. I'm still sore, which I love! I also make a point to slowly climb or descend when I'm on any of the escalators.

Menu - Probably eggs and cajun sausage, lunch TBD but protein forward, airport food or protein bar.

Time to pack up! Can't sleep anymore. Cheers!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Mkess
on 6/15/23 5:40 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I'd love to hear highlights of your trip! It sounds great.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/15/23 7:37 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Heh. This trip is for work, so there isn't much extra to share. My highlights have been scoring beignets and cafe au lait Tuesday morning at Cafe Du Monde, scarfing a half dozen oysters Bienville/Rockefeller (wanted to be kind to my stomach and not risk raw) at Felix's and lamenting their lack of turtle soup, and that lovely flounder at Oceana. My highlights are all food because I don't have time for anything around the work part. I crashed after happy hour x2 yesterday. I love visiting here and there's so much I still haven't seen yet. Kinda sad I missed a late after party at the Court of the Two Sisters since that's the first place I ever ate in NO back in 2005. Would have been nice to revisit!

Sheila_H
on 6/15/23 8:47 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Wow, you are very adventurous with your food, having had the surgery less than a year ago, especially after your recent GI issues. I was too scared to try new things, afraid to get stuck or dump.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/15/23 10:57 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Hey, eleven months today!

On one hand I'm terrified because I still have all the symptoms of a blockage and have since coming out of the hospital from the first one. I'm doing everything the doctors have suggested to prevent issues...but I still worry. Something is wrong...don't know what...hopefully will know more after the 27th.

On the other hand, outside of slime/foamies once at about two months and eggs making me want to hurl, I haven't run into any intolerances or dumping issues when trying new things. Yay for that. Dunno if stuck experiences versus my "too full to eat" compare, but don't think I've had that...it sounds terrifying. I worry about swallowing something too big, especially since braces make it more difficult to chew.

I'd scrapped the protein forward a bit recently in favor of food because it was so hard to get dense protein down...doing better with that now! I guess this was the first time having flounder since surgery but I'd assumed that since I've had so many other kinds of mild fi**** would be fine. I'm glad to be getting back to a diet with more seafood and much less red meat!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics