What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/14/23 2:07 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hellooo Wednesday! Hope you all had a great start to the week :)

My knee is back to a reasonable size and feeling better AND I got Wordle on the 2nd try today so I think it's going to be a great day :)

QOTD: Have you ever raised livestock? I haven't personally, but my nieces and nephews lived a few towns over and they raised chickens, goats, pigs, horses, and other odd animals like pea****s, doves, etc. Whenever the family went away, I used to be the caretaker but I hated it.

B: Protein Coffee & Chicken

S: Popchips

L: Veggie burger with cheese

D: Chicken

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 6/14/23 2:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

Boy yesterday sucked...BIG TIME. Ugh.

No big plans for the day. I have an appointment to get the med changed in my pain pump. I talked to the nurse yesterday and this is the last chance. They will do what they planned to do two weeks ago...back to morphine. My hope are not exactly high if I even have any hopes about it. I've tried to be positive about every attempt or change and it's garnered me a big ol headache with occasional heartache. You could say I'm numb about it with my feelings. :::shoulder shrug:::

We do have the kids today as well. We're going to pick them up so we can avoid the certain neighbors. The cops were caught in numerous lies. Including one saying they came for a call on someone who tried to break in to our shed. The problem is we didn't call them on that because we didn't know until later that day that it even happened. One lie of many. My already low opinion of the police in our city is even lower. Plus he was a complete dick to us. Of course I also caught some venom from my mom. She's just like her mom and dad in this area. Someone some of this was my fault and I should've had my ass out there backing her up. My mind isn't always clear and it doesn't always do exactly what she thinks I should. My mom always nitpicks what I do. It's my least favorite thing. I don't scrap the food out of the dog food can the right way. I don't add the sweetener to her coffee before the pour. It goes on and on. I'm just tired of being the punching bag is all. I know I'm a safe person for her and she knows I don't hold a grudge but I'm really tired of it. I had a huge ugly cry yesterday.

QOTD: the closest I've come is what we have now. 3 dogs and two cats. They may not live in a barnyard but their attitudes make up for that,

Mel

White Dove
on 6/14/23 3:19 am - Warren, OH

The police allow apply different standards to different neighborhoods. Once I confronted a state inspector who nitpicked some small detail in my beauty shop. I asked why there were poor conditions in another beauty shop and they were granted their license renewal with no questions asked.

The inspector told me that they tolerated what happened in that shop because it was located in a less desirable area and that I had to meet more stringent requirements because the presumed standards were higher for where I was located.

What I believe is happening to you is exactly that unwritten law where the police have decided to allow your area to be a drug producing area and they will turn a blind eye. There may be some way to bring a lawsuit against the police department. Document everything and talk with your zoning department. The threat of being sued and put on notice may be what it takes to get action.

Public opinion is a huge motivator in political situations. Do you have neighbors that are just as upset as you and your mother and who will join you in protesting? Look for free support from your newpapers and TV stations. Attend city council meetings and stand up and get attention for your cause. The more you expose what is going on, the more chance that you can get it fixed.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 6/14/23 5:12 am - Amarillo, TX

Boy you hit the nail on the head. We live on the less desirable side of town. They won't arrest the criminals because it makes them have to do work. Ever since we got the current chief of police things went down hill.

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/14/23 3:49 am
WLS on 07/15/22

A day at a time. It's a bad situation for you without many good options. I know you've talked to your mom multiple times about her treatment of you and that moving out isn't an option, but maybe some boundaries and cut her off completely if she disrespects them? She's got years of her reactions and it would take time but worth a try.

Hope today is a better day.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 6/14/23 5:16 am - Amarillo, TX

my mom apologized but it'll happen again. She has a testy temper since her mini stroke. Completely changed in the way she gets more aggressive. I have to let things run off my back and not let it affect me longer than a day. It's hard to do sometimes but alas it's what I have to do for mental health. I wish I could convince her to see a psychiatrist.

Mel

Queen JB
on 6/14/23 6:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

My dad's personality has changed a lot since his strokes. I try to remember that with many people who have strokes, they lose speech ability or physical functioning. We don't get mad at them because they can't do what they used to do. So same should go for the personality change--when the stroke takes out the part of the brain that helps them stay calm and rational, there isn't anything more they can do about it than the person who lost the ability to speak. You are the one who is going to have to change, because she can't :(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 6/14/23 6:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Indeed. Sometimes it's hard to process. Yesterday was just particularly hurtful but it's all under the bridge today. Like you said they can't change. We have to adapt.

thank you!

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/14/23 11:30 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Thank you for this reminder.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 6/14/23 3:48 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

it's like that with Alzheimer's, too. There were days my dad was just awful. I remember a few evenings he'd cuss my brother and me out and call us names. My dad would yell at us occasionally when we were kids, but he would have NEVER cussed us out or called us names (i.e., when we were kids). We had to keep reminding ourselves that it wasn't him, it was the disease. But yea - it was bad. We learned to leave around dinner time because he tended to be worse in the evenings - "sundown syndrome" - not uncommon among dementia patients. For some reason evening sets some of them off.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views